Super Smash Bros. Brawl Discussion #2 (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh

Err, sorry Bioshock but your fictional scenario barely makes any sense in the first place. Firstly FS's would be turned off in terms of spawning randomly as an item- we don't know if you can turn off the "pity" auto-FS and if it turns out that you can't have "pity" FS's without randomly spawning FS's then my point is null and void and the subject is done. I'm discussing the possibility of the pity-FS being available without a random-spawning FS.

Secondly Link's final smash is easily avoidable unless you're on Final Destination or some such similar type of level that has no platforms. Even then... all you have to do is stay on a horizontal plane higher than he is (jumping, mindgames, etc. etc...)

I'm not sure what kind of point you were trying to make with "Nobody forsaw that with Street Fighter..." Are you saying that the fact that some supers were broken and others weren't became a problem? Or that the one guy was able to dodge each hit? Regardless Sakurai knows what makes Smash Competitive, he's not going to fuck around with the formula that's been the same since the original.
1) If it would be turned off as an item it would be turned off in every situation.

2) Links FS is dodgeable but only when you see it coming, wich you can't.

What the FUCK did I just see HP instead of damage?

It’s a fated battle with your own shadow.
This is a stamina based match.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/various/images/various04/various04_070913a-l.jpg

Please read => Stamina Mode.

?_? I don't understand why you are shocked that 1 event so far has stamina mode?

EDIT: Wait, does Stamina mode work the same way it did in Melee? The 'Start match with 0%' makes me feel you die when you hit a %, instead of losing HP then dying...

StrangerDanger

RETURN TO COMPETITIVE POKEMON ISLAND
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
There better fucking be. Giga Bowser, Ganon, and Ridley.

Also I like the difficulty option as well, I really hope it's a factor for some unlockables.
I'd like a Giga Boswer, Beast Ganon, and ROBO-MECHA-DEDEDE fight, but i doubt it'll happen.

This update was really good. I like Metaknight and Mario's the best, but i'm the events are back in action. Hopefully there'll be 100.

Also, if anyone else noticed, the second event show's Fox's Landmaster. Sounds fun!

hmmm..... I wonder why Sakurai showed the 1,3, and 4th event matches but randomly skipped the 2nd? Judging by the landmaster it is obviously a Starfox stage.... perhaps he didn't show it because there is a unrevealed character in that match? (Krystal anyone?)

1) If it would be turned off as an item it would be turned off in every situation.

2) Links FS is dodgeable but only when you see it coming, wich you can't.
Ugh this is really getting fucking frustrating to explain to you. I'm trying to discuss what people think of a hypothetical situation (Final Smashes being available even though the Smash Ball item is turned off, but only if you're being beaten) and you're just coming in and completely fagging it up, just stop it already. And it's not even confirmed that if Smash Balls are turned off, Final Smashes are unavailable- It's likely, yes, but not confirmed. So seriously please just stop trying to shit all over everything I write with spammy one-liners and fucking discuss the topic, this isn't your personal Firebot.

In response to your second point, I really see no reason to further explain myself beyond Link's final smash misses if he is not on the same plane as his opponent. If I'm playing an aerial-heavy character like Kirby, MetaKnight, or even Yoshi, it isn't that hard to dodge.

hmmm..... I wonder why Sakurai showed the 1,3, and 4th event matches but randomly skipped the 2nd? Judging by the landmaster it is obviously a Starfox stage.... perhaps he didn't show it because there is a unrevealed character in that match? (Krystal anyone?)
No maybe he thought people would be less interested in that one, since the Landmaster was one of the most boring updates so far. At least compared to the other Final Smashes.

Also I don't understand why people even want Krystal?

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
NeuroToxin said:
Yes it does, and Surgo is a huge SSB n00b.
Please say "newbie" in the future; this is Smogon, we do not use idiot-speak here.

Also, I do not remember SSB having a stamina mode. SSBM? That's another matter (and a game I didn't play, for that matter).

StrangerDanger

Please say "newbie" in the future; this is Smogon, we do not use idiot-speak here.

Also, I do not remember SSB having a stamina mode. SSBM? That's another matter (and a game I didn't play, for that matter).
Yeah, melee had a Stamina mode, but i believe it was capped at 150.

Oh.

Still, it was kinda strange how you reacted. =]

Yes, there must be one of the first unlockables on that event match, therefore it wasn't shown... but is the second stage though, they would put a secret in the second stage?.

Edit: Diabolic 666 post!

No maybe he thought people would be less interested in that one, since the Landmaster was one of the most boring updates so far. At least compared to the other Final Smashes.

Also I don't understand why people even want Krystal?

Wellll the Landmaster being boring is really your opinion, and wouldn't have any affect on Sakurai not choosing to show that update. Regardless, what I said was just off-the-wall speculation, just thought I'd through it out there :P.

And personally I don't really care if Krystal makes it or not, I was thinking Krystal because it is already confirmed that she is in the game, just not what she is (AT, playable or other). Though I suppose if she had her staff she would be an interesting character to play.

EDIT:
Yes, there must be one of the first unlockables on that event match, therefore it wasn't shown... but is the second stage though, they would put a secret in the second stage?.

Edit: Diabolic 666 post!
Ehhhhh good point. That would be a bit off to have a secret character in the second event match. Perhaps it is just a starting character that hasn't been unveiled yet?

StrangerDanger

I think it's one of the unrevealed starters on there.

I also think Krystal is wanted so much, not because of her character, but because we've never had a staff wielder, and that'd be cool.

Steelicks

Come here and Battle me!
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
looks like dedede may be available from the start, unless you unlock him by beating that event match or something... hm...

Well, to be fair in the original Luigi was part of the Adventure Mode, and you couldn't unlock him right away.
What?

And Steelicks, it's generally thought that every character thus far excluding any third party characters are starters. Sakurai wouldn't reveal an unlockable character until AFTER the games release, much like he did with Melee.

Sonuis

Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated!
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I also think Krystal is wanted so much, not because of her character, but because we've never had a staff wielder, and that'd be cool.
No. The real answer is that Krystal is a woman... well, sort of. red13n joke here.

Now, let's avoid predicting/wanting new characters.

Oh yes exactly, I looked at the stark mountain board, yes everyone says newbie and uses correct spelling and grammer >.> Come on and take a look there instead of here.

Edit: newbie is just as much internet slang as noob.

Oh Hyrule Temple, how I love thee so.

Awesome update, and the music sounds pretty cool (and retro) as well. Glad they made a new version as well as keeping the old one. Now the only BGM they need to add to make the music selection for that stage complete in my eyes is this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)