Tattoos

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Aww aren't naive teenagers cute.

I'll probably never get a tattoo. I just don't want anything written on my body.

I've always been interested in mass amounts of tattoos, especially on the arms. I pretty much adore the tattoos of the frontman to bring me the horizon (minus the whole chesty stomachy part (and I must say the band has turned to shit pretty much :/))
Yet being one amongst the common folk, I must settle for something a bit more moderate. lame.

Altmer

rid this world of human waste
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
You're young. Really, too young. I was with a guy when I was 17. Thought we'd be together forever. Marriage. Babies. Then he started kicking the shit out of me.
Young love. I'm not saying you're going to get into an abusive relationship, or whatever, but young love doesn't really last. Sorry about that. I know maybe hrm. Eight or nine people of my age. Everyone had a long-term partner at 17-18; some had been dating from as long as 13. They've all split up. Most of them hate each other.
I know people that have been together since fucking forever. I'm 20 and my gf is 18 - I know that probably won't last, but even though that may be the case isn't it worth it to just try? You know, better you try more chance you have of working out.

As for tattoos, I do want something - someday. But it won't be anything like my girlfriend's name. It will probably involve lots of religious and mythological symbolism, ancient myths intertwined and such. I'm a big fan of classical stories as opposed to modern things.

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
my friend has a cute little heart on the inside of her lower lip. its pretty cool! she also has a little aeroplane on her back and a ladybird on her wrist. i think simple little tattoos like that are quite charming... but if i ever get a tattoo it will have some meaning behind it.

tatoo

EDIT: since this is not Firebot, i'll actually add some substance that isn't a hilarious meme.

i have a pretty sizable tattoo on my upper right back.

i don't have pictures of the finished product, but it took nearly 2 years to complete, 5 sessions totaling upwards of 30 hours of work, and $600 cash.

and here's the art piece it was taken from, and what it now looks like:

alright, i had my wife take a picture of the finished product last night.

the flash sort of detracts from the brilliancy of the colors, but you still get the idea.

i'm completely satisfied with how it turned out, i just wish i could actually see it. D:<

Good luck, Logan and Britney. Good luck....

And Deschain, your tattoo is fucking awesome.

But, in a year I'm turning 18, and thus I HAVE to get a tattoo. My plan is to get a semi-permanent one first, see how I like it, and if I do, make it permanent :)

I'm liking the idea of having a tree on my back. Perhaps something like this?

Regarding other body alterations, I want my lip pierced, along with possibly my eyebrow. My parents won't let me get anything until I turn 18 though :(

thanks Oddish. :)

trees are awesome, but make sure you get a good artist to draw you something up...that picture you posted isn't that spectacular...and tattoos need to be spectacular.

here's what a guy i know got:

the roots wrap around his hip.

i got my eyebrow pierced when i was 18.

i just sort of fell out a few months ago, and i figured it had run it's course.

loved it though.

Toothache

Let the music play!
is a Community Leader Alumnus

I've been thinking about this for about a year before I went through with it. In case you can't tell, the creature in the middle is a griffin, and the writing around the outside, when translated reads 'The Brave Do Not Fear The Grave'.

thanks Oddish. :)

trees are awesome, but make sure you get a good artist to draw you something up...that picture you posted isn't that spectacular...and tattoos need to be spectacular.

here's what a guy i know got:
Oh God, that's amazing! How much did he pay for it?

Xia

On porpoise
is a Contributor Alumnus
How come I never knew you had a tatoo Deschain (don't say because I never asked it's rhetorical =P)?

I've thought about getting a tatoo, but I'd rather get something that's not as permanent, like a piercing or something.

How come I never knew you had a tatoo Deschain (don't say because I never asked it's rhetorical =P)?

I've thought about getting a tatoo, but I'd rather get something that's not as permanent, like a piercing or something.
what sort of piercing?

Oh God, that's amazing! How much did he pay for it?
i don't know.

he's a douchebag, so i hope he paid a lot. xP

he got blood poisoning because the artist used to much pressure. :naughty:

This was my first tattoo. The day I got it I had no intentions at all of getting a tattoo, I went to a local tattoo shop to get my tongue pierced and I thought hell I'm in a tattoo shop why the fuck not. So I didn't have much time to think of anything really unique or whatever but the purple rose is for my mothers birthstone (feb).

This will definitely not be the last tattoo I get though.

I'm open to the possibility of getting a tattoo. Unfortunately, I have been well known to do retarded shit in the past on both real-life and smogon, so to avoid future regrets by getting a weird tattoo its probably best for me to avoid getting one until I'm way older.

@Logann: I never thought I'd say this, but akuchi is right. Seriously reconsider tattooing her name on you. If nothing else, it may be that in the future, she does something inimical to you or you just don't dig her. And then, the tattoo might move your mind away from a breakup, even though it should happen, because it reminds you of your investment. Don't let the tattoo force you to act irrationally in this manner. Humans act irrationally enough without outside help!

Oh dear. Well, if its what you truly desired, we had no right to stop you, nor the physical means. But I hope you don't let the tattoo affect your feelings about her, and that you know that you should break up with her if the situation calls for it, regardless of past investment.

On another note, I honestly think that people shouldn't be allowed to get tattoos until they are 18. I don't have a watertight argument for it, but it would prevent a lot of impulsive, later-regretted purchases.

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
If you ever regret a tattoo you've gotten, you can always have it removed like this guy.

On another note, I honestly think that people shouldn't be allowed to get tattoos until they are 18. I don't have a watertight argument for it, but it would prevent a lot of impulsive, later-regretted purchases.
I don't agree with virtually any laws whose sole purpose is to "protect someone from themselves." If you want to do something stupid without thinking it through, go right ahead. Just don't go crying to anyone about the consequences later. And the thought that the government knows what's best for someone better than they do is downright insulting, if you think about it.

Probably the least painful solution is to just get a very dark tattoo to cover up any tattoos you may regret.

If you ever regret a tattoo you've gotten, you can always have it removed like this guy.

I don't agree with virtually any laws whose sole purpose is to "protect someone from themselves." If you want to do something stupid without thinking it through, go right ahead. Just don't go crying to anyone about the consequences later. And the thought that the government knows what's best for someone better than they do is downright insulting, if you think about it.
The thought that minors should be held off from permanently altering their body until they're 18? Terrible! Big Government! Nanny state!

No, seriously. I've wanted a tattoo since, well, I was a baba on the school playground (that puts me at about 5 or 6). Waiting wasn't a big deal - unlike alcohol, I felt no need to try and sneak into tattoo parlours in the hope they'd ink me when I wasn't looking. A tattoo is a huge choice; like anything else that permanently alters your life. Oh, hello, career - I can't have you, because I've tattooed a fucking huge Harry Potter skull on my neck! Ah, gainful employment, I would like to get to know you.. yet I can't, because I tattoo'd 'your mum' on the back of my middle finger..

Tattoos are different. You can't have a tattoo when you're a minor for the same reason you're not allowed to get a tattoo when you're drunk/otherwise intoxicated (show me a tattoo artist that'll do them when you're pissed and I'll show you an unethical, disreputable bastard). They change your life; they're (ostensibly) there forever; coverups aren't perfect and laser removal is expensive and unreliable. Telling a kid they can have one - fuck that. They've got the rest of their lives to make shitty tattoo decisions.

I'm about to get a tattoo here in the next week.. This dude that owns this shop is willing to give me and my girlfriend some since he's her managers boyfriend.. Soo I want to get one, on my chest over one of my shitty scratcher tattoo's.

Not sure what. Something awesome, though.

Edit: okay I want to get a tear over my heart with bio mechanical designs inside.

i dont have one but ive thought about getting one. what i want is a symbol from where my family originates, portugal. so i want the portuguese crest, it a cross with a shield, cant find the pic i want lol

My dad, uncle, all three of my aunts, and my older sister has a cross tattooed on the arms. I don't have a picture to give but i most likely will get the same tattoo in a few years. If i get a picture ill post it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)