Team Beautiful Decisions (UU)

EDIT: Sorry for the gigantic pictures, for some reason they will NOT resize >.<

Forgive the terrible team name, I was looking for something that sounded Engrish-y :)

Ok, so I've been using this team with some great success on the ladder in the previous metagame, and seem to have stalled at 1350 ish, so I want to know what to tweak because I’m kind of at a loss as to why I’ve stalled.

Art Garfunkel (Regirock) @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 200 HP/90 Atk/220 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Rock Slide
- Thunder Wave
---
Basically, this is my insurance against Moltres. HP grass is a 3HKO, and he survives long enough to put up SR or Rock Slide for a OHKO. He laughs in Ambipom’s face due to his extreme physical bulk, and can T-wave to make him useless. Against Uxie I usually T-wave, since a paralysed Uxie is extremely less effect in later game due to their tendency to switch in and out to soak up hits. Froslass rarely gets up any spikes, since Rock Slide is a 2HKO and most just use Destiny Bond after their sash is broken.

Deathstrike (Scyther) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 112 HP/216 Atk/180 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Aerial Ace
- Bug Bite
- Quick Attack
- Pursuit
---
The influx of Cresselia, Umbreon and, to a lesser extent, Alakazam to the UU metagame had necessitated a strong physical counter, all three had a Bug weakness, so Scyther found a place on my team. One metagame change latter and he is still proving his worth. Technician is one of the best abilities in the game and paired with choice band this poke, more often than not, does serious damage to all in it's path provided it's counters have been dispatched. Bug Bite and Aerial Ace are the bread and butter of this set, being boosted from 60BP to 135BP thanks to Technician and STAB. Bug bite destroys Psychics and Aerial Ace is the same story for Fighting and Grasses. Pursuit is there to deal with Ghosts and those who run at the sight of a Scyther, like Venusaur. Quick Attack picks off weakened foes, and gains a Technician boost.

Pak E Derm (Donphan) (M) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 52 HP/252 Atk/204 Def
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Assurance
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
---
Possibly the best Registeel switch-in in the UU game, thanks to his immunity to T-wave, ability to Rapid spin away Stealth Rock (a necessity that allows Scyther to switch in and out unscathed) and fire back with Earthquake for a 2HKO. Stone Edge is to deal with the flyers that so often try to switch in and ruin the party, and most, expecting a switch, try to set up only to be KO'ed in the process. Assurance deals with those pesky levitating Ghosts who see a chance to come in and set up as well. Expert Belt affords some added power to his moves without locking him into one, which could spell disaster if a ghost or flying type decided to come in on a CB'ed EQ.

El Viajero (Ludicolo) (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 HP/4 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Grass Knot
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Focus Blast
---
Everybody's favourite Mexican pineapple duck. Like Donphan, Ludicolo provides some bulky offense, being able to sponge well, tank reasonably well, and hit back with some boosted offense. Together with excellent typing and neutrality to Grass and Electric (the two main types used to deal with Waters) makes an all around amazing poke who doesn't get near enough love outside of Rain Dance teams. STAB Grass Knot dispatches most of UU's bulky water troupe with ease, with only Lanturn being a pest due to his low weight. It has the added benefit of 2HKO'ing Spiritomb, who can be difficult to take down if Donphan is removed or WOW'ed and 2HKO’ing Raikou, a pretty common switch in. Ice Beam deals with flying types and Grasses, the latter which has difficulty doing damage to him without a secondary poison type.

Alakazam (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Trick
- Signal Beam
- Focus Blast
- Psychic
---
Your standard ‘Zam. Only with a Life Orb. The drop in power means I don’t get locked into Psychic with an incoming Dark and get pursuit-ed to hell. Since it has no effect on darks, the opponent can’t see that I’m using a Life Orb, and before they know it they get a Signal Beam or Focus Blast. I’m still wondering if Life Orb is worth the drop in power for this, since Crippling Chanseys with Choice Specs and trick is great fun.

Karma Poliwag (Poliwrath) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 Atk/116 Def/4 Spd/136 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Brick Break
- Bulk Up
- Ice Punch
- Hypnosis
---
Previously, Slowbro held this spot, but it soon became apparent that removing one or two key pokes from battle left my team with somewhat of a Bug and Dark weakness. Step in Poliwrath, who resists both and takes up the mantle for the teams resident Bulky Water. Hypnosis sleeps common switch ins, and allows me to see what I have to deal with before I can bring him in again to set up. With a few Bulk Up’s under this guys belt, he becomes a beast, winning me more than a fair share of games. It’s just a pity he doesn’t get a better Fighting type move to abuse his STAB with, Cross Chop would go down a treat.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
So there it is. Feedback is mucho appreciated. I would just like to mention that I really dislike using the “standards” such as Venusaur, Milotic etc, so if your suggesting one Poke in place of another, keep that in mind. Even if they are the “best”. I just don’t see the point in playing if you’re using the same pokemon as every one else.

Also, could any one suggest a better EV spread for Ludicolo, something that would afford him some more physical bulk? There was one on the previous analysis, but its since been replaced with the new one, which kinda sucks.

Cheers for reading guys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)