Metagame SV OU Metagame Discussion v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
dr bees!.jpeg

What's this? A metagame full of hazard spam with very few reliable removers and insane speed creep to the point where 110 is considered mediocre, already in a state of chaos due to multiple potentially broken threats and an insane generational mechanic? My DLC drop full of BEES ought to put a stop to that!
bees 2.jpeg

Aaaagh! The situation has only been made worse by the addition of yet more bees!

This thing would be in UU if Gholdengo didn’t exist and it’s really in S-Tier rn
i doubt it. being able to inflict 3 layers of spikes and a layer of webs on the opponent in a single turn, retroactively wasting 4 of theirs, is pretty valuable whether gholdengo exists or not. plus, it's always good against veil and screens teams, which are better this gen than they ever have been. it wouldn't be s-tier if gholdengo were gholdengone, but it definitely wouldn't be uu

Hey, what do people run as tera options for Blissey? I know Ghost exists and people run it, but my favorite has got to be tera dark. Being able to shut down the users of psyshock seems so amazingly good for it. I'd be surprised if it wasn't the most popular tera type.
Dark, fairy, and water are probably the best. Dark because psyshock immunity is huge and fairy and water are both amazing defensive types.

Cinderace chilling in S tier right now fr, and it’s on its one trick pony set. Interesting meta.
The Blood Moon and Bax bans helped it out quite a bit, but I feel it has some iffy MUs vs Iron Moth, Zamazenta, and Gliscor to really be considered S-Rank. Nontheless its utility vs Veil / Webs cannot be understated.

Unrelated, but it is sad to see Hat, a once prominent balanced staple, turn into another cheese Stored Power sweeper on G-Terrain / Veil. Still, that mon is also pretty good rn into certain playstyles like Web.

With Sticmy Webs on the rise I hope to see a return of Ursaluna. Trailblaze sets should eat well with the now apparent ease of setting up.
No. Two reasons->
1. Protect Gliscor (burn ticks timer/or u get knocked/toxic, Ground immunity, eats facade, and doesn’t care about your speed)
2. Balloon ghold (they commonly run substitute now, so gl popping the balloon)

What might rise next month however is maushold, as it has a chance to okho phys def gliscor at +1, hazard removes while setting up and ignoring gholdengo, faster encore then ogerpon, ohkos ogerpon with population bomb at +0 and is faster, and encores gambit in endgames to delete sucker punches (spidge got me on the maushold train lol)

Soiramio3000

Banned deucer.
No. Two reasons->
1. Protect Gliscor (burn ticks timer/or u get knocked/toxic, Ground immunity, eats facade, and doesn’t care about your speed)

What might rise next month however is maushold, as it has a chance to okho phys def gliscor at +1, hazard removes while setting up and ignoring gholdengo, faster encore then ogerpon, ohkos ogerpon with population bomb at +0 and is faster, and encores gambit in endgames to delete sucker punches (spidge got me on the maushold train lol)
what if the metagame adapts and we simply start seeing rocky helmet more often?

moushold will die if it uses population bomb on a rocky helmet user.
1697646476891.jpeg

Hey, what do people run as tera options for Blissey? I know Ghost exists and people run it, but my favorite has got to be tera dark. Being able to shut down the users of psyshock seems so amazingly good for it. I'd be surprised if it wasn't the most popular tera type.
To add to what was said above. Water can be used to shrug off attacks such as Tera Water Walking Wake's Hydro Steam which may otherwise overwhelm Blissey. Fairy gives Blissey a good matchup against Dragon Darts + Hex Dragapult.

Sorry for asking the (maybe) obvious question here, but why is the suspect thread locked? Is the suspect test happening? I don't get the message when finding a game in SV OU.

Sorry for asking the (maybe) obvious question here, but why is the suspect thread locked? Is the suspect test happening? I don't get the message when finding a game in SV OU.
As per post #2 in the suspect threat, new suspect threads are always locked for 24 hours prior to any discussion being allowed.

As per post #2 in the suspect threat, new suspect threads are always locked for 24 hours prior to any discussion being allowed.
Thank you, I haven't been participating in suspect tests except for this gen. I already got reqs, but there's no message on showdown. It counts still right? ......right?

interesting enough of a meta for an ou vr to come out very soon i would say
(foreshadowing)
i was about to say something like "maybe, but i think they'll probably wait until after the suspect, or after the meta settles from the roaring moon ban if it ends up getting kicked", but then i saw who was posting so never mind i guess

No. Two reasons->

+1 Maushold is lethal and people frequently overlook just how threatening it is after a Tidy Up.

+1 252 Atk Technician Maushold Population Bomb (10 hits) vs. 244 HP / 252+ Def Gliscor: 330-390 (93.7 - 110.7%) -- approx. 50% chance to OHKO
(Guaranteed with Stealth Rock)
0 Atk Gliscor Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Maushold: 138-163 (47.7 - 56.4%) -- 85.9% chance to 2HKO

Gliscor gets killed even if both mons enter on a double switch.

+1 252 Atk Technician Maushold Bite vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gholdengo: 214-252 (67.9 - 80%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Gholdengo Make It Rain vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Maushold: 252-297 (87.1 - 102.7%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO

A healthy Gholdengo can switch in on the Tidy Up and force Maushold out, but you still got rid of the hazards, and it does mean that Ghold has to stay healthy.

252 Atk Technician Maushold Population Bomb (10 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Ogerpon-Wellspring: 400-480 (132.8 - 159.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252 Atk Technician Maushold Population Bomb (10 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Ogerpon-Cornerstone: 300-360 (99.6 - 119.6%) -- approx. 81.3% chance to OHKO

Being able to revenge kill Wellspring is nice, and none of the forms can switch in on the Tidy Up. 111 Speed is coming in clutch here.

252 Atk Technician Maushold Population Bomb (10 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Dondozo: 240-280 (47.6 - 55.5%) -- approx. 60.9% chance to 2HKO
0 Atk Dondozo Liquidation vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tera Ghost Maushold: 123-145 (42.5 - 50.1%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO

+1 252 Atk Technician Tera Ghost Maushold Population Bomb (10 hits) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Corviknight: 180-210 (45.1 - 52.6%) -- approx. 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 Atk Corviknight Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tera Ghost Maushold: 154-183 (53.2 - 63.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

These are the reasons that the sample set has Tera-Ghost for Maushold. You can actually break Dondozo and Corviknight, thanks to the recoil on Brave Bird.

Maushold is also fast, so you can encore Ogerpon and Manaphy into setup moves, providing additional utility. The most important thing to remember, though, is that being forced out immediately after using Tidy Up still means you cleared hazards, so you've still made progress even if you prefer to switch out and preserve the mice for later.

+1 Maushold is lethal and people frequently overlook just how threatening it is after a Tidy Up.

+1 252 Atk Technician Maushold Population Bomb (10 hits) vs. 244 HP / 252+ Def Gliscor: 330-390 (93.7 - 110.7%) -- approx. 50% chance to OHKO
0 Atk Gliscor Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Maushold: 138-163 (47.7 - 56.4%) -- 85.9% chance to 2HKO

+1 252 Atk Technician Maushold Bite vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gholdengo: 214-252 (67.9 - 80%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Gholdengo Make It Rain vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Maushold: 252-297 (87.1 - 102.7%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO

A healthy Gholdengo can switch in on the Tidy Up and force Maushold out, but you still got rid of the hazards, and it does mean that Ghold has to stay healthy.

252 Atk Technician Maushold Population Bomb (10 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Ogerpon-Wellspring: 400-480 (132.8 - 159.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252 Atk Technician Maushold Population Bomb (10 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Ogerpon-Cornerstone: 300-360 (99.6 - 119.6%) -- approx. 81.3% chance to OHKO

Being able to revenge kill Wellspring is nice, and none of the forms can switch in on the Tidy Up. 111 Speed is coming in clutch here.

252 Atk Technician Maushold Population Bomb (10 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Dondozo: 240-280 (47.6 - 55.5%) -- approx. 60.9% chance to 2HKO
0 Atk Dondozo Liquidation vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tera Ghost Maushold: 123-145 (42.5 - 50.1%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO

+1 252 Atk Technician Tera Ghost Maushold Population Bomb (10 hits) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Corviknight: 180-210 (45.1 - 52.6%) -- approx. 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 Atk Corviknight Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tera Ghost Maushold: 154-183 (53.2 - 63.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

These are the reasons that the sample set has Tera-Ghost for Maushold. You can actually break Dondozo and Corviknight, thanks to the recoil on Brave Bird.

Maushold is also fast, so you can encore Ogerpon and Manaphy into setup moves, providing additional utility. The most important thing to remember, though, is that being forced out immediately after using Tidy Up still means you cleared hazards, so you've still made progress even if you prefer to switch out and preserve the mice for later.
I like those calcs. Until we get up to the luck part. If only Pop Bomb had 91% accuracy…

what if the metagame adapts and we simply start seeing rocky helmet more often?

moushold will die if it uses population bomb on a rocky helmet user.
View attachment 562763
AHH YESSSS ROCKY HELMET OGERPON AND GLISCOR

Also the metagame where everybody has boots on 3 or more mons... yeah... no... thats why I said this. Helmet has a huge opportunity cost right now, and the mons that maushold does well on a basically item locked to wellspring mask and toxic orb. And dont even try to cope with helmet gambit. Thats not real...

I like those calcs. Until we get up to the luck part. If only Pop Bomb had 91% accuracy…
also ye ive only not gotten 10 hits once, and that time i got 3 hits T-T

ye also the ability to be the 2nd fastest encore (only valiant is faster) thats good in the tier, is amazing. 1 tidy up outspeeds +0 moon, but if they dd in front of you, they get ohkoed! its just a great mon, and easy to fit on teams, acting as a great anti-meta speed control!

Last edited:

Soiramio3000

Banned deucer.
AHH YESSSS ROCKY HELMET OGERPON AND GLISCOR

Also the metagame where everybody has boots on 3 or more mons... yeah... no... thats why I said this. Helmet has a huge opportunity cost right now, and the mons that maushold does well on a basically item locked to wellspring mask and toxic orb. And dont even try to cope with helmet gambit. Thats not real...
jeez, that was just a what if question, don't act as if I said that this would certainly happen.
anyway , I wasn't talking about ogerpon and gliscor, there are other pokemon that can afford to run this item.
just one careful switch and the maushold is finished.

EDIT: anyway, maushold has the downside of having pretty bad bulk, it can barely switch to anything especially if there are hazards on the field.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)