Swagged up be Killing! (Houston Warstory)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"This happened six hours ago and I can't recall any of it." -JRank making fun of me. :P

Thank you!

I would like to start this warstory off with a big thank you section to those who've helped me along the way.

ZachDro- Got me the team I used and cheered me on the entire day. I'm glad you did so well at your regional and I can't wait to hang out at Nationals!
JRank- Stayed up till 1 AM with me the night before and traded me the team. I cannot wait for Nationals where we get some bro Oreo time.
Unreality- Being my cheerleading during the event.
Team #seniors- Always there for me when I need help with a team. Although I ended up not using any of the teams you guys helped me with I would like to thank you guys for everything you guys have done for me.

Intro

2011 was a great year to jump into VGC. It was easy to learn and making a stable basic team didn't take much effort. I had some very close calls in Dallas regional 2011, beating LPFan and his brother before finals, and ended up winning the whole thing. I went in expecting some fun and was astonished when I was in the finals. I had a lot of fun at Nationals and was perfectly satisfied with my 32nd place performance. 2012 is my last year and seniors and I'm ready to make my mark. I went in to Houston regional with one goal: my turf, my gold. Winning was the goal this year, and I fell short of my own expectations and my friends. I apologize for my derp but I will be at Nationals!

My team consisted of Hitmontop, Amoonguss, Tyranitar, Zapdos, Mamoswine, and Volcarona. This team has a weakness to BULKY WATERS which will explain some stuff later on. LOL Mamoswine didn't have any EVs. Hahahaha.

Pre-event

In the Houston event I said I was going to be wearing my jeans rolled-up and be swagged out. So I rolled 'em up and was big pimping and ready to roll! I showed up at about 7:10 or so and waited with my friend for some friendly faces. After waited a while I saw my Houston rival LPFan and we had a awkward bro-hug and chatted about or hopes for the tournament, and one thing was clear: Grubbs V. Lucien rematch in the finals. We vowed to do our best to make our dream a reality.

I get in line and notice Lolfailsnail behind me and we start talking. He had a cousin in Juniors using a Trick Room team and he was very confident he can do well! I get registered and all that jazz and wait to begin.

In between rounds and before it began Alaka waved at me a few times but I never approached him. Maybe next year when I'm a master.

The Tournament

Round 1:

His team: Thundurus / Braviary / Tyranitar (I think) / ???
My team: Hitmontop / Volcarona / Tyranitar / Zapdos

I don't remember too much, but I was really pushing to try to get a 4-0 and start the day off fresh. I remember Tyranitar ended the game with swag due to its Rock Slide. I win 4-0

Record: 1-0

I start the tournament off great and I inform Unreality, JRank, and ZachDro on my performance and they encourage me to do well and keep it up!

Round 2:

His team: Abamosnow / Rotom-W / Metagross? / Bisharp
My team: Hitmontop / Volcarona / Mamoswine / Zapdos

He quickly tells me how he heard from Smith and Tan, Tan got his team, that they told him that I was one to look out for. I was surprised that I was considered a threat in VGC.

The game appears to be in my favor. I can use Close Combat + Heat Wave to KO Rotom-W and Abamosnow. Sadly, this didn't happen.
His Abamosnow was Scarfed and got a clutch freeze on Hitmontop. Rotom-W is a threat to me and KOing it early would have made an easy game. Heat Wave KOs Abamosnow and does a little to Rotom-W. Rotom-W either protected or KOd Volcarona. I don't remember.
I need in Zapdos and he sends in Metagross. The details get fuzzy here. Metagross used Rock Slide and flinched Zapdos, which woulda KOd Rotom. Hitmontop died from Rotom. Not sure on Hitmontop dying... :/
It ends up being my 6 HP Mamoswine, my ~80 HP Zapdos against his >12% Bisharp. This turn was great for me. We all protect and Bisharp is faster than Mamo. I protect on Mamo the next turn and Zapdos gets the KO.

Record: 2-0

I was very nervous after that game. I still managed to get a win but I thought I was going to lose the game.

Round 3:

His team: Latios / Hitmontop? / Chandelure / Mienshao
My team: My team: Hitmontop / Volcarona / Mamoswine? / Zapdos

Lets see what I recall...
I end up with a Quiver Dance on Volcarona after T1 and it looks good for me! I then try to Bug Buzz Latios but he switches to Chande which takes like ~10%. Stuff happens. I think Volcarona died.
Sucker Punch the Chande and it has like ~40-45% left. Chande sets up TR.
Zapdos comes out and T-Bolts Chande. It has like 7 HP left! NO! HE SHOULD HAVE DIED! Chande uses Imprison!
Mamo comes out and so does Mienshao. No protect so Mamos sash is broken :/ Dat hax.

On the friggin Bulky Chande, someone calc this:
+1 Bug Buzz from Modest 252 SpA Volcarona
-1 Sucker Punch from Adamand 252 Atk Hitmontop
ThunderBolt from Modest 252 SpA Zapdos

Record: 2-1

I end up losing 2-0 and I'm pretty steamed. Chande should have died. Lolfailsnail lost this round too, I believe. Oh well. We'll finish it up strong! After that match I realize that if I had time stalled, I could have won. I make a mental note to do that from now on.

Round 4:

Her team: Rotom-W / Metagross / Cresselia / ???
My team: Hitmontop / Volcarona / Mamoswine / Zapdos

LPFan tells me that he almost lost to her due to her Cress. So I get kinda worried and I know I need to do some work here. She leads Rotom + Meta and I know I'm not gonna do too well. Her Rotom is Scarfed so it KOs Volcarona before I can smack Metagross. Hitmontop smacks Rotom-W and Metagross KOs with Zen Headbutt.
Send out Dat Swine and Dat Zapdos and get ready to rock. She withdraws Rotom for Cress and I Heat Wave to KO both. I think she tried to use MM? Not sure on that. :/
Mamo and Zapdos start grinding down on the two Pokemon and it ends up really close. I end up winning 2-0 with small amounts of hit points on both.

Record: 3-1

Round 5:

His team: Jumpluff / Garchomp / Gengar / ???
My team: Top / Moth / Dos / Swine

He's using an interesting team. The goal is to set-up using Sleep Powder with Jumpluff and then attack from there.
I don't remember much but I remember Sleep Powder hitting 4 times in a row without missing and Focus Blast hitting. I won 2-0 I think.

Record: 4-1

Round 6:

His team: Politoed / Ludicolo / Toxicroak / Metagross
My team: Hitmontop / Zapdos / Tyranitar / Amoonguss

Basic rain team and I'm not worried. I set out the leads and get a good advantage taking out Politoed t1 and taking 0 damage. Zapdos gets Ludicolo and Tyranitar flinches Toxicroak a few times, but it didn't matter. I 4-0 him.

Record: 5-1

I'm looking good and the person I lost to is 5-1 too. The chance of me getting T4 is looking good! I look at my opponent and its a familiar name, and he wasn't excited to battle me.

Round 7:
His team: Thundurus / Landorus / Heatran / Conkeldurr
My team: Hitmontop / Volcarona / Mamoswine / Amoonguss

I picked Amoonguss because he had Golduck and Gastrodon so I was worried i couldn't kill them without Amoonguss. Bad choice.

T1 worked for me. I get a FO on Thundurus and Lando and Moth protect. T2 I wide guard and Heat Wave. He uses HP Flying on Top and it KOs. (Modest nature) Lando uses EQ (?????) Heat Wave MISSES Thundurus (bites me in the butt later) and brings Lando down to half. I send Mamo out. Mamo uses Ice Shard and it KOs Lando. Dunno what Moth did. He sends out Heatran w/ an Air Balloon. I protect Mamo and use Bug Buzz on Heatran to pop balloon. I think Thundurus protected? I EQ to KO Heatran. Thundurus KOd Moth. Conkeldurr and Amoonguss come out. It gets hazy here. It ended up Conkeldurr SHOULD be doing 80 damage for a 3HKO and then I Chesto Rest up to full health and win. But nope. He gets a maximum damage roll and I lose.

The damage roll wouldn't have mattered if Heat Wave had hit Thundurus. I'm kinda complaining but this one is a legit lose due to hax.

Props and Slops​

Slops:
-Me for only going 5-2 :/
-Not playing any smogoners
-Not having rematch w/ Grubbs
-Hax!

Props:
-Not playing any smogoners
-Grubbs winning it
-Smogoners doing well

If you made it all the way through this thank you for reading. Regionals was a lot of fun for me even though I didn't do as well as I wanted to. I'll get 'em at Nats!

"This happened six hours ago and I can't recall any of it."
Best summary quote ever.

You did fine haha, you had a lot less time to practice with the team than most of us that used it did. It is really hard trying to understand the concept when it's basically months worth of work into tweaking and calcing and stuff that you haven't even done. 5-2 is a really good result for what you had on hand.

I'll definitely see you at nats :O probably will be down the hall from you and Jrankurusu considering he's also at the Crowne Plaza.

Good job! It was cool meeting you there! You matches were pretty cool, sucks about that hax though. I hope to see you at nats!

He quickly tells me how he heard from Smith and Tan, Tan got his team, that they told him that I was one to look out for. I was surprised that I was considered a threat in VGC.
ahahaha the kid you played was Tan's cousin and woke up at around 4 to come to the event and didn't have a team at all, so Tan made a copy of his own team and gave it to him. We spent a long time telling him how to play it and what to use ("If you see hitmontop, don't lead with physical attackers; if you see weather, bring Abomasnow in the back; if you see TR, use Chandelure" etc.) In between rounds he was showing us battle logs and we told him you were the guy to watch out for at seniors so we were pretty surprised when he told us he got you Round 2. He showed us the battle, he used Discharge > Hydro Pump at one point because he forgot Mamoswine was Ground type XD

Oh yeah! Then he was like, "Well that didn't do anything..."

I was really worried that I was gonna lose it after the t1 Freeze but I got bs hax back when he exploded on Metagross and Mamo avoided due to Snow Cloak.

#swag.

Dun worry you guys, I'll do my best at Nationals!

Oh yeah! Then he was like, "Well that didn't do anything..."

I was really worried that I was gonna lose it after the t1 Freeze but I got bs hax back when he exploded on Metagross and Mamo avoided due to Snow Cloak.

#swag.

Dun worry you guys, I'll do my best at Nationals!
Haha glad you had fun. I think you mean Landorus instead of metagross because that team never had one.. Good luck at nationals

Probably. Has I said, "This all happened 6 hours ago and I can't recall any of it."

Next year I'll have to associate more with the masters!

Doing my warstory scans, as 1 isn't showing up every 5 seconds. It was fun reading this, and remembering what happened a week ago. Honestly, I can't remember most of it either. See you at Nationals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)