Team Amnesia... What's this team's name?

Introduction

This team is one of my better Gen. V teams. It started off as a team of my favorite Pokes, I then made changes to make the team work.

At A Glance

Dissecting The Team

Lil' Boss (Victini) @ Choice Band
Trait: Victory Star
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- V-create
- Zen Headbutt
- U-Turn
- Fusion Bolt

Strange lead perhaps, but it works. V-create is it's STAB move. Zen Headbutt also gets STAB. These two alone cover a lot of Pokes. U-Turn if I want to switch out on a wrong prediction of a lead. Fusion Bolt deals a hell of a lot of damage to a lot of Victini's counters. The EV spread allows me to outspeed most Pokes, as well as demolish anything that doesn't resist the attack. The Choice Band boosts his attack to where he can 1 or 2HKO almost anything.

Mamoswine (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

I needed more resist to Ice and Fire, considering they were my two biggest weaknesses, in Garchomp and Scizor. So this guy fit the description. With Thick Fat, he takes barely any damage. He's a great wall, as well as attacker. With the Band and EVs he's able to put a dent in a LOT of Pokes.

Rotom-C @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SAtk / 144 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Leaf Storm
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Trick

I realized I had nothing to take out Water types, I need more Electric and Grass typing, and this guy fit perfectly. He can take out Water and Grass types, with HP Fire. He also is great for stopping walls or Physical Sweeps with a Trick to the Scarf.

Scizor (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 SDef
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Roost

My Latios counter, he 1HKO's with Bug Bite and can live a Spec'd Draco Meteor. He's also pretty Specially Bulky, so he can take pretty much anything that he resists or gets neutral damage on. He's ALSO a decent sweep, honestly though, besides Latios he doesn't do much else. And I'm seeing less and less Latios in Gen V, so I may need to replace him.

Garchomp (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Aqua Tail

Garchomp takes care of weaknesses that I have to Fire. The Aqua Tail allows me to take out pretty much any Fire type, something I would otherwise have to stall out. Outrage does a lot with the EV spread + STAB. Dragon Claw and EQ are there to give him great coverage.

Conkeldurr (M) @ Flame Orb
Trait: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
- Payback
- Bulk Up
- Hammer Arm
- Mach Punch

Conkeldurr serves two purposes. To disguise my Zoroark, and to sweep. After a Bulk Up he can demolish Pokes. Many people don't realize that he gets Payback and will switch to the ST Shandera to take it's attacks, but after a Bulk Up it's an OHKO.

Leave suggestions / comments below

On conkledurr I would use Stone edge/Rockslide over payback. I would also consider using Mach Punch over hammer arm, priority is good against weak scarfers and Exadrill

I subbed out Drain Punch for Mach Punch. Payback is there to deal damage to Shandera's and other Ghost types that expect to set up on him.

Team rate.

The lack of Stealth Rocks or any entry hazards is a major problem for you in my opinion. Especially due to the fact your team suffers from a slight Gyarados weakness.

I would personally remove Aromatherapy with something like Wish (I was going to suggest Stealth Rock but then I remembered it wasn't 4th Generation.) on your Blissey due to the fact your team is better resilient against status. Garchomp can switch into Thunder Wave, Gliscor can absorb any status due to Toxic Orb and so can Conkeldur due to Flame Orb.

However your biggest weak would have to be Choice Scarf Latios which is able to single handed cripple your team in your team including Blissey with Trick. Other then the pink blob Latios can outspeed and Draco Meteor every other Pokemon for an easy OHKO.

Scizor over Gliscor seems like a decent option as Garchomp and Gliscor are almost near identical in typing and moves.

Well, that's enough from me.

- Stay cool.

I find facade on Gliscor to actually be a very bad coverage move on Gliscor and supprisingly underwhelming in power even after a swords dance. I would personally switch it for ice fang or whatever coverage move you feel appropriate.

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
On Conk: Bulk Up and Flame Orb is unnecessary. The reason you would use a flame orb would be that you want that quick 1.5 boost to attack rather than set it up. To further set up while taking burn damage really hurts Conk's bulkiness. I would ditch the flame orb, but that's just me.

Made a LOT of changes.

Also, when I begin a new team I wanna work with someone else to build it. PM me if you're up for it :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)