ORAS OU Sylveon Calm as a mofo HO

So i Decided to build a team around sylveon now i know what you are all thinking, it's so un-meta like..........Well to be honest we need more sets to be used so here we are,

Sylveon:

So i decided to build the team around sylveon because when i first got x i wanted a sylveon so bad lol.

Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind (setup)
- Hyper Voice bcus Stab but may want to change my oves up a bit
- Wish (for just in case i need to setup up 2 or 3 calm minds)
- Protect (obviously scouting and wish lol)

Magnezone:

Idea behind magnezone plain and simple, to magnet pull steel types and stop threats to sylveon......Running a common set Scarf Zone:

Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon

Landorus-T:

I know, Two choice scarfs is stupid but its the most reliable for raw atk damage and it dodges Eqs,maybe switch to yache berry if scarf is too much but atm keep it like this. now the reason for lando is steel types and fire types that threaten magnezone and i can volt-switch and u-turn for momentum.

Also intimidate, what else to say.

Earthquake for steel mons that destroy magnezone, i brought rockslide instead of stone edge just for accuracy and just for them frail birds (talonlame i'm looking at you lol jks), knock off to rid me of pesky items and u turn for momentum.

Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rockslide
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Starmie:

Now i had a solid volt and u-turn, i need something for conk P-Jab, Gengar, Scolipede, Mega Venasaur. I decided to go with psyshock for AV conk, which in turn also hits Gengar, scolipede and Mega-V but i still wanted something for gengar in case it outsped me but i will come back to that.
I also put ice beam for the one and only celebi and other annoying grass mons that thought they might get the drop on me. Lastly i thought i want to spin so rapid Spin was used as my last move slot.

Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Garchomp:

Now i need someone to set up hazard s and i thought i could always lead fake the rocks and eq something as well, so i thought to use garchomp. I put on iron head bcaus i dont want to risk fairy but i dont want to run poison jab as it has too many resists.
Went Outrage over D-claw for stab-damage and decided to run lum berry in case someone like rotom or M-Sab wants to burn me.

Lum Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Iron Head

Mega-Lopunny:

Now i realised i needed a mega and some heavy pressure, so i chose Mega-Lopunny. I chose this set just for pure power and to take out as many mons that are leftover as possible as well as a fill in for a mega. Fake out for pressure and chip, High jump kick for them steel types over drain punch and return for them birds spam. Decided quick attack for some initiative and kill mons who are very low.

Lopunnite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Quick Attack
- Return

I made this thread like this so for people who say "include a import", No not until i get some feedback and this team is worthy of an importable version.

Also please note i wanna make this team go far so will be taking critics very openly and suggestions will be taken and most probably implemented.

Edit:

Garchomp has been changed to :

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Switched Starmie For Latias:

Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost / Healing Wish

Also put some speed investment into sylveon:

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Protect

Any teambuilding advice will be appreciated and as you see i have already implemented some of it......

Last edited:

bobochan

slow mo my bobo
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Some minor things to consider:
Stone Edge -> Rock Slide
Rock Slide on Landorus-T misses out OHKO against Thundurus which is kinda important on a Scarf set so you can KO before it can retaliate with HP Ice.
Stone Edge also has that nice chance to crit so you might get lucky even after Landorus-T gets burned.
Swords Dance -> Iron Head
I would strongly recommend replacing Iron Head with Swords Dance on Garchomp. It wouldn't be hitting anything significant except to hit Togekiss but Garchomp gets walled by it anyway.
Neutral STAB Earthquake hits 150 BP while a Super Effective Iron head only reaches 160 BP.
Thanks to the Lum Berry you can possibly get a Swords Dance boost on things like Rotom-W and Sableye without fearing burn.
Ice Punch -> Quick Attack
Lastly, Ice Punch over Quick Attack on Lopunny since bulky Ground-types like Tank Chomp and Landorus-T are a common switch in for Lopunny and it's always nice to hit them with Ice Punch on the switch.
If you wish to keep Quick Attack you can try Power-Up Punch over Fake Out as Quick Attack is rather weak without any boosts.

Snou

the grand master of all the things bad!
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Hi Joshiee_boy ! Really nice team you have here :] But I see a lot of fixes. bobochan already suggested you some changes (SD>Head on chomp, Ice Punch > Quick attack on Punny and SE > RSlide on Lando) but I think your team needs other changes to work better!

>
Even if Magnezone helps Sylveon trapping steel mons, you are 6-0ed by Mega Manectric. You can just rkill it with Landorus-T. Sylveon is also Gengar Weak and once again you're missing a decent switch in on it. So definitively I suggest you to try this change. There are a lot of ways to easily defeat steels. One of this can be your Starmie.

Raikou @ Assault Vest
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
IVs: 30 HP / 30 Def
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Signal Beam

The only reason to run Offensive Starmie is Analytic and you have Natural Cure. So I think you should fix it :] As I was saying first, Starmie can be an amazing baitkill for pokèmons like Ferrothorn. Since Ferrothorn is often a switch in on Starmie, what about to change one between Psyshock and Ice Beam (maybe Psyshock) in Hidden Power Fire? :]

This is an important point. Offensive chomp in this metagame is really effective, but this team needs bulkyness since it's frail. Just look what a simple Mega Lopunny with Ice Punch can do to your team. Or Metagross. Or Azumarill. Garchomp can't be considered a counter of all this mons, but the secondary damage definivitely helps you trying to stop these. Also, if you're replacing Magnezone with Raikou, then you really need Fire Blast on Garchomp in order to defeat Scizor etc.

Garchomp (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 240 HP / 168 Def / 100 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

Just run 8 evs in speed on Sylveon. If you lose 8 evs in hp or def, that's not drama. But when you only need 1-2 points to outspeed other Sylveon and Clefable well, I think you can do a little efford and change them :]

Hope I helped you :]

To further Snow's point, Hydro Pump > Scald on offensive Starmie.

I would also go with everything Snow and Bobochan suggested.

No it wouldn't be Hyper Offensive. Hyper offense requires a dick load of unrelenting force to keep your opponent pressured. But applying the changes would make the team a slight bit more offensive, but it's worth it as it would no longer be diddled by Mega Manectric.
Snow would the team still be hyper offensive if i changed the mons ?

Hi Joshiee_boy, cool team. I have a couple of suggestions just to make your team a little more solid, as you said Electrics are kinda threatening, and honestly Assault Vest Raikou is meh, it takes momentum thanks to volturn moves and at the same time it takes hit decently, but it doesn't have any kind of recovery. I'd like to keep the idea of the build, keeping Sylveon + Magnezone, which helps against steel types and my first change is Latias over Starmie. Starmie with that set is kinda useless, you should run Analytic over Natural Cure if you want to keep that 'mon. Latias has the same role of your old spinner, giving you hazard control and most importantly electrics checks, beeing able to check pretty well most of electrics having good recovery moves. You could also consider Latios, but I prefered Latias because it is bulkier against those 'mons, but if you want some offensive momentum go for Latios. The secondary fix is to change Chomp's set, how someone mentioned above, because the team seems to be a little Bisharp weak, and Lum Berry Chomp is not that bulky and able to take hits from that 'mon, also, I'd like to have something with Mega Lopunny, keeping it as healthy as possible.
And now only Azumarill and some fairies seem to threat the team, it's an HO, you don't have to take hits, but focus on what's is the smart choice to take and what 'mon to sack. Anyway if you lack of ways to hit fat 'mons like Hippowdon you could consider Toxic on Chomp.

Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost / Healing Wish

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Toxic / Fire Blast

I hope it helps, gl.

Just realised that sylveon is getting destroyed, i feel as the team is too focused on lopunny now, i really cant tell this so little i want to focus around calm syl

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)