Other Team Archive by CTC (ORAS Update) Read Post #517

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi CTC I was wondering if you could make a team with megachomp as a wallbreaker for a sweeper to come in set and wreck havoc also please include sand but take care of water/grass(sorta) weakness please
Anyways I honestly think megachomp is an underated mega due to the fact that it's lowers after MEvo but honestly with the right teamates and plays it demolishes unprepared teams and can dent preparex ones with stab Sand Force EQ well TY a lot CTC and keep up the good work also if you could include why you chose the pokemon and what their main role in the team is that'd be nice

hello CTC if would be glad if you made a team with offencive gliscor the set is:GLISCOR nature adamant/jolly evs 252 attack/speed 4 hp moveset protect/swords dance/agility fling facade acrobatics item toxic orb and ability poison heal. thats the set the play style is turn one u use ur set up move turn two u fling the toxic orb and i am pretty sure that flinging toxic orb poisons the target and then you have stab 110 based power excluding stab damage boost and facade cuz with toxic orb you have a boosted facade if you could do something with this set i would really apriciate it(if i made a typo my mistake).

I hope I can take this as an opportunity to build a team around the Zard X / Ferrothorn / Azumarill core that I'd love to build around but I've never really gotten around to anything that nice...

Now my suggestions are:

Charizard @ CharizarditeX

248 HP / 140 SDef / 120 Spd
Careful
Blaze

Earthquake / Fire Punch
Dragon Claw
Will-o-Wisp
Roost

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 SpD
Adamant
Huge Power

Aqua Jet
Play Rough
Knock Off
Waterfall

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet / Leftovers

252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SpD
Impish/Relaxed
Iron Barbs

Power Whip
Stealth Rock
Leech Seed
Protect / Thunder Wave

I love the concept of this core since it's FWG and DFS in one, and it gives you access to hazards, status, Knock Off and general utility, 1 1/2 of the mons have recovery and they all pack quite a punch for a defensive core. I'd love to see what a competent team builder could make of this. Of course other sets/spreads can be used, I can also see bulky DD Zard working with this or w/e, but those are my suggestions. If it has already been posted in here just delete this post, but I have really shitty internet at the moment and couldn't be bothered to read through the entire thread.

Hello CTC! I really appreciate what you're doing here; now, I've got a [hopefully] fun request for you!

I'd like a team centered around mega ampharos wallbreaking/sweeping.(I also want to prove to my friends that it doesn't suck)

Ampharos-Mega @ Ampharosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Agility

I've realized that it has trouble with bulky/fast grounds, so I feel like mamoswine helps patch this up with ice priority and SR.

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash

I feel like these two form a good bulky offense core, I'd like to see some additional bros in action! I also want to experiment with mega ampharos's power, as I feel like he/she is a bit of an underrated mon [and also an underrated check to flyspam]

Thanks!

all right this is kind of soon after my first request but im really curious to see if this core i used over wi-fi post-bank can still be used. Its a fairly well balanced core built around cb azumaril, lucario and volcaerona (mega lucario is in ubers) its more of a offensive core then defensive but it did fairly well. You got lucario the physical sweeper/ late game cleaner, azumaril the revenge killer and volcarona the only special attacker of the core. Azumaril serves and the main counter to fighting types namely conkeldurr who wrecks lucario and dragon types (namely garchomp) volcarona once he gets a few quiver dances off is near unstoppable (assuming it can get a few boosts). and lucario is good to finish things off. Teamate wise the team can use some bulk to it and maybe a cleric as lucario and azumaril dont like being burned and volcarona hates being paralized (hence why i have a lum berry on it). The team also can use a wall or another special attacker.

Lucario life orb
jolly/adament
evs: 4 hp/252 atk/252 spd
moves:
close combat
extreme speed
swords dance
crunch/ice punch

Azumaril(energizer) choice band
adament
evs: 252 hp/ 252 hp/ 4 sp.d
moves:
aqua jet
water fall(was double edge)
superpower
play rough

Volcarona (ryoshu niko) lum berry
timid
evs: 4 hp/252 sp.a/ 252 spd
moves:
quiver dance
roost
fiery dance
bug buzz

sorry if this is to soon after my first request

Hey ctc, I really wanna build a team around the offensive core of mmaw, thundy, and lando. These are the sets:

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough
- Fire Fang

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 188 Atk / 68 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Knock Off
- Earth Power
- Psychic
- Focus Blast

I chose mega mawile because that thing is a savage. It can sweep very easily and get a lot of kills if it comes in to revenge. Im using mixed thundy over prankster because this set is just better at taking out pokemon imo. The ev's allow it to ohko latias after rocks. I also added landorus because it is powerful and helps with my mega venusaur weakness. I went with knock off over rocks because it is amazing at destroying stall and the lati's.

Right now I have a supporting cast of a cleric clefable, rocks ferrothorn, and av azumarill. These are the sets for the supporting cast:

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Moonblast

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Protect

I chose av azumarill because it is great for countering my keldeo weakness and my greninja weakness. Clefable is there to provide cleric support in case my mons get burned. I am also using max def unaware to stop set up sweepers since im not using prankster twave on my thundurus. Ferrothorn is there to provide help against mamoswine and set up rocks.

I am just looking to make this team better. You can change whatever you want. Thanks a lot man!

Aight so like I mentioned earlier, the Toxicroak team is superb in most aspects, but the one glaring weakness was susceptibility to burns due to 5 physical attackers, with the biggest issue of all being Sableye, as no priority out of Sucker Punch made getting around it extremely difficult and it had the potential to cripple the entire team. So anyway, here's some changes I made w/ the importable, lemme know what you think:

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SDef / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Rapid Spin

Toxicroak (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 240 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Poison Jab
- Sucker Punch

Dragonite (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 80 HP / 176 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed

Garchomp (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

Bisharp (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 16 HP / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hyper Voice
- Focus Blast
- Healing Wish

Gardevoir provides the much-appreciated Fairy-type nuke in Hyper Voice without being crippled by burns. In addition, Will-O I've found really supports the rest of the team, specifically Toxicroak (and Bisharp somewhat), making it much easier to safely set up. Psyshock cuz fuck Mega Venu, and Healing Wish as a last-ditch move to safely bring in another member. Wasn't quite sure on what the EVs on Starmie were for so I changed em to the standard, if you can explain why they were the way they were before I'll change em back (I assumed b/c LO recoil but still wasn't certain), anyway, feedback on the changes would be cool

Edit: Actually no fuck that, Heatran always getting free switch ins on Gard, switched Psyshock to FB
Just wondering, what's with the Toxicroak EVs?

Terrakion @ Salac Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

Garchomp (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Fire Fang
- Swords Dance

Greninja (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Defog

Talonflame (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Tailwind

Bronzong @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Brave Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake

Just letting you know, there was a mistake with Ninja. You put Torrent>Protean.

Aight I'm seeing loooootsa standard stuff on this thread, allow me to provide something different:

Sableye @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature
- Will-o-Wisp
- Knock Off
- Recover
- Taunt

Wobbuffet @ Leftovers/Sitrus Berry
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 28 HP / 232 Def / 248 SDef
Bold Nature
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Encore
- Safeguard

These two royally fuck with both stall and offense, crippling an ungodly amount of pokes on each team archetype. Fuck yo setup sweepers. Fuck yo blobs. Playing around this shit is a nightmare. Unless your name is Gengar, who doesn't give a single fuck. EVs are p standard, so change them hwever you want.

Last edited:

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
the above is cool but w. the better sitrus wobb...wobb doesn't really need that passive recovery, while sitrus lets it avoids some nice things like a 2hko from lando.

the above is cool but w. the better sitrus wobb...wobb doesn't really need that passive recovery, while sitrus lets it avoids some nice things like a 2hko from lando.
It kinda depends on what the rest of the team looks like but yeah I'll slash sitrus in, that's a p neat option I hadn't considered

Hey CTC this is an interesting core I thought of but I'm sure someone else has tried it before. Anyways i tried building a few teams around it but couldnt really find one I liked so thought you could help me out.

Politoed @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Hypnosis
- Encore

Kabutops @ Mystic Water
Ability: Swift Swim
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Heracross @ Heracronite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 44 Hp / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Bullet Seed

The main idea behind this team is that Kabutops shits on offense in general, especially birdspam and sand teams but it struggles with stall. Since Mega Heracross is great against stall but has problems with offensive teams I figured they'd compliment each other nicely. I also noticed that the two have great defensive synergy as well. Mega Hera resists grass, ground, and fighting for Kabutops and Kabutops resists fire and flying for Mega Hera. Finally, the fact that Mega Heracross turns Ferrothorn, the bane of rain's existence, into a liability with proper prediction was just the icing on top of the cake. However, like all cores they have their problems. Neither of them can really switch in and Kabutops isnt nearly as effective when rain isnt up. They both also dislike status and Mega Heracross cant even beat Keldeo 1v1 with rain up. Because of this i figured pokemon with volturn could be good teammates because they could help bring in Kabutops and Mega Hera unharmed as well as Politoed to keep rain up. But i guess this is really your call CTC

Ive typed up a new request a few times but whenever i head to another tab to paste sprites or movesets it makes me restart, screw editing im just gonna make a new post

Last edited:

CTC

Banned deucer.
is a defending SPL Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Big Chungus Winner
iit im back after a brief hiatus, i mean these biddies arent gonna fuck themselvs amirite,,,
anyways keep the ideas comin i will get to u when im free, and plz refrain from generic ass cores like tar exca + mega or rain + hera or mawile + genies yes i know these cores been using them since 3 months ago lets get more of this entei metagross shit goin.
also Jukain dpulse is when i have a team not too good vs setup mons so i dont wanna give a free dd to megas like tar n gyara who are already bulky enuf to take any hit from full so -2 draco isnt weakening them for shit.
onto the teams,,, staraptor has been a bw fave of mine and anyone from joey 2 blunder can tell u bout the suicide squadron commander birdman who has slain many a skarm/rotom. i comboned that shit w raik + pins to form a nice brainless ho squad
staraptor kamikazes a steel/rotom/tar/fat ground or electric mon which opens up one of pins/raik/lando to do work. self explanatory structure

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Raikou @ Choice Specs
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt

Staraptor (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Reckless
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Atk / 164 Spd
- Final Gambit
- U-turn
- Brave Bird
- Double-Edge

(Bisharp) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Low Kick
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Pinsir (M) @ Pinsirite
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Return
- Quick Attack

Landorus (Landorus-T) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 24 HP / 248 Atk / 236 Spd
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

to the niggas asking for weather + mhera teams, slap on the 3 mon core and a keld check, an elec resist for rain/water resist for sand, and an azu/ninja counter. its not that hard to put 2/3 mons on a team of toed hera kabu dra or tar hera exca.
Lord Ninjax u just tossed me 2 of the most common mons + a scrftran thats hardly a core,,,, if anything itd seem like crystalized but w lati > mandi and something else over keld. u can do it urself cant u? lati even fixes the psychc thund weakness!
JS8 u jus tossed me 2 of the most common cores and told me to build upon what iv already made dozens of teams from,,, so nah
heres the dance lant/zard x team, lookin like standard ass bw keldtar
azu > keld and defensive zard x can also mod this team into the zard azu ferro core that someone else askd for.

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Flying]

Ferrothorn (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Def / 248 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 224 Atk / 32 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam
- Earthquake

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 192 SAtk / 244 Spd
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Defog

Charizard (F) @ Charizardite X
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 160 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz

Landorus (Landorus-T) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 56 HP / 220 Atk / 232 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Rock Polish

Ropeburn Iv actually used Mence on mult teams but it's not gonna be usable until mawile leaves. Maw + ground resist p much renders it useless, I mean even azu n clef r everywhere. Scarf Mence, actually all mence, r doomd to suck fat cocks til aerialate hits. Then panties will drop

Last edited:
I would like you to make a team around uxie. Now that deos and aegislash banned uxie maybe viable.
Uxie @ Light Clay
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 Spe
Impish Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Memento
- U-turn With 76spe uxie outspeeds adamant bisharp. If you want you can change the def to 108 because uxie can live a knock off from bisharp. 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 108+ Def Uxie: 291-346 (82.2 - 97.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery. So you can put the rest of the evs to speed

Last edited:

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I would like you to make a team around uxie. Now that deos and aegislash banned uxie maybe viable.
Uxie @ Light Clay
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 Spe
Impish Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Memento
- U-turn With 76spe uxie outspeeds adamant bisharp. If you want you can change the def to 108 because uxie can live a knock off from bisharp. 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 108+ Def Uxie: 291-346 (82.2 - 97.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery. So you can put the rest of the evs to speed
Uxie isn't really a mon to build around. You can literally take any dual screens team and insert Uxie, same difference. Uxie seems rather meh, anyways, as Azelf is just better with its Speed.

Hey CTC, I was wondering if you could build a team centering around Scarf Salamence + Band Terrakion. I've had this combo in mind for a while now, and I'd like to see your take on it now that its main counter, Aegislash, is gone.

Or if that's too standard for your taste, how about some AgiliGross + Specs Heatran action?

Last edited:
Hey CTC. First post here. Been trying to make this team good. Can you help me rebuild it?
I want it around mega medicham

=== [ou] Untitled 1 ===

Medicham @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Psycho Cut
- Ice Punch

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Superpower
- Knock Off

Bisharp @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Iron Head

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

Latios (M) @ Leftovers
Hasty Nature
- Defog
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Taunt
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp

Sorry I keep putting up bad stuff to build with, tbf I have perfectionist syndrome which is why I don't like building too much, anyways may as well throw up a new idea.

I guess I'm currently thinking a Sand Team featuring both Hippowdon and Tyranitar. The rationale is due to Sand no longer being permanent, two inducers instead of one can keep Sand up much more reliably for stuff like Excadrill. Also Hippowdon can hold Smooth Rock freeing up a item slot on Tyranitar, allowing it to fulfill another role (can be Band, Exp Belt, Scarf, Tyranitarite I really don't care). Seeing as Hippowdon is in the mix this would probably be a balanced team, though it's cool if you go for offense or stall as well. I already built a team with this but I'm interested to see what you can do.

If you decide the prior idea was too far gone to save (I figured from the start it was either revolutionary, insane, or both), here's something else I've been interested in: CM Sweeper Keldeo. This set essentially forgoes the sheer power of Choice Specs for the ability to set up mid-late game once all its checks and counters are gone and sweep from there. The partners I've picked are Scarf Tyranitar and Balloon Heatran, as the two beat a lot of Keldeo's checks and counters between them: Tyranitar removes the Lati Twins and slows down BirdSpam, while Heatran beats Sylveon, Mega Venusaur, Amoonguss, and stops Talonflame, at the same time setting up SR to keep BirdSpam down. If you think alternative partners that do more than these two are fine, then you can replace them. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
more metagross and entie stuff huh? well ive been meaning to use one so ive been using this core:

entei choice band/assult vest?
evs: 252 hp/252 atk/4 spd OR 252 spd instead of hp
adament
moves:
sacred fire
extreme speed
flare blitz
stone edge

what to say about entei? he hits hard hes decent in terms of speed and can take a hit and then hit back harder. the choice band while locking entei in allows him to net crusail kos. The only bad thing about him is that his speed is fairly slow for a physical sweeper as in order to use his event moves he must always be adament nature.

bronzong leftovers/light clay
evs: 252 hp/4 def/252 sp.d
sassy nature
levitate
moves:
stealth rocks
gyro ball
light screen
reflect

with the ban of aegislash i feel like bronzong can truely shine in the ou meta. its to great defences gets both screen AND gets stealth rocks. It makes a great lead and can be used to switch entai out if hes threatend with a ground type move. dual screens makes the team take more hits. The only problem with bronzong is that hes setup fauder. hes replacable for another wall but i feel like a ground immunity is good for the core. also sorry if its looking more like a uu core. also does this thing get rapid spin? what move should be replaced if it does?

mega pinser pinserite
evs: 4 hp/ 252 atk/ 252 spd
ariealite
jolly
moves:
swords dance
close combat
quick attack
return/earthquake (what evers better)

mega pinser is a huge powerhouse. Hes fast and hits like a truck. Swords dance will bring his attack to powerful levels. close combat can now be used now with the ban of aegislash. The only problem with mega pinser on this core is the stealth rocks weakness as two of the 3 pokemon are weak to stealth rocks makeing rapin spin support VERY important.

The team can use rapid spin support a physical wall and a special attacker. or whatever works.

Hey CTC you were right about my old request a page back being unoriginal so I came up with a new one that's a bit more intriguing. I want you to build a team around Sharpedo and Choice Specs Politoed.

Politoed @ Choice Specs
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Focus Blast
- Psychic

Let's all take a moment to remember how powerful Choice Specs Politoed is compared to other OU powerhouses

Note: These calcs are done on uninvested base 100 defenses all around and are typless

252 Atk Choice Band Victini V-create vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 367-433 (107.6 - 126.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Pure Power Mega Medicham High Jump Kick vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 354-417 (103.8 - 122.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Politoed Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew in Rain: 345-406 (101.1 - 119%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew in Sun: 313-370 (91.7 - 108.5%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 288-339 (84.4 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 279-328 (81.8 - 96.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 268-316 (78.5 - 92.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 268-316 (78.5 - 92.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 230-270 (67.4 - 79.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Scald is used over Ice Beam on Politoed because it makes the likes of Azumarill weary of switching in, helps bluff a more defensive set, and is a perfectly accurate water move. Ice Beam could be nice for Dragonite, however it should be noted that it isnt necessary for Politoed to hit the L@tis as Sharpedo can beat them both with Crunch. Also, if i recall correctly Focus Blast and Psychic each do about 70% to Ferrothorn and Mega Venusaur depending on their set. Whatever their set is, Im pretty sure it's always a 2hko anyways. I chose 252 speed evs to speed tie Adamant Bisharp, however I wouldnt doubt there being a more optimal spread if you can find one.

Sharpedo @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Crunch
- Protect

I chose Aqua Jet over Ice Beam and Destiny Bond to beat Talonflame and take out weakened priority users and scarfed Landorus-T's after a speed boost. I find protect mandatory and waterfall and crunch are mandatory for obvious reasons. Not really much to explain here.

Now I know what you're thinking, specs Politoed didnt even get an analysis and Sharpedo is nearly unviable, but here me out. My thought process behind creating this core was that Politoed hits like a truck under rain and for obvious reasons it will always be under rain without any team support required. Therefore, Politoed will draw out the opponents water resists throughout the match and either heavily dent them or take them out with the appropriate coverage move (i.e. Focus Blast for Ferrothron; Psychic for Mega Venusaur). When the opponents water resists are worn down or knocked out I can then sack Politoed and bring in Sharpedo for the final sweep. With a specs Politoed, Sharpedo isnt outclassed by Scolipede, Mega Gyarados, or Swift Swimmers. Sharpedo hits harder than Scolipede with rain, slightly harder than Mega Gyarados (more importantly it doesnt need to take a hit to set up and doesnt take up a mega slot), and finally it functions well both in and out of rain, unlike Swift Swimmers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)