Side SV Monotype OMs 5v5 Tour - Round 2 (Groups Stage)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DugZa

Carpe Diem
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
NUPL Champion

Art by Brumirage
Approved by Monotype forum mods

SV Monotype OMs 5v5 Tour - Round 2
This team tournament gives an opportunity to further develop the Generation 9 Monotype OMs post-DLC by showcasing LC, CAP, Terastal, STABmons and Monothreat in a Bo5 series. More information regarding the individual OMs can be found here.

Tournament Format & Rules :
  • There are 12 teams of 5 players, divided into 3 groups of 4 teams.
  • Like normal team tours, you will play Bo1 versus your opponents, and the team is playing to win the best of five between the players. You do not need to play all at the same time, so schedule individually like usual!
  • You must play on the main Pokemon Showdown server or on the Smogtours server. Replays posted from any other server will be ignored.
  • This tournament is about developing Monotype OMs and their metagames. As a result, you must abide by the following.:
    • Save your replays
    • And post your replays
    • There's a lot of Replays to keep track of PLEASE POST YOUR WINS WITH REPLAYS OR THEY WILL NOT BE COUNTED!!!!!
  • Extensions don't exist in team tours, but there are no subs in this tour. So, I will leave the option of extensions open with the caveat that you need to legitimately try to schedule within the week. I reserve the right to deny extensions.
  • Tournament Discussion can be in the Monotype Room on PS! or the Monotype Tours Discussion Channel in the Monotype Discord.

Standard Monotype Rules:
  • Same Type Clause: Pokémon in a team must share a type
  • Sleep Clause Mod: Limit one foe put to sleep
  • Species Clause: Limit one of each Pokémon
  • OHKO Clause: OHKO moves are banned
  • Evasion Moves Clause: Evasion moves are banned
  • Endless Battle Clause: Forcing endless battles is banned
  • HP Percentage Mod: HP is shown in percentages

Tournament Structure:
  • This tournament will have two stages: groups and playoffs.
  • For the groups stage, teams will be randomly split into separate groups. The top team of each group will advance to the playoffs, as well as the best overall second place team as determined by overall score and win/loss differential.
  • Ties will be decided by total wins, so make sure to play every game.
  • For the playoffs, it will be a standard single elimination bracket.

:ogerpon-cornerstone:Cornerstone Group

TBD (1) vs. (4) Nyanotype
LC: zeroouttathere vs. Neko
CAP: maroon vs. Ashbala
Terastal: Floss vs. Bka Onon
STABmons: Mr.Bossaru vs. CrossHeart
Monothreat: roxie vs. Sunnyboi0

Monothreat type: Bug:yanmega:

OM Piplups (2) vs. (2) mono lc lovers
LC: Catalystic vs. Quinn
CAP: Swiffix vs. Scholar
Terastal: Anttya vs. rarre
STABmons: Sae vs. anique
Monothreat: Ticken vs. Tack

Monothreat type: Dark:urshifu:

Team | W - L (Points) | Win Differential

#1 OM Piplups | 1-0 (2) | +2
#1 Nyanotype | 1-0 (2) | +2
#3 TBD | 0-1 (0) | -2
#3 mono lc lovers | 0-1 (0) | -2

:ogerpon-hearthflame:Hearthflame Group

we hate u plunder (5)
vs. (0) Mono TP
LC: Leafium Z vs. TheIronPikachu
CAP: silver grace vs. DragonPhoenix333
Terastal: ikiarihS vs. Muralik29
STABmons: Trichotomy vs. Hiusi guy
Monothreat: style.css vs. Spcplayzz

Monothreat type: Fire:volcanion:

i suck at coming up with names (2) vs. (3) Spear Pillar Spindas
LC: ToxaNex vs. pratik2007
CAP: K3ppr vs. sundays
Terastal: ToasterBoi420 vs. A-drago destroyer
STABmons: PociekMociek vs. Realblazing
Monothreat: dex vs. shadowmaster6789

Monothreat type: Rock:drednaw:

#1 Spear Pillar Pindas | 1-0 (3) | +2
#2 we hate u plunder | 1-0 (2) | +1
#3 i suck at coming up with names | 0-1 (0) | -1
#4 Mono TP | 0-1 (0) | -3

:ogerpon-wellspring:Wellspring Group

will add later (4)
vs. (1) ZOOPALS
LC: Sificon vs. crashy
CAP: TTK vs. Trouser Snakes
Terastal: Ethereal Sword vs. LuckyPiper
STABmons: Giyu vs. Arch Of Life
Monothreat: Uta The Clown vs. Jahkem

Monothreat type: Ghost:gengar:

Wifeleavers (2) vs. (3) Pickup Piplups
LC: FadedCharm vs. Cao Jie
CAP: boomp611 vs. Fraolain
Terastal: Hyjinks vs. UBW Gandalf
STABmons: bruised vs. Ferno
Monothreat: Cee o-o vs. ArkenCiel

Monothreat type: Normal:ursaluna-bloodmoon:

#1 Pickup Piplups | 1-0 (2) | +1
#1 will add later | 1-0 (2) | +1
#3 Wifeleavers | 0-1 (0) | -1
#3 ZOOPALS | 0-1 (0) | -1

--------------------------------------

LC
/chall gen9lc @@@ sametypeclause, terastalclause, -Bright Powder, -Damp Rock, -Focus Band, -Heat Rock, -Icy Rock, -King's Rock, -Lax Incense, -Quick Claw, +Diglett-Base, +Flittle, +Growlithe-Hisui, +Vulpix, +Vulpix-Alola, +Sticky Web

CAP
/chall gen9monotype @@@ +CAP, -Cawmodore, -Fidgit, -Crucibellite, -Heat Rock

Terastal
/chall gen9monotype @@@ !terastalclause

STABmons
/chall gen9stabmons @@@ sametypeclause, terastalclause, +Basculegion, +Basculegion-F, +Houndstone, +Lilligant-Hisui, +Walking Wake, -Iron Hands, -Palafin, -Last Respects, -Surging Strikes, -Booster Energy, -Bright Powder, -Damp Rock, -Focus Band, -King's Rock, -Lax Incense, -Quick Claw

Deadline for all battles will be Sunday, October 8th at 11:59 pm EST. NO EXTENSIONS WILL BE ALLOWED FOR ANY ROUND.

REPLAYS ARE MANDATORY.

Last edited:

Tack

Bow to your Matriarch
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
i've made a good faith attempt to play the game within my availability and essentially been told to go fuck myself by my opponent at every turn bc i work weekends, requesting that the game be declared dead (or that my opponent actually plays me) since the only precedent i could find says this would be a double sub and this tour doesnt have subs
1696543449721.png
1696543509782.png
every bit of relevant precedent i could find says that this is a double sub normally, particularly xray v luigi 2 spls ago with the literal only other thing close i could find being this weird extension from grand slam
im still not available tomorrow through sunday and i'll be available all night tn if you want to actually play pokemon instead of hardlining activity from monday afternoon Ticken

Ticken

Lotad & Bulbasaur Enthusiast
is a Top Tutoris a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host
B101 Leader
Hello Tack and thanks for tagging,

I am not sure what you are trying to accomplish with your post aside from call me out for not meeting you on your terms, but I've told you repeatedly why I can't agree to battle until Friday. I have school that I need to focus on and my badges aren't just aesthetic; they represent the other responsibilities I have. I have a full load of classes to worry about, most of which I need to lead group projects for. I put a lot of time and effort into my builds, and I am not going to rush my process or go in unprepared because I have other priorities to focus on. Sure you have work, but surely you can spend 10 minutes before bed or after you wake up to battle, right? (Using the estimate you told me.) Why are you making me out as the bad guy? Is it fair that you had more time throughout the week before our game, if it happened on Monday-Thursday, so you would be more prepared than me?

I agree that the game is more in-line with being a dead game due to our schedules not matching up, but I would argue that my range is substantially better than yours. You presented me with Tuesday-Thursday anytime while I presented you with Friday-Sunday anytime. Saturday and Sunday traditionally are the premier days to battle because it's typically most flexible for work/school.

You can check my replays for past tournaments. The only games where I played before Friday (the one on Thursday), I used a team I already had in my builder. I do not have that luxury for the new gen so that is precisely why I wouldn't agree. This is my perspective, and I don't plan on responding further and clogging up the thread with unnecessary drama. I intend to call act if Tack can not play me this weekend as I stand by Friday-Sunday availability > Tuesday-Thursday, especially with my responsibilities being considered. Thank you.

And to be clear, yes I wrote this before his availability window expires, but I still have commitments to deal with and I won't be available to craft my team until that's over.

DugZa

Carpe Diem
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
NUPL Champion
i've made a good faith attempt to play the game within my availability and essentially been told to go fuck myself by my opponent at every turn bc i work weekends, requesting that the game be declared dead (or that my opponent actually plays me) since the only precedent i could find says this would be a double sub and this tour doesnt have subs
every bit of relevant precedent i could find says that this is a double sub normally, particularly xray v luigi 2 spls ago with the literal only other thing close i could find being this weird extension from grand slam
im still not available tomorrow through sunday and i'll be available all night tn if you want to actually play pokemon instead of hardlining activity from monday afternoon Ticken
Hello Tack and thanks for tagging,

I am not sure what you are trying to accomplish with your post aside from call me out for not meeting you on your terms, but I've told you repeatedly why I can't agree to battle until Friday. I have school that I need to focus on and my badges aren't just aesthetic; they represent the other responsibilities I have. I have a full load of classes to worry about, most of which I need to lead group projects for. I put a lot of time and effort into my builds, and I am not going to rush my process or go in unprepared because I have other priorities to focus on. Sure you have work, but surely you can spend 10 minutes before bed or after you wake up to battle, right? (Using the estimate you told me.) Why are you making me out as the bad guy? Is it fair that you had more time throughout the week before our game, if it happened on Monday-Thursday, so you would be more prepared than me?

I agree that the game is more in-line with being a dead game due to our schedules not matching up, but I would argue that my range is substantially better than yours. You presented me with Tuesday-Thursday anytime while I presented you with Friday-Sunday anytime. Saturday and Sunday traditionally are the premier days to battle because it's typically most flexible for work/school.

You can check my replays for past tournaments. The only games where I played before Friday (the one on Thursday), I used a team I already had in my builder. I do not have that luxury for the new gen so that is precisely why I wouldn't agree. This is my perspective, and I don't plan on responding further and clogging up the thread with unnecessary drama. I intend to call act if Tack can not play me this weekend as I stand by Friday-Sunday availability > Tuesday-Thursday, especially with my responsibilities being considered. Thank you.

And to be clear, yes I wrote this before his availability window expires, but I still have commitments to deal with and I won't be available to craft my team until that's over.
As your availabilities are incompatible and neither party is willing to accommodate to the other's availability, this will be ruled a dead game if the game isn't completed by the deadline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)