Sweeping and Bulk

Hello,I am Prie and this is my first UU team. I am sorry I have no pictures as I don't know how to do that. Thank you for listening to my long intro. So, let's get started! One more thing, edits will be in bold.

Jolteon (Denchura) (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- X-Scissor
- Poison Jab
- Thunder
- Sucker Punch
Jolteon has swept most teams. Jolteon plays a big role, he tries to take down the lead that sets up Entry Hazards and kills any other opposing threat. Using Volt Change for Jolteon isn't very useful. So that is the reason I want to change it. HP Rock, Electric Ball and Bug Buzz are very useful for killing Zapdos and Zoroark

Pilot (Sandslash) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 128 Atk / 252 Def / 128 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
Pilot sets up rocks and spins them away if Jolteon doesn't kill the lead. Pilot is usually one of my last Pokemon standing. Pilot doesn't have any HP investment which worries me alot. Any water type can easily take him out. Kyurems and Torterras can easily take him out, too.

Geico (Sceptile) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Atk / 64 Spd
Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)
- Leech Seed
- Return
- Leaf Blade
- Earthquake
Wanna save 15% on car insurance? Ask Sceptile. Geico sets up the Leech Seed and just attacks. He has OK coverage, not the best but like I said OK coverage. He doesn't have any Defense or Sp. Defense which worries me. He kills the water types that Sandslash can't take.

OU (Arcanine) (F) @ Balloon
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd/ 4 HP
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- ExtremeSpeed
- Crunch
OU has almost exactly the same job as Jolteon, but she doesn't. OU takes out anything in her path. Sending out a Starmie? No problem. She has unbelievable coverage, having some bulk really helps her. Evolite Pokemon can't take that much from her. Having new metagame Pokemon I don't know what to expect.

Rival (Golduck) (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Cloud Nine
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Signal Beam
- Surf
- Psychic
Rival is a succesful sweeper, just like Jolteon, except he has a sliver of bulk. He kills opposing threats like Sandslash, Victini, Charizard and Xatu. He has one of the main roles. He struggles to beat Pokemon that have bulk and Defense investments.

Spazzy (Hitmonchan) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch?
- ThunderPunch
- Drain Punch?
Spazzy ties up any remaining weaknesses and takes out things that can sweep the team, for example Milotic and Kyurem. He can outspeed most things a regular Hitmonchan can't outspeed. He has the main role. having the Sp. Def. investment really helps.

And with that that is the end of my team! Don't be afraid to rate it or hate it, just give your honest opinion.

Ok.
Jolteon: Compoundeyes is useless with all 100% accurate moves. A Jolly nature would be better with no physical moves. Maybe try Thunder? Otherwise, well put together.
Pilot: Why Relaxed? Why not Impish, unless you use Gyro Ball. Pretty good for a Sandslash.
Geico: Dragon Claw and Aerial Ace can be dropped for better stuff, like maybe Leaf Blade? Just saying. Mediocre at best.
OU: If you're worried about Starmie, go with Crunch instead. The Def. and Sp. Def. boosts are almost useless, as a Starmie would outspeed you easily. Well done, other than the EVs.
Rival: Just use Modest. Please. If you want bulk, that's what you need to do. Pretty good otherwise. If you do singles, use Surf maybe?
Spazzy: Well done. A very good set here. I can't see anything to change.

I'm new to reviewing, but I'm sure any criticism is valued.

You put pictures in your posts by bringing up a seperate window, right clicking the pic you need, press copy, then pull up this window, right click the spot you want to put your picture in, then press paste. TA DAAAA!!!!!!

Denchura: I don't know why you would run a choice scarf on him if he isn't slow, and I don't know why you would run physical moves on it if it's better off as a special attacker. I would suggest Compound Eyes with Thunder/Bug Buzz/Energy Ball/HP Something. If you don't want HP, you can have sucker punch to kill focus sashers. Give it life orb for an extra power boost, or focus sash if you want it to survive attacks

Sandslash: I suggest Donphan over Sandslash, who can perform the exact same role as Sandslash, but with higher HP, Defense, Attack, and has a more useful ability in Sturdy. It can also use Ice Shard for those dragons...

Sceptile: Well, I would run substitute over return so it can be a fast subseeder, which would be really annoying to take out, but that's up to you. Giga drain can also help, which runs off of Sceptile's much higher special attack stat, and has an added boost this gen.

Arcanine: It looks good. Except I would replace Crunch with Wild Charge, but that's up to you.

Golduck: I have no idea why you would use this, when there are so many other better water types out there. As a wall, I would suggest milotic, with Recover/Scald/Dragon Tail/Toxic. If you want a sweeper, I suggest Azelf (not water, but still...), who has much higher speed and special attack, as well as a usable physical attack. You can run Nasty Plot/Psychic/Grass Knot/Flamethrower or any other filler move really.

Hitmonchan: I don't know why you would run this over any other fighting type. I suggest scarf heracross over this. Scarf lets you have a reliable revenge killer, and Megahorn/Close Combat/Stone Edge leaves a huge dent in anything really. Guts just makes things better when you switch into a WoW or Toxic. (Just so you know, a STAB Megahorn/CC does more damage than a SE thunderpunch). The last move can be filler like Pursuit or Night Slash (but not earthquake), whatever your preference is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)