Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off

CB azumarill there to pressure a lot of common cap mons like tomohawk and colossoil. It also does fantastic work at weakening or flat out ko'ing pokemon that may prove to be a problem for aurumoth to set up on and kill, such as clefable or chansey.

Aurumoth @ Life Orb
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 24 HP / 252 SpA / 232 Spe
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Psychic
- Overheat
- Quiver Dance

Aurumoth really benefits from pretending to be heatran as it can lure fighting types as they attempt to damage it with it's powerfull fighting stab, it also makes steel types scared to be an initial switch-in. Alternatively you can use ice beam over overheat to pressure mons like cyclohm for your talonflame. It also pressures switchins to azu such as venusaur, mollux and plasmanta.

Colossoil @ Assault Vest
Ability: Rebound
EVs: 252 Atk / 36 Def / 220 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
- Sucker Punch

Colossoil is nice to provide hazard removal for our sweepers. It also provides nice priority, that once combined with azus aqua jet kills cawmodore if you need it too. It's ability rebound paired with volt-switching rotom provides nice momentum for the team and can give you nice sweeping opportunities with other mons. Generally this is here to support our mons and make it easier for them too sweep such as pressuring cyclohm or opposing heatrans for talon.

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Talonflame benefits from the Colossoil + Rotom momentum and allows you to get into very opportunistic situations where you either get a kill or set up. Prediciting switches into mons like tomohawk can allow you to get a lot of momentum. 192 speed evs to outspeed cawmodore and revenge kill if need be.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Rotom is your defensive answer to cawmodore and also provides a nice pivot which effectively gives your talon momentum too sweep teams. Rotom effectively provides a nice answer to sand sweeper excadrill and Sword Polish lando. Rotom also can also burn common walls such as cyclohm although it has heal bell it means you get a turn to get momentum and switch into colossoil.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 192 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

This defensively gives you an answer to grass types such as mega venu or serperior. Taunt provides a nice way to prevent manaphy from switching in and then setting up on your heatran. Toxic provides a way to put tomohawk on a "timer" as well as forcing pokemon like chansey or cyclohm to take a turn to heal away the status. 192 spdef lives hydro pump from + 1 aurumoth. Stealth rock allows you to really pressure switch-ins you will be forcing with your Azu+Aurumoth+colossoil core.

This is my first RMT sorry if it doesn't have enough detail lol

Unfortunately, I don't have the time to look through this properly at the moment, but just having a look through there are a few recommendation I'd like to make.

1) Itemless Acrobatics Talonflame
Your team is quite weak to Colossoil, with Rotom-W being the only real check to it. Rotom-W can be worn down, particularly if it loses its Leftovers to Knock Off Colossoil, so it's probably a good idea to have another soft check. Ideally, I like my teams to be better against such a common threat as Colo, but my current favourite team runs only Rotom-W and itemless SD Talon as the Colo checks, so it is by no means an impossibility to check Colo with only these two.

Acro is a little weaker, which is annoying, but the upside is that Talonflame has to worry less about recoil damage, which is particularly useful, since Talonflame is your main Cawm check (Cawm can evade Aqua Jet + Sucker Punch combo with Bullet Punch, while Rotom-W has to rely on either Hydro Miss or Will-O-Wisp. Cawm can sweep through burns at times, while both moves have questionable accuracy. I believe Cawm 2HKOs Rotom too.).

2) Bulldoze Azumarril
This is really just a personal preference as much as anything else. I like to use Bulldoze to catch out Pokemon such as Mollux and Plasmanta which like to switch into Azu, but Knock Off is also a good option.

3) 8 Speed Rotom-W
Allows it to outspeed Jolly Crawdaunt and more importantly, other Rotom-W. Always nice to have a little speed creep against other Rotoms IMO, but again this is a personal preference.

cbrevan

spin, spin, spin
is a CAP Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Bulldoze is a worthless move to be locked into in the majority of situations and is only useful for luring in and removing Mollux and Plasmanta, which are already covered well between Colossoil, Aurumoth, and Heatran. Knock Off is a much better option on CB Azumarill, especially when the team already has multiple checks to both.

You might as well run max speed on Aurumoth to at least speed tie other Aurumoth.

snake

is a Community Leaderis a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
May I suggest Magma Storm on Heatran over Lava Plume? It helps to stallbreak, but I also see the handy burn chance in Lava Plume.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)