tabar93 rmt (fourth gen)

Hey guys :) i'm completely new to competitive pokemon and have just made my first legitimate competitive team. I have tested it out on pokelab (which was really fun) for about fifty games and realized a couple weaknesses, which I have tried to work out but am having difficulty with. first and foremost my only possible answer to Starmie is explosion/toxic stall. it basically has its way with my when i face it. another problem i have is against stat uppers. I know that's really noob-ish but whatever haha. i spent a lot of time on the team so I don't want it overly changed but anyways...

Gliscor leftovers
252 hp 252 speed 4 def
stealth rock
eq
roost
taunt

This guy is straight forward. taunt is one of my favorite moves because i love have the entry hazard advantage. The team is a stall team so he's actually really useful. He's also one of many pokes on my team who fan take fighting moves like a champ and keep Blissey alive.

Tentacruel leftovers
252 hp 120 defense 136 sp defense
Toxic spikes
rapid spin
surf
hp electric

T-spikes are vital on pretty much any stall team :) he's also more or less my answer to Gyarados since from what I've experienced he can take a +2 waterfall and hp electric back for a 2 hit KO. i know its not the best counter but it's there. the rapid support is pretty important too as i switch A LOT.

Forretress leftovers
252 hp 112 att 144 def
spikes
rapid spin
gyro ball
explosion

this guy is awesome. he is my strongest physical wall. although he doesn't have any recovery i haven't really had trouble passing wishes onto him I've had battles where he's gotten 6 or 7 lives thanks to wish passing. I know two spinners seems like overkill but unfortunately neither of my spinners have recovery. I originally had toxic spikes instead of rapid spin but this was working better. i was also thinking of putting the attack evs into sp def because i dont really see the point in him having any attacking potential and the sp def evs help soften my mispredicions.

Dusknoir leftovers
252 hp 252 def 4 sp def
Pain split
gravity
eq
ice punch

somehow Dusknoir manages to take out almost all my opponent's dragon and steel types. enemy salamences for some reason dont predict the ice punch and the gravity eq combo hits every steel in the game. gravity was initially put on to toxic spikes my opponent's flyers but its serving me really well for giving dusknoir and gliscor better offensive production. between him and blissey my opponents get really frustrated.

Blissey leftovers
252 hp 252 def 4 speed
wish
protect
heal bell
flamethrower

Blissey is not only the pivot of my team, but also usually the last team member to die. it gives tentacruel and forretress so many lives it's ridiculous, and it always helps to sponge hits. I dont have trouble finding opportunities to bring it in and pass wishes. its also gotten a few kills when i predict scizors coming in via flamethrower.

Gyarados leftovers
248 hp 252 def 8 speed
waterfall
sleeptalk
rest
dragon dance

this guy without doubt my unquestioned mvp. stall teams create a lot of situations where setting up is viable. especially with opponents shooting fighting moves at blissey. gyara laughs at intimidated, resisted physical fighting moves, forces a switch and gets dragon dance. if starmie didnt exist i would have gotten a lot more 6-0s with him. opponents burn/ toxic stall/paralyze him thinking themselves victorious only to have me rest and sweep with a bulky boosted, unstatusable, unrevenge-killable beast. not only that but gyarados gets many opportunities to sweep thanks to Blissey passing over wishes. Blissey can also wake him up if needed. i'm not sure about the calcs, but he's survived mixmence's dracometeor.

so my main problem has been with starmies. was thinking about putting toxic spikes on forretress and getting rid of tentacruel but then i would need a spinner. i was also having trouble with stat uppers, I got swept by a cursepert once. I was thinking maybe of replacing tentacruel with a suicune with roar. Idk how well that would work though. So there it is. I spent a couple weeks changing pokes and trying not to copy other stall teams and this is what i came up with. I worked really hard so I would love some feedback and advice :)

If your having a problem with starmie I might but something like Thunder Punch on Dusknoir, only because i assume Dusknoir acts as a spin blocker and starmie is usually a spinner.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)