Metagame SV OU Metagame Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given how much Sun teams and Velocipastor are running around currently, it may not be apparent yet, but I think Hisuian Zoroark is everything the Unovan form wishes it was. Illusion+ Bitter Malice + Taunt + Wisp and a fill move are damn good for messing up someones game plan if your running more of a support set. Even if it is a one trick when they realize which mon it is mimicking, it's ability too come in and cripple a physical attacker at a moments notice is great. And that is BEFORE you even factor in it's immunities.

A support set of this mon may be extremely useful for specially bulky team. I could def see it carving out an OU niche because even if you know HZ is hiding in the back somewhere, you have to figure out if it's offensive or support, or a mix of both. Honestly I just think this thing is solid all around.

even if you know HZ is hiding in the back somewhere, you have to figure out if it's offensive or support, or a mix of both.
there's also the psychological aspect. if you see h-zoro at team preview, you cannot with confidence click a normal, fighting, or ghost move until the illusion is broken (unless you're flamigo)

Ghostspam with Band Pult + Specs HZ seems pretty fun, been trying it out and its been putting in work so far - though it is on low ladder (~1300s).

Paired it up with Slowking who also conveniently disrupts Torkoal's weather setting with Chilly Reception, and adds FSight support to really amp the pressure. Having to guess which mon is on the field is one thing, but paired with FuturePort it becomes a lot scarier.

Still stonewalled by Dark types (mostly Kingambit) but HZoroark does get Focus Blast, Trick or WoW to mess up what Gambit wants to do.

viivian

beep boop
is a Tiering Contributor
i've mostly been pairing hisuian zoroark with roaring moon and/or kingambit and i've found that they all cover each other quite well and they all help break past each other's checks. it's a really fun offensive core, especially with illusion mindgames and zoroark's many immunities thrown into the mix. mostly been using choiced sets for zoroark but a pivot set with HDB could also be super good, especially with how much freedom it has in its 4th slot (nasty plot, will-o-wisp, taunt, etc.). unfortunately, it's very frail, so it gets little opportunities to come in on any non-resisted hit, making it hard to bring in safely against most of the metagame. but besides that, i think it's overall a really solid pokemon and a massive step-up from its unovan form and i do expect it to see some results in the near future

iron leaves looks really great

SD sweeper with 130 atk 104 speed, good bulk, defensive typing to get off an sd and then it can tera fight CC

it has stab that beats both pex and tusk theoretically, and dozo is less relevant but not a full counter either bc grass stab

people are hype about wake but iron leaves looks like a very significant and consistent wincon
I swear i said this to some friends lol ppl are sleeping on it

As everyone has already found out, wake is disgusting. Already seeing agility sets come into play, tera types I've seen so far are electric, and fairy. Personally been carrying water but only used it once and it was for a mirror.

While everyone is terrified over Walking Wake (deservedly so), I think Iron Leaves has some potential to be a really solid anti meta pokemon, between the movepool, typing and stats. I've been experimenting with sub3attack variants, which are great at taking advantage of passive walls like Toxapex and Clodsire and also does well into RotomW. Even capable of setting up subs by forcing out mons like Great Tusk or Amoonguss, and it even offensively checks Breloom. Terastilize I think will let it circumvent the bad match ups it normally has against mons like Gholdengo and Corv.

I'm curious if anyone else has been playing around with it, and if so what have you been trying out on it?

While everyone is terrified over Walking Wake (deservedly so), I think Iron Leaves has some potential to be a really solid anti meta pokemon, between the movepool, typing and stats. I've been experimenting with sub3attack variants, which are great at taking advantage of passive walls like Toxapex and Clodsire and also does well into RotomW. Even capable of setting up subs by forcing out mons like Great Tusk or Amoonguss, and it even offensively checks Breloom. Terastilize I think will let it circumvent the bad match ups it normally has against mons like Gholdengo and Corv.

I'm curious if anyone else has been playing around with it, and if so what have you been trying out on it?
which 3 attacks do you run?

which 3 attacks do you run?
I like Leaf Blade, Psyblade and Tera Blast (fire). The Tera type in particular is nice as it grants it the ability to threaten corv and Gholdengo very well, especially when behind a sub, while the new typing grants it a nice defensive use against mons like Iron Valiant and even some variants of Volcarona (aka non tera ground variants). At least in my experiencs.

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Clodsire with Fairy Tera (Water Absorb) is a pretty solid check for the most part (for Walking Wake), but like Chien Pao I'm not going to continuously carry Tauros Paldea Fire if there are other better options even though I don't mind carrying Clodsire at all (preferably I would like to run unaware but this is fine).

WE MUST HAVE ACTION AGAINST CHRISTOPHER WALKING WAKE

1677555391087.png

YNM

formerly yNot Mence
is a Tiering Contributor
Alright, place your bets everyone. A week? Three days? One, dare we dream? How long does Walking Wake get to bend OU over a table for?
I'm gonna wait and see how it settles in the meta these next few days. I've managed to play around it with my teams, but it's too soon to say anything and this mon does feel pretty damn strong. If action needs to be taken I'd rather have a suspect test than a quickban though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)