Tales of Vesperia (360/PS3) and Tales of Symphonia DotNW (Wii) Discussion

I am finding the story and characters in Vesperia are pretty weak and seems tacked on.

There is nothing that has gotten me interested in this game whatsoever.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If you don't like the battle system I don't see any reason to play Tales games really.

And these secret mission achievements will be the death of me.

If you don't like the battle system I don't see any reason to play Tales games really.

And these secret mission achievements will be the death of me.
I do like the battle system and played through Abyss and Symphonia more then once. The battle system in Vesperia has made no improvements over Tales of the Abyss and I liked it better. I would rather play through that again than play Vesperia which I have found to be a big disappointment unfortunately.

Firestorm

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Have you received Fatal Strikes and Burste Artes yet? Do you not like the skill system? >.> 10 hours in and the story seems to have hit a turning point into something more interesting.

Just got Burst Artes, and I have about 11 hours of playtime (I'm slow). I honestly like the story, as much as Symphonia if not more (which I liked but didn't love), and I love the combat system for these games :D

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
30 hours in and I'm loving this game. I have one thing to say to you all: altered artes. Probably the coolest upgrades ever. Yuri's first one I got was amazing and fit's my playstyle perfectly.

Firestorm

12 hours in and got the 100 point achievement if that tells you where I am. HOLY SHIT. Yuri is a bad ass.

I'm stuck, but you guys don't seem very far in the game yet. I don't want to post any spoilers either.

Highest lvl. I think for me is 46.

Firestorm

tad, how the hell were you lv32 or whatever in that forest. I just hit 32 and I'm 6 or 8 hours past that point now (20 - 21 hours into the game). Getting my ass kicked by a certain boss on top of Mt. something.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm stuck, but you guys don't seem very far in the game yet. I don't want to post any spoilers either.

Highest lvl. I think for me is 46.
Well in the game I went back to Nordopolica and then went to that cavern place on the one northeast piece of land. Could I help?

err I'm like lvl 37 now and I'm in Nordopolica for the 1st time (I just fought in the arena). I have 27ish hours of gameplay because I wander around the map (with the boat even more!) and try to get the material for all the synth items (I've gotten most of the available ones at this point, I can't find any Karolian Hammers and I sold the first one so I have not been able to make those yet). I also find it annoying that the Little Mad Scientist achievement is so fucked up that I didn't get it and I have well over 100 synths.

Firestorm

I'm 37 and I'm a couple of bosses ahead of you >_> I hear the synth afhievment glitches if you do multiples of an item at once (like 5 apple gels). You'll have to do a new game or new game+.

The part I'm at is BS =( I can beat the boss but secret mission 13 is just aaarrgggghhhh

I started a new game a couple days ago. I got the "Eureka!" achievement just today by using synth only once.

Is that supposed to happen?

I started a new game a couple days ago. I got the "Eureka!" achievement just today by using synth only once.

Yes, if you look at your profile and check your achievements you will see that the requirement for that one is to synth one item.

Already beat it and there is no harder difficulty which just sucks.
Err... are you sure? I heard multiple times that there was an "unknown" difficulty, which is harder than the standard "hard" difficulty. Are you going into the options menu in-game?

Firestorm

Fuck you Secret Mission 17. Fuck you.

Yes. Eureka is for 1 synthesis. The other one is for 20 syntheses. Do not make multiple items in one go. It only allows you to do it with regular items, but don't do it anyway. It'll mess it up so you can't get the achievement for that playthrough. The Japanese version has supposedly been patched but the NA version hasn't been.

Already beat it and there is no harder difficulty which just sucks.
Start a new game + and check the in game options.

Start a new game + and check the in game options.
I must have missed it and do you know what the stats difference is and if its like ToTA's unknown where you basically needed x10 exp and a bunch of other grade purchases or is it more like symphonia's hardest which didn't need them. No real guides out yet so its hard to find out.

Firestorm

I found out Unknown is a Grade Shop purchase.

I just hit the final dungeon I think. I'm around LV51.

i followed my usual tradition and watched a vid of all the hi-oujis of this game and holy SHIT they are all fucking awesome. so are the playstyles of most characters, or at least that's the impression I got. i have two questions:

the long-haired samurai is a guy? I thought it was a girl for sure.
why the fuck do you play as a transformer dog

EDIT i might buy a xbox 360 for this. I wish i wasn't so serious right now.

Firestorm

Do it Doomsday. 360s are dirt cheap now. Do the Circuit City deal if you're in the States or Future Shop deal if you're in Canada.

Yuri is a male yes, and the best male lead of any Tales game by far. Awesome character. From what I've heard, Judith is probably the most fun character to play as although I've stuck with tradition and have been using Yuri. Judith can basically fight and combo in the air with all her aerial skills.

I've just hit the final boss I believe. Will be done the main game after lunch.

I will be sure to revisit that post when I do finally beat the game (I'm already level 48 or so and I don't even have the second big achievement yet, lol)

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
I will be sure to revisit that post when I do finally beat the game (I'm already level 48 or so and I don't even have the second big achievement yet, lol)
Geesh at that level you must be just cruisin through the game.

Yeah I already beat it gonna do it again to get some sidequests too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)