Super Smash Bros. Brawl: Character and Tier Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I'm not arguing about Yoshi potentially getting a bump on the tier list, just on what your definition of what a "good" matchup against Falco at least is :P.

Also I have work at that time (8 AM - 4 PM EST), otherwise I would've been happy to oblige.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
ROB can also chain grab with grab release -> dtilt if it trips. $$$

Guess who it still works on even without the trip?

Cathy

Banned deucer.
Lucas grab release -> down tilt doesn't work, and nor does ROB grab release- > down tilt. Almost every character in the game can shield both of these. ROB recovers from releasing somebody on the ground at frame 30, which is also the frame almost every character can act after being broken from a grab, and it only takes one frame to put up your shield. Since neither ROB's nor Lucas's down tilt hits on frame 1, these combos do not actually work on the majority of the cast.

On the other hand, you can actually hit Ness, since he doesn't finish recovering until frame 40, but you won't be able to grab again unless it trips, as once you've hit him it's the same as hitting him with a down tilt in any other circumstance... and it's not like ROB's down tilt always combos into a grab.

Ness has some pretty big feet...

I wonder if Maku watched that Lucus video?
It doen't really work, like colin just said. Lucas's Down Tilt has VERY little hit stun so your opponent can react while you fire your bat.

I'm a bit more afraid of Maku seeing this

It doen't really work, like colin just said. Lucas's Down Tilt has VERY little hit stun so your opponent can react while you fire your bat.

I'm a bit more afraid of Maku seeing this
Haha I was just about to post that, actually. It's pretty sweet how it effectively limits your opponent's options.

I wonder if Maku watched that Lucus video?
Indeed I did Dunk, but I'm afraid I probably won't be using any of those techs (save the triple dair, because I actually already knew how to do that one)! x3

I just don't see how they'd work for ME! I'm not all that much of an adv. player as it is; using those PK fire jumps and that dashing psi magnet just don't seem like they'd fit into my style of play. =/

As for the Jiggly vid, that was truly awesome,...but I don't think I have the BALLS to pull off stuff like that! I guess if I practiced it....maybe, but still. It would suck to mess up and get SMACKED for it! lol

In short, my Lucas will stay the way it is now. ^^

*gives Jigglypuff a hug* (I wuv you!)

@Minwu: Thanks a lot for mentioning Lucas' pivot grab man! I don't use it TOO often, but I manage to sneak it in every-now-and-then. It's pretty badass! Appreciate it! =P

A new tier list will be released in what I would guess to be a week from now. The votes are in, we are awaiting a set format and presentation.

That's neat, can't wait to see it. Are you allowed to spoil us all and tell us who placed where, or do we have to wait?

(Tell me how Yoshi does oh god please)

I doubt MK will get his own tier. He's definitely not leagues above the other top tiers. Especially not Snake.

I'm interested in Diddy's placement. Will he make top, or will he stay in a similar place? I anticipate him being under Marth by a spot or two, or at least I hope he is that high. Thunderhorse thinks he deserves top, but I don't think the same. Wouldn't be surprised if he did make it there.

G&W should stay the same, I think. Bucket Braking is great, but only good enough to keep others from passing him in the list.

Quite excited about the list!
Everyone prepare for complaints :D

edit: Thunderhorse spoiled it. Am angry.
S/A/B/C/D/E is dumb.

Ugh, these videos of people hacking Brawl bothers me immensely. The game is fine, but instead these crazy fucks think they're improving the game by making it more like Melee... ugh. GG smash elitists

Cathy

Banned deucer.
I think Brawl is fine as is, with its hitstun and shieldstun mechanics, and its air dodge system, and so on.

But much can be learned from hacking the game, and no one is forcing you to play so-called Brawl+. I don't see what there is to get upset about.

Haha I was going to edit my post but it looks like you beat me to it, Colin. I was just about to say that after thinking about it for more than half a second, these guys are fine to play Brawl as they see fit, but I think what the root of my problem with it is that some crazy people may try to make it the norm.

I agree that hacking any game is fun/great/can inform the players (especially competitive games like Brawl and other FPSes), for sure. But when some guys take it to the next level, and attempt to modify the game because they feel that it's better and force their opinion down others' throats, that's where I draw the line.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi guys, this thread is called "Super Smash Bros. Brawl: Character and Tier Discussion" not "Super Smash Bros Identity Crisis: Character and Tier Discussion". Please stay on-topic.

And for the love of god stop using the word "rape" as an adjective, noun, or whatever the fuck it is you want to use it as. Rape is a verb and has some very strong connotations attached. I think I'm going to start infracting for incoherency if I see it used the way it is on SmashBoards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)