Team BAMFs

This is my standard team. It focuses on bulk, as should be obvious.
So yeah.

Worthy of note: I'm not terribly confident in my EV distro's.

Slot #1
Metagross @Leftovers
Adamant/152HP/252ATK/104SPD
Bullet Punch
Meteor Mash
Hammer Arm
Stealth Rock

Notes: I admit (begrudgingly, because this setup was taken directly from the Strategy Pokedex) that this is probably the best Pokemon on my team. Sets up Stealth Rock, inflicts massive damage on most Pokemon (as well as OHKO-ing the omnipresent Magic Bounce Espeon with Meteor Mash) and sweeps without much trouble.
Kudos, Smogon.

Slot #2
Swampert @Leftovers
Brave/224HP/140ATK/72DEF/72SPD
Earthquake
Ice Punch (Avalanche?)
Scald
Protect

Notes: Alright, I'll come out and say it. This Swampert is a piss-poor attacker. He is usually forced out by an imminent setup or a typing disadvantage. He does, however, play an important role, one that could almost definitely not be played if not for his reputation as a powerful physical attacker. Scald has proven itself to be a true game-changer, fazing once-confident players into radically altering their course of action.

Reuniclus @Zoom Lens
Ability: Magic Guard (considering swapping in favor of Regenerator- Umbreon's Heal Bell is fairly easy to pull off)
Modest/116HP/224DEF/24SPA/144SPD
Psychic
Thunder
Focus Blast
Recover (will probably be swapped for an HP if Regenerator is favored)

Notes: This is probably the most you'll see me stray from Smogon's norms. This set takes advantage of Reuniclus' low speed for different reasons- to boost its covering power. Thunder and Focus Blast, notorious for their low accuracy, are given a wonderful boost with this set, giving our cytoplasm-encased buddy (fairly) reliable access to two of the game's more powerful special moves, and the covering power that comes with them.

Cofagrigus @Leftovers
Calm/204HP/52DEF/252SPD
Shadow Ball
Toxic
Haze
Will-O-Wisp

Notes: The quintessential crippling wall. Does a remarkable job of generally annoying most everything that it encounters. Preferred over Dusclops for its access to Leftovers and Haze. Toxic preferred over Rest mainly because I suck at manual recovery.

Umbreon @Leftovers
Impish/252HP/148DEF/108SPD
Wish
Heal Bell
Protect
Payback

Notes: ...and the quintessential Wish/Heal Bell supporter. Preferred over Vaporeon mainly because I don't like the idea of having two Water-types on my team.

Salamence @Life Orb
Naive/28ATK/228SPA/252SPE
Fire Blast
Earthquake
Outrage
Draco Meteor

Notes: Salamence will be, in my opinion, until Sheer Force for Landorus gets released, the best mixed sweeper in the OU metagame. High Attack and Special Attack are only half of what makes him so great- access to the moves that have been given to him (most notably Draco Meteor- I swear, that move was tailor-made to be abused on mixed sweeper sets) has sent his sweeping capabilities through the roof. Though I generally use Metagross as my lead (for obvious reasons) MixedMence makes a great alternative, particularly for the pesky Heatrans that used to Flamethrower my Metagross out of the dimension.

So, er, yeah. Thoughts?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)