Super Smash Bros. Brawl Discussion #2 (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the last picture on Share, at the bottom of the picture, it says

"Points needed to send this data: 14 (20 remaining)"

What does this mean? Or more specifically what points are they talking about?

Lack of updates till the 7th sucks, but we can pretty safely assume they'll at least be good updates then.

I now demand that hydra be in as well.
I was actually wondering for a while if sakurai was conceited enough to include both of his "legendary air ride machines." It seems he liked a lot of what he did in that game, with both the menus, and now this as an item.

In the last picture on Share, at the bottom of the picture, it says

"Points needed to send this data: 14 (20 remaining)"

What does this mean? Or more specifically what points are they talking about?
Probably something they're gonna reveal in a later update.

StrangerDanger

RETURN TO COMPETITIVE POKEMON ISLAND
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'd imagine time either stops, or your viewfinder becomes the new camera angle, as people scramble to get out of your way.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Darn. When I saw Dragoon I thought for maybe a second that Kain from FF4 was being made an Assist Trophy.

Sonuis

Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated!
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I hope they give as much input about the service as they can. Otherwise things could turn out bad.

Just a question for you guys about Smash Bros.

I am practicing my "skills" on very hard mode in SSBM in preperation for SSBB. Now whenever I use an attack my computer foe will attack and gets priority every single time. Why do they strike first every single time even when I execute my attack way beforehand?
Is this because they are computers, and therefore have inhuman reaction time, or does it mean that I just really suck?

Anyway I am going to practice my wavedashing, shorthopping, L-canceling, and all those other techniques (assuming that they are in SSBB).

wavedashing isn't but sh is the same and i think l-cancel is different in some weird way

very hard mode is basically just changing the handicap for you and the computer

Never practice against level 9 computers or in Very Hard mode, for reasons you already stated; they have ridiculous reaction time, but on top of that they are extremely predictable and you can abuse the crap out of them for easy wins 99% of the time. Just see a couple videos on youtube of decent people facing level 9s and it's easy to imagnie that it really doesn't prepare you for actual competitive play. Just go up against a level 1 computer, or training mode if you need to practice advanced techniques like wavedashing.

On the other hand, wavedashing is gone from Brawl as far as we can tell, L-cancelling is different, aerial speed is different (characters like Fox don't even fall too fast), and we don't know what other techniques will be available to us as we get our hands on the actual game, so practicing Melee in the hopes of getting a leg-up on the competition for Brawl doesn't seem like a great idea. =/

So does that mean that I just really suck after not playing it for over half a year? And how do you know wavedashing isnt? I could have sworn that metaknight was doing it in the trailer. White smoke appears under his feet which is a sign of wavedashing.

edit: Oh so they do have unreal reaction time...

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Directional airdodge is out. As a result, wavedashing (as it's done in Melee) is out. We found that out from people who went to E for All.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)