Sword & Shield **Official news only** DLC Crown Tundra 22nd October

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I forgot too didn't bother with it and still got the rewards.
Not like you missed anything, it was just Cramorant which my Toxtricity could has solo'ed... without Dynamaxing... and only come out with a few scratches (no joke, even when Cramorant had its barriers up my Toxtricity still did like 1/8th of its HP; both of the Cramorants I joined in on were defeated without fully depleting its second pair of barriers). It was rather pathetic.

And it didn't have to be. Say, remember when we had the event where we faced Max Raids Zeraora? It took some strategy but people were able to defeat them eventually with no problem. So, why did they use Cramorant when they could have used Zarude being this was an event that tied in the English release of its movie? Just don't give it Rock Slide, Rock Tomb, or Acrobatics and I think it would have been a fine challenge (aka use a Bug-type).

Another thing about the Cramorant event; contrary to what was previously reported, there was no Level 100 Cramorant. I could tell from checking the event data on Serebii and from personal experience. Chances are, there was a mistranslation. And yeah, we could have used another Zarude distribution to make up for the one a few months ago that got badly botched...

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Another thing about the Cramorant event; contrary to what was previously reported, there was no Level 100 Cramorant. I could tell from checking the event data on Serebii and from personal experience. Chances are, there was a mistranslation. And yeah, we could have used another Zarude distribution to make up for the one a few months ago that got badly botched...
Well the "big thing" was that there was a chance of getting a Shiny Cramorant.

As for another Zarude distribution, well, we're having the 25th Anniversary part happening soon so hopefully that comes with a batch of Mythical distributions.

I'm wondering if they will have a special max raid event on/around Pokemon Day. Last year they had that Mewtwo event, so I'm guessing they will do something in-game.

Speaking of mythical distribution, I noticed on the 25th anniversary website they are celebrating a different region each month starting with Galar in March, going backwards by generation (so Alola in April, Kalos in May, etc) ending with Kanto in October. I'm hoping that they distribute each regions mythicals in that corresponding month and add the missing ones to Sw/Sh as they go. I don't know how likely it is or not, but would be cool.

Speaking of anniversaries and news, there's a big Nintendo Direct tonight (in about 10 hours) regarding "current and upcoming" games.

I do wonder if we're going to hear anything Pokemon related as well. Not necessarly about mainline, but for example the new Snap or even Unite.
Unite probably not, but Snap probably.

I dunno about anything else, I kind of feel like TPCi wants to shove those for the end of the month.

Zetalz

Expect nothing, deliver less
is a Pre-Contributor
Nah, it’ll be Calyrex and it’s steeds.
lol as much as I'd love that for how hilarious it would be, unfortunately, the most likely candidate is gonna be Greninja 2: Fire Bunny Boogaloo. Urshifu or even Toxtricity would be cooler picks tho, so here's hopin.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Personally I'm most looking forward to Urshifu being announced for Smash
Nah, it’ll be Calyrex and it’s steeds.
lol as much as I'd love that for how hilarious it would be, unfortunately, the most likely candidate is gonna be Greninja 2: Fire Bunny Boogaloo. Urshifu or even Toxtricity would be cooler picks tho, so here's hopin.

No, Urshifu would never make into Smash. Unseen Fist bypasses Shields, and Wicked Blow and Surging Strikes always inflicts critical hits. They would been deemed new Bayonetta/Meta Knight and banned instantly.

Last edited:
No, Urshifu would never make into Smash. Unseen Fist bypasses Shields, and Wicked Blow and Surging Strikes always inflicts critical fits. They would been deemed new Bayonetta/Meta Knight and banned instantly.
You're probably be joking but they would likely implement shield bypass to just a specific move or some other mechanic and Wicked Blow/Surging Strikes would just be a high launch special move

No, Urshifu would never make into Smash. Unseen Fist bypasses Shields, and Wicked Blow and Surging Strikes always inflicts critical fits. They would been deemed new Bayonetta/Meta Knight and banned instantly.
Allow me to introduce you to the Luminary...

If they wanted to implement a broken Urshifu who can bypass shields, they would. I can guarantee you it'd still sell, because the amount of Smash casual players is way bigger than the ones that partecipate to official tournaments :P

Allow me to introduce you to the Luminary...

If they wanted to implement a broken Urshifu who can bypass shields, they would. I can guarantee you it'd still sell, because the amount of Smash casual players is way bigger than the ones that partecipate to official tournaments :P
Would they though? Sakurai has been trying to balance the characters via Elite Smash. I don't think he'd intentionally make a broken character. I always thought the Hero was overhyped and people were just over reacting. I don't believe he's banned from tourneys though.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
That was such a sick Pokémon reveal, wow! I'm not over how awesome that was!! :v4::v4::v4:
Blades are sort of like Pokemon:
  • You use a spherical object to obtain them.
  • Most you get are commons. On top of that even if you get a common of the same surface traits they'll have different background/hidden traits to give the illusion each is unique.
  • The rare ones have a lower chance of getting without using a lot of the previous mentioned spherical objects (and you have better kinds of the spherical objects which improves the odd of getting the rare ones).
  • Them being rare doesn't prevent some being trash which you end up shoving deep in your reserves to never see the light of combat.
I would go on but I made the joke I wanted to make so I'll stop there.

(Hey, my original joke was that I was going to pretend Pyra & Mythra were a humanoid Morpeko who Types they changed, though I couldn't think what Type Mythra would be (Fighting?) so went with the above instead. Honestly think the joke I went with is better)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)