ORAS OU Switch, Switch and Switch- A VoltTurn Team

This is my first RMT, so I decided to make a team based around the volt-turn core of Landorus-T and Mega-Manetric. After some testing, I have found it to be quite good.

• To start off, I used the Volt-Turn core of Landorus-T and Mega-Man

• As there would be switching involved in this team, hazard control would be needed. I decided to use Defog Scizor, as it also gets U-Turn, and priority to deal damage.

• I then added Chansey so I would have a wall so I could use it as a switch in. It can also cripple Pokemon with Thunder Wave

• Sharp Beak Talonflame was added so that it could be used as a late game sweeper, and can also be used to dent walls with Brave Bird

• For the last slot, I was stuck between Tail Glow and 3 attacks Manaphy and Scarf Keldeo. Manaphy would give me good raw power, however after testing I decided to use Scarf Keldeo for the speed and the fact that it didn't need to set up.
The Team Members:

Landorus-Therian @ Earth Plate

Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Landorus-T is amazing. It's Attack stat means that it can use really powerful Earthquakes, so I gave it an Earth Plate so they get more powerful, along with it being a STAB move. Stealth Rock is used so hazard damage is dealt, which can sometimes make a 2HKO go to an OHKO. Stone Edge is used to give Landorus-T EdgeQuake coverage. Originally a 252 HP/ 252 Atk Adamant spread was used, but I changed it to what it is now for the extra speed.

-->
(As the Shiny is cooler!)
Manectric-Mega @ Manectite

Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

MegaMan goes so well with Landorus-T for an offensive Volt-Turn core, which was the reason why I made this team! They both have Intimidate, so they can stop non-setup physical attackers. I used the standard M-Man set, Volt Switch for the, um, switching. Thunderbolt is used for STAB to get off good neutral damage, if my two coverage moves cannot deal SE damage. Overheat is used over Flamethrower for more raw power, and that I will probably be switching out. Hidden Power Ice is used for coverage against Dragon and Ground Types, so they don't completely wall me.

Scizor @ Leftovers

Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost
- Bullet Punch

Scizor is used as hazard control and also a physical wall, which is why it has a fully Defensive spread. This is used over Skarmory for two main reason, one it has U-turn, and two it has Bullet Punch as priority so it can pick off opposing Pokemon. Defog is used so it can remove hazards from my side of the field, however this has the downside of removing rocks from their side, which is why I try to Landorus-T alive, whilst killing their hazard setter(s).

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Soft-Boiled
- Heal Bell
- Thunder Wave
- Seismic Toss

I chose to use Chansey as a 'mixed' wall instead of it being purely specially defensive, so it is invested in both Defense and Special Defense. Chansey doesn't really need HP investment as it still has a massive HP stat without any. Softboiled is used as a way to recover health, as it hold Eviolite for EVEN MORE defensive investment. Heal Bell is used for healing my entire team at once, which is really useful mid/late game. Thunder Wave stops speedy attackers at once, and Seismic Toss doesn't make Chansey Taunt-bait, and allows it to nab some kills. All in all, this makes Chansey very useful for my team.

MOAR (Talonflame) @ Sharp Beak

Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Roost

Talonnukeflame is useful for a lot of teams, mainly becuase it can use a boosted Brave Bird priority to clean up endgame, and also do damage midgame. I chose to use Sharp Beak Talonflame over the other varieties (SD, Bulk-Up, LO, WoW, CB and Acrobatics) as I find it to be the best one to use or a VoltTurn team as I can still hit hard, be able to do it off the bat, not take LO damage and also use U-turn to switch out. Brave Bird is self-explanatory, Flare Blitz is used as STAB, U-turn is used for a speedy switch out, and Roost is used to heal off damage. The EV spread is so Talonflame can outspeed the majority of the ladder, deal a lot of damage. 4 Def is used instead of 4 HP so it gets a Stealth Rock number, so it takes less percentage than 4 HP Talonflame.

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Scarf Keldeo was a replacement to Manaphy as it had more speed and did more immediate damage than Manaphy, which I find better. Scarf is used over Specs for more speed, as you've gotta go fast! Hydro Pump is used if more power is needed and if i'm feeling lucky. Scald is used as it is more accurate and can burn 3/10 times, making it quite spammable. Secret Sword is used as STAB and also stops Chansey as it targets physical defense. Icy Wind is used as coverage agaisnt Dragon types.
Landorus-Therian @ Earth Plate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost
- Bullet Punch

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Soft-Boiled
- Heal Bell
- Thunder Wave
- Seismic Toss

MOAR (Talonflame) @ Sharp Beak
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Roost

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Thank you for reading, please rate and suggest any improvements!

Lord Wallace

Hentai Connoiseur
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Alright I've got a few things to say about this.

First off, I really don't agree with Chansey on such an offensive team, it's really just there to suck momentum away and be set up fodder, it's not a good fit for this team at all. If you want a check for powerful special attackers such as Landorus-I and Zard Y with access to recovery, I'd look at a Latias instead. Latias also helps your not so good match up against Rotom-W and opposing Keldeo and gives you a more reliable Defog user for Talonflame, that way you can run a better Scizor set or replace it entirely, since you're using VoltTurn a Spikes Ferro wouldn't be a bad idea as a replacement to do even more residual damage while still having a solid Lati switch in. I'll leave that one up to you though.

Your Talonflame set looks pretty subpar as it is, the Nature and EVs are outdated and other sets do so much more in this meta.
I get that you're running a team benefiting from VoltTurn but that doesn't mean every Pokemon needs to have U-turn or Volt Switch, in fact, Lando-T and Manectric are really all you need, the rest of the team should be dedicated to taking advantage of what the VoltTurn core is weathering down for them, and an excellent option for that is SD Talonflame over your current one with a more efficient spread.

Lastly, your team is super weak to Bisharp and my changes haven't done much to address that so far. Your stall match up doesn't look great either. A small measure you can take to better defend yourself against Bisharp is to use SubCM Keldeo with Leftovers, that way your only Bisharp switch in won't be worn down as easily throughout the match and its a better set vs defensive teams, you aren't lacking in tools to use against offense since you have Double Intimidate, Talonflame, and Mega Manectric, so you won't miss the Scarf if you choose to heed this suggestion.

Overall though cool team and I hope I helped!

Sets:

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Keldeo @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Scald

Talonflame
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)