team awesome reporting for duty (AKA not a Heatran/Celebi/Dragon team)

I don't usually post RMTs but while I really like the way this team flows, it's got a couple bugs that I can't seem to iron out.

Gamma Wave (Togekiss) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP/104 Spd/152 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Air Slash
- Aura Sphere
- Nasty Plot
- Roost

Funny lead but it works, it often gets a chance to cause mischief against stalling leads. Baits sleep well from Gengar/etc, if something dangerous comes up I can always switch.

Nightfall (Gliscor) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP/200 Def/56 Spd
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Roost
- Stealth Rock

Sets up rocks etc. I was considering Taunt in the last spot, maybe I'll go with that, but Stealth Rock makes sweeping that much easier.

Desire (Blissey) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 20 HP/252 Def/8 Spd/96 SAtk/132 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Seismic Toss
- Softboiled
- Thunder Wave/Toxic

Put a bit more in Special Attack to hit dragons and ghosts, Thunder Wave because without status Blissey doesn't really work ;/ I've been trying Toxic too and aren't really sure which one to use.

Boomerang (Starmie) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 172 HP/216 Spd/120 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Surf
- Thunderbolt

Rapid Spinner, counters Gyarados and Infernape if I play smart, fairly standard. The only issue is once a pursuiter pops up, I run into trouble with said Pokemon.

Megatron (Metagross) @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP/52 Atk/196 Def/8 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Awesome. I don't know why more people don't use this. Takes sleep well and hits hard in return, if something not named Skarmory or Gliscor tries to outstall this MM will do its thing and I will win with multiple attack boosts on a defensive Pokemon.

Water Boy (Gastrodon) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 212 HP/44 Def/252 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Curse
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Rock Slide

Type coverage but more dangerous than people give it credit for, it can pull off a lot of good stuff late-game.

---------------

As far as issues the team needs work on: Mamoswine gives me trouble. I can predict around the Choice Bander most of the time but it's risky, the Curser is quite a bit harder to deal with. It also lacks speed except for Starmie but that's not too big of a deal I think, although Pursuit + Mixape sweep is gay and without Starmie I lose to other fast things.

Tangerine

Where the Lights Are
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I would honestly just go with Restalk Curse Swampert over Gastrodon - mostly because that way you're not totally screwed by the rare Toxic Zapdos that could take your entire team. (not that you should be that paranoid of it, it just seems to do very similar things, and Swampert is more solid defensively anyway) This way you also open up a slot, since Metagross no longer has to be *the* status absorber. Furthermore, Togekiss being your only form of real offense is sort of worrying, so I'd add something like Heracross or SDLuke in that slot over Metagross so it gives you offense, and ScarfHera can revenge kill if needed, and SDLuke can pick things off like Infernape who somehow managed to get past Starmie. Gyarados is also a nice option for this offensive gap - since it also handles Mamoswine most of the time very well. If you don't think you need the offense, you can always run something like Bronzong for a solid Mamoswine counter.

Furthermore, Rapid Spin isn't that necessary for your team. Togekiss can switch in and take hits even after Stealth Rock is down - it can take a thunderbolt from a Life Orb Gengar and such and KO it back. it's nice, but I can see Ice Beam being more helpful in the long run :|

Thunderwave is much more useful on Blissey, since Togekiss isn't exactly fast - it'll likely meet the end of it's sweep by being barraged by things faster than it.

Yeah I noticed the bit about offense too, I'll have to think what would work best there. Swampert isn't a bad idea, I don't usually like attackers with only one offensive move but I'll give it a shot.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
But it still has Blissey / Togekiss / Metagross, but that's besides the point.

There, suprisingly, isn't huge problems with this team. As said above, CursePert would probably do wonders for you. This will allow you to slap a Choice Band on Metagross or you could use AgiliGross since the team is somewhat slow. Rapid Spin is kind of useless on this team. If you still go with CursePert only Starmie and Blissey are really vulnerable and they both carry Natural Cure. So as long as you're not thrown into a Stall situation you're fine as far as Toxic Spikes go. The only thing I'd say that's scary is regular Spikes... Ice Beam would work well over it OR you could try Grass Knot as this would allow other Swamperts and any random Water type to be taken down easily. Still, Ice Beam is a fine choice.

I guess the only thing is is you're going to be thrown in a Stall situation against Zapdos since no one barring Gastradon can really pierce it (well so can Blissey but she's losing valuable Ice Beams and Seismic Tosses due to Pressure). Not a bad team otherwise.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)