Take my item, I don't need it. [UU Warstory, my first]

It was just another day for me. I was bored and decided to get on Shoddy and play some UU matches. I won some and lost some, but didn't have any really spectacular battles. After a while I decided to try making a new team, and after a bit of testing battled Aeon_17xx, the only person on Unrated UU at the time. Little did I now that it would be a very close battle, even with a moral to it.

My team:

His team will be revealed in the end

Aeon_17xx's moves will look like this.
Kurnak's moves will look like this.
other text will look like this.
Leftovers will be removed.
Nicknames will be removed.
Sandstorm/hail damage will be removed.
Scores will be shown after each KO.

RULES:
Evasion Clause, Freeze Clause, OHKO Clause, Sleep Clause, Soul Dew Clause, Species Clause, Timed Battle

And just to quote someone, don't really remember who, LET THE BATTLE COMMENCE!

Aeon_17xx sent out Crobat (lvl 100 Crobat ?).
Kurnak sent out Absol (lvl 100 Absol ?).
Absol is exerting its pressure!
Kurnak: That's Limbo
Kurnak: Not allowed in UU
Aeon_17xx: I knew
Kurnak: Just so you know
Kurnak: K
Aeon_17xx: Im changing it
Aeon_17xx: but u challengeme

---
Hmm, a Crobat lead. I didn't play UU much before the Limbo seperation so I'm not that sure about what it will do. Aparently he was changing it at the time I challenged him. At this point I could A, Knock Off, crippling something. B, Sucker Punch, hitting Crobat. C, Taunt to stop set up or D, Counter killing something. I chose...
---
Crobat used U-turn.
It's super effective!
Absol lost 137% of its health.
Absol hung on using its Focus Sash!
Aeon_17xx switched in Hitmonlee (lvl 100 Hitmonlee ?).
Absol used Knock Off.
It's not very effective...
Hitmonlee lost 13% of its health.
Absol knocked off foe Hitmonlee's Life Orb

---
...A, Knock Off, only to be met by a Hitmonlee. In hindsight I realize that Counter would have been the best choice, but we all make mistakes sometimes. To be honest I have absolutely no idea what Hitmonlee can do, so I just chose Sucker Punch since Absol was pretty much useless.
---
Hitmonlee used Mach Punch.
It's super effective!
A critical hit!
Absol lost 166% of its health.
Kurnak's Absol fainted.
(6-5)
---
And I Sucker Punched in vain, he used Mach Punch ruining that tactic. Now, I could either switch in Blaziken, to try to stat up or in worst cases just KO it, Yanmega to boost speed and prepare for a sweep or Torterra to absorb hits and Rock Polish. Of a reason I don't know, I chose Yanmega.
---
Kurnak switched in Yanmega (lvl 100 Yanmega ?).
Aeon_17xx: aaaa
Aeon_17xx: yanmega isnt OU?
Kurnak: Nope
Kurnak: I was also surprised
Aeon_17xx: fuck
Aeon_17xx: it is in my ou team
Kurnak: Yea, in OU everything that isn't Uber is allowed
Kurnak: So it's still allowed
Aeon_17xx switched in Crobat (lvl 100 Crobat ?).

Yanmega used Substitute.
Yanmega lost 25% of its health.
Yanmega made a substitute!
Yanmega's Speed Boost raised its speed!

-
--
So, with Yanmega in, I started stalling with Substitute to get a Special Attack boost from my Petaya berry, and attempt a sweep.
---
Yanmega used Hidden Power.
It's super effective!
Crobat lost 63% of its health.
Crobat used Cross Poison.
The substitute took damage for Yanmega!
Yanmega's substitute faded!
-
--
Yanmega used Substitute.
---
Yanmega used Substitute.
---
Yanmega used Substitute.
Yanmega's Petaya Berry raised its special attack!
---
Yanmega used Hidden Power.
It's super effective!
Crobat lost 91% of its health.
Aeon_17xx's Crobat fainted.
(5-5)
---
At this time I was feeling pretty confident, with +1 Special Attack and +6 Speed I might even pull of a Yanmega sweep.
---

---
"Hitmonlee again, Air Slash for SE damage!" Was what I thought at the time. In hindsight I should have switched to Torterra.
---
Yanmega lost 6% of its health.
Kurnak's Yanmega fainted.
(5-4)
---
And my ignorance punished me. I had completely forgotten about Mach Punch and lost Yanmega. At this point I just wanted to get rid of that Hitmonlee so I switched in my Rock Polish Torterra, to absorb what moves I could assume were on a Hitmonlee, and boost my Speed with Rock Polish.
---
Kurnak: Hate priority =/
Aeon_17xx: =)
---
That pretty much sums up my feelings at the point.
---
Kurnak switched in Torterra (lvl 100 ?).
Aeon_17xx: its really necesary
Kurnak: Yup
Hitmonlee used Earthquake.
Torterra lost 16% of its health.
Torterra used Rock Polish.
Torterra's speed was sharply raised.

---
I was pretty glad over that he didn't have anything to damage Torterra that badly, and used Earthquake to get rid of it. Since this was still pretty early game I didn't want to overpredict.
---
Aeon_17xx switched in Blastoise (lvl 100 Blastoise ?).
Torterra used Earthquake.
Blastoise lost 48% of its health.
Torterra lost 10% of its health.

---
Well, suppose that a Blastoise isn't as good as a Hitmonlee KO'ed but still, he probably switched it in for a reason. My plan is pretty simple, 1. Flip it over. 2. Attack it's weak point for massive damage. 3.??? 4. PROFIT!
---
Torterra used Wood Hammer.
It's super effective!
A critical hit!
Blastoise lost 219% of its health.
Aeon_17xx's Blastoise fainted.
(4-4)
Torterra was hit by recoil!
Torterra lost 21% of its health.
---
My plan actually worked O_o. They tend to fail epicly :toast:.
---
Aeon_17xx switched in Absol (lvl 100 Absol ?).

---
An Absol... If I were him I would Sucker Punch right now, to get in some damage on Torterra. Hoping that he would think the same way I'll use Rock Polish to avoid Sucker Punch.
---
Absol used Sucker Punch.
But it failed!
Torterra used Rock Polish.
Torterra's speed was sharply raised.
---
IT WORKED! Well, now to play mindgames with him I'll use Earthquake, predicting he'll predict I'll predict that he'll use Sucker Punch and that I would go for another Rock Polish.
---
Kurnak: :P
Torterra used Earthquake.
Absol lost 116% of its health.
Aeon_17xx's Absol fainted.
(3-4)
---
It worked again o_O. Now lets see what he switches in...
---
Aeon_17xx switched in Drifblim (lvl 100 Drifblim ?).

---
Drifblim, Ghost/Flying type. Stone Edge should hit for SE damage, and hopefully it won't miss.
---
Torterra used Stone Edge.
It's super effective!
Drifblim lost 128% of its health.
Aeon_17xx's Drifblim fainted.
(2-4)
---
And it didn't. 4-2 to me =).Rock Polish Torterra must be my favourite UU sweeper now, after tearing through his team. All that was left was a easy win right?
---
Aeon_17xx switched in Xatu (lvl 100 Xatu ?).
Torterra used Stone Edge.
It's super effective!
Xatu lost 121% of its health.
Aeon_17xx's Xatu fainted.
(1-4)

---
Another easy KO with Stone Edge. He only has 1 Pokémon left at the moment, and I have 4. No way he could beat me.
---

---
Hitmonlee again (-_-). I'm getting tired of this thing. EQ for win...
---
Aeon_17xx: your torterra RULES!!
Kurnak: Thanks
Torterra lost 20% of its health.
Kurnak's Torterra fainted.
(1-3)
---
..or not. Well, there goes my Rock Polish sweep. I've still got my Swords Dance Blaziken though. He should be able to survive a hit and KO back with Flare Blitz or something.
---
Kurnak switched in Blaziken (lvl 100 Blaziken ?).
Hitmonlee used Earthquake.
It's super effective!
Blaziken lost 108% of its health.
[
Kurnak's Blaziken fainted.
(1-2)

---
I really often forget about how frail Blaziken is. Even if I would have survived my attempt to Swords Dance, he could just Mach Punch me. Now I've just got my Porygon-2 and my Clefable left, both of which are weak to Close Combat or a other Fighting move he might be packing. GG, Aeon_17xx.---
Kurnak: Rock Polish Torterra is really powerful if you let him get a RP
Aeon_17xx: I think im falling in love
Kurnak switched in Porygon2 (lvl 100 Porygon2).
Porygon's Download raised its stats!
Porygon's attack was raised.

---
I sent in Porygon-2 first, in hope of Paralysing it. I got a pretty useless Attack boost on my way in. In hindsight I should have first switched in Clefable to get some defence drops on him and then struck while the iron was hot, and Thunderbolt'ed him.
---
Hitmonlee used Close Combat.

It's super effective!
Porygon lost 87% of its health.
Hitmonlee's defence was lowered.
Hitmonlee's special defence was lowered.
Porygon used Thunder Wave.
---
Well, he DIDN'T get Paralysed, at this point I had, sadly, forgotten about Limber.
---
Kurnak: You can find the set on the analysis
It's super effective!
Porygon lost 30% of its health.
Kurnak's Porygon2 fainted.
(1-1)
---
Yet again my forgetfulness punishes my, by eliminating my last hope of winning. Clefable is my last Pokémon so gues who I'll send in next? Clefable it is.
---
Kurnak switched in Clefable (lvl 100 Clefable ?).

---
My last stand. Whatever he does I'll any ways loose in the long run, since my only Attacking move is Ice Beam.
---
Aeon_17xx: thanks
Hitmonlee used Close Combat.
It's super effective!
Clefable lost 144% of its health.
Kurnak's Clefable fainted.
(1-0)
Aeon_17xx wins!

At this point we say our GG's and he leaves. Now remember that I said there was a moral to the story? Guess what moral it is? A old figure of speech, ”Don't hallo until you're out of the woods”. Even though I had a 4-1 lead over him he won in the end.

His team, in order of appearence:

Any ways, Pros and Cons.

Pros:
Aeon_17xx for a great battle.
His Hitmonlee for a amazing comeback.
My Torterra for almost netting me the win.
Yanmega, for not being OU.
Smogon, for making a fun UU metagame.
Not very much hax.
The_arctic_one for making The Warmachine, used to format this.
Sleet for helping me find mistakes in my formatting, and for being a in overall great Shoddy friend that helped me find my joy for UU.

Cons:
The battle, for being a bit to short, and never really entering lategame.
Me, for not daring to predict very much during this battle, since I prefer to predict during mid-lategame.
My Blaziken, Clefable, Absol, Porygon-2, for being useless.
His Xatu, Drifblim, Blastoise and Absol for only being sacrifices to get down Torterra's health via LO recoil.
Mistakes, for being made
Me, for running LO on Torterra witch proved vital for the outcome of this match.
Mach Punch.
My memory. 'Nuff said.
Using Knock Off on turn 1. I should have Countered.

In overall I think he deserved to win, since he mainly outplayed me during the battle, but I won a thing as well. A great battle.

Very nice battle, just goes to show that even alone and without it's item, a 'mon can still shine.

RP Torterra did great again, think he's one of the bigger physical threats in this metagame.

Think this goes to show you could use a ScarfBlaziken :P

Also, I found that attempting a SubPetaya set up so early in the game was a tad foolish, I always count it as being 5-6 down until you know exactly what the opponent can do to you.

Other than that though, excellent battle and very easy on the eyes too, no Lime Green and Hot Pink formatting lol.

(Y)

Edit: I really like the way that your first move was the one that decided the entire game for you - Hitmonlee would have lost 80% of its health just from recoil :)

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
yeah, some big mistakes from you, sub petayaing early, not countering, t-waving hitmonlee. Just a tip, I suggest replacing porygon-2 on your team.

Otherwise, not too bad.

No sir, didn't like it. Knock Off was probaby the worst possible choice against his Crobat, then he used EQ on your Torterra and you tried to TWave his Hitmonlee. Lots of stupid mistakes and bad choices in this one.

For the most part it was just a Torterra/Hitmonlee sweep which isn't really exciting to read. Also:

This makes no sense. Yanmega being UU doesn't mean he has to take it out of his OU team?

good job at the suckerpunch mindgame, although it has only 8 PPs it is very hard to predict

your team has a big fighting weak xD

Thanks for all the comments! I ran a ScarfBlaziken before, but decided to try out a SD sweeper a bit before this battle. I id, at the time forget that Hitmonlee had Limber, since I hadn't looked him up in a while. And Panamaxis, do you have any reccomendations on what to use instead of Porygon2? I'm thinking about something to patch up my Hitmonlee weakness. And Boingo, I also commented on that a bit after he said that.
And yes, I should have gone to Torterra instead of Yanmega there and waited with attempting a sweep.

Not a great warstory. :| Whyyyyy didn't you make your Yanmega's HP divisible by four?

And the other mistakes that have been mentioned.

This makes no sense. Yanmega being UU doesn't mean he has to take it out of his OU team?
I think that Aeon meant that it is so powerful that it was on his OU team, yet it is now in UU.

A better moral would have been "Know your fucking enemy." =/

It was pretty silly, reading about how his Hitmonlee battered you all over the place. When in doubt, use the Smogon search engine...

never mess with the P-1 champion Hitmonlee, just goes to show you how UU Pokemon can wreck teams
That's true.. you forgot about Limber and Mach Punch on Hitmonlee.
I love using UU in OU because they suprise the opponent since most don't know too much about UU strategies unless they use them a lot too.

locopoke

Banned deucer.
Ehhh, the fact that he swept you with Hitmonlee isn't too exciting to read in a warstory. Though, the fact that he swept you with it because you forgot about Limber.. well that's just not too exciting to read about in a warstory. I wouldn't have posted this battle if I were you.

If you're using SubPetaya Yanmega (or SubPetaya anything), this is why your HP should be divisible by 4. You'd have 25% HP when petaya activated, so Mach Punch wouldn't have come close to KOing. Also, it means if you switch into Stealth Rock you only need 1 turn to set up. Of course, it also means you can switch into SR just once, but a good ol' Foresight spinning Hitmontop can clear that problem right up.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Like everyone said, this wasnt so exciting taking into account the bunch of mistakes and that it was a Hitmonlee sweep.
Also, comments were lacking a little, but it was still enjoyable to read.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)