Project Team Building Shop Redux [CLOSED FOR REQUESTS, BUILDING]

Status
Not open for further replies.
One interesting core I saw in the "good cores" is merga-Alteria and jirachi. Being that I recently got back into pokes, there have been a lot of competitive things that go completely over my head, however this dragon-fairy-steel core looked solid.
Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Wish
- Body Slam / Thunder Wave
- U-turn

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Roost
- Heal Bell
- Flamethrower

all right i got a mega altaria core im in dire need of help with.

cloud swag (Altaria) @ Altarianite
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 186 HP / 208 SpA / 116 Spe
Brave Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Fire Blast

Firebot (Heatran) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 212 SpD / 44 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Lava Plume
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

wash me (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Alright had to re-do this as i think it needs more detail soooo. This is a solid balanced mega altaria core i have. The trio defensively cover each others weaknesses greatly and cover most if not all weaknesses overall. Mega altarias spread as weird as it seems is as a bulky mixed attacker. The spread allows altaria to outspeed speed creeping heatran and ohko them back with earthquake. The set makes mega alts biggest problems (ferrothorn and heatran no issue) Next is tran who is the teams hazzard setter and wall. It covers all of mega altarias weakness and help deals with certain annoying mons. spread allows tran to speed creep a few mons. Rotom w serves as the glue to the core absorbing ground type moves for tran and take care of any other weakneses and burn em. Spread is for barely outspeeding azumaril that are jolly with max speed (Its a thing trust me). overall this defensive core gets ruinned by special walls named chansey. Overall this is to me at leasta very solid defensive core. Teamate wise i think the team can use a wallbreaker, physical sweeper and a defogger.

Edit: think im going to add more detail.

Last edited:
I tried building a bulky offense team around this core but it kept getting beaten by some of the newer faster megas like Lopunny and Sceptile, so I thought it'd be pretty sweet to see where you guys end up with it.

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 12 Atk / 240 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Rock Polish
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power / Psyshock
- Moonblast

Basically Mega Diancie is a fantastic cleaner due to magic bounce and rock polish, since it bounces back Prankster T Wave from Thundurus and the only priority it's really scared of is Bullet Punch and Aqua Jet. However it does get stopped cold by Ferrothorn, Jirachi, Scizor, and Heatran/Mega Venusaur and Amoonguss depending on the coverage.

This is where 4 Attacks LO Latios comes in. It draws in Ferro, Heatran, Scizor and Jirachi hoping to sponge the predicted Draco Meteor, then when they switch in they get nailed by the right coverage move. It also pressures Amoonguss and defensive Venu well because they don't like taking a Psyshock.

Prior to posting this here I tried pairing these 2 with TG RD Energy Ball Manaphy to pressure bulky waters that could take hits from either pokemon and threaten with Ice Beam or Scald, but it ended up with the team being way to weak to offense since I was lacking speed. Lemme know if you decide to build around this core, I'm really interested in seeing where it goes.

I'm trying to get a team going for ORAS for the first time, but I'm not too sure what other members to use.

So far I'm going for a Mega Lopunny, Dual Screen Magic Bounce Espeon, and Belly Drum Azumarill with these sets:

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Superpower

Espeon @ Light Clay
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Baton Pass
- Dazzling Gleam

Lopunny @ Lopunnyite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch

I'm a little worried about Mega Lopunny, because I like having the punches, but I don't want to waste any space on a move I don't need. And I was wondering about running an Adamant Mega Lopunny with a different moveset as well...

And after these 3, I have no idea how to build the rest of my team around them. I was thinking of getting a Stealth Rock user and maybe a status user. Any... advice?
I think I'm gonna add a Smeargle for setting up hazards.

I'm gonna use this set.

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 96 HP / 120 Def / 40 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Spore
- Magic Coat

I've also replaced Thunder Punch with High Jump Kick on Lopunny so I can have a STAB. I think I'm going to need something to replace Magic Coat... How's this look now? Any suggestions for my last 2 members?

I think I'm gonna add a Smeargle for setting up hazards.

I'm gonna use this set.

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 96 HP / 120 Def / 40 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Spore
- Magic Coat

I've also replaced Thunder Punch with High Jump Kick on Lopunny so I can have a STAB. I think I'm going to need something to replace Magic Coat... How's this look now? Any suggestions for my last 2 members?
Return is almost obligatory on any M-Lopunny. Remove Fire Punch, since you don't need it when you have unresisted dual STAB. You can keep Ice Punch for hitting things like Landorus, but you even could swap that out for a support move.

Return is almost obligatory on any M-Lopunny. Remove Fire Punch, since you don't need it when you have unresisted dual STAB. You can keep Ice Punch for hitting things like Landorus, but you even could swap that out for a support move.
Thanks. I see how Return helps more. Anymore advice? I've got hazards, now I need status and some other member, a tank perhaps?

Can someone build a team around the m-altaria/sd terrakion core? M-altaria seems like a really fun pokemon but I have had trouble building with it.
Altaria-Mega @ Altarite
Ability: Pixilate
Happiness: 0
EVs: 80 HP / 204 Atk / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Frustration / Facade
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Heal Bell / Earthquake

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Quick Attack

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
ok. before we move forward, i'm going to make a quick post so i can clarify the purpose of this thread since some people seem to be misunderstanding it. first off, rob., theender, and i are not here to modify and critique teams that you have already built. rather, we are here to build around mons / cores that you request we build around. while most of you have been good with following that implicit rule, i've noticed that at least one user (not calling anyone in particular out) has decided that they should ignore this rule and post their team here. the rmt forum is there for that purpose. use it. also, if you want us to build a team around your mon / core, actually post the sets you want us to use. this helps us get a good idea of the end result you want. /endrant

on a more formal note, i'm going to mark this thread closed for requests at the moment since there currently are more than 15 active requests. i'll edit the op with the built teams soon.

Um Trinitrotoluene, I've been using the brave bulky offense team, and I really do like it. However, I noticed that you said in the paragraph that latias offers defog support, but then you didn't put defog in the set... What should the correction be?

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
ptk98: oops. minor mistake on my pasting of the importable. sorry about that. to answer your question, you could run defog over one of roost or healing wish, depending on how aggressive you tend to be in battle. i personally run it over roost, but that's because i like having the ability to be a bit more reckless with my other team members; btw, i'm glad that my team is working for you :]

i edited my post with sets. so sorry about that. i see a few common weaknesses to the team (bisharp and ninja come to mind initially, with heatran, especially will-o/toxic/lava plume variants (read: most variants)), but i'm hoping that means it's easy to patch up with the remaining 3 pokes.

ok. before we move forward, i'm going to make a quick post so i can clarify the purpose of this thread since some people seem to be misunderstanding it. first off, rob., theender, and i are not here to modify and critique teams that you have already built. rather, we are here to build around mons / cores that you request we build around. while most of you have been good with following that implicit rule, i've noticed that at least one user (not calling anyone in particular out) has decided that they should ignore this rule and post their team here. the rmt forum is there for that purpose. use it. also, if you want us to build a team around your mon / core, actually post the sets you want us to use. this helps us get a good idea of the end result you want. /endrant

on a more formal note, i'm going to mark this thread closed for requests at the moment since there currently are more than 15 active requests. i'll edit the op with the built teams soon.
Note taken and post edited to not break the rules hope it can be built now :)

Forgive me for being late.

Pearl.
||

Lucario @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed
- Ice Punch

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight

Gengar @ Black Sludge
EVs: 8 HP / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sludge Wave

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Atk / 164 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Pursuit
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge

Latias (F) @ Latiasite
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 Spe
Bold Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Recover

Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Atk / 176 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Roost

Instead of Lucario + M-Charizard I went with M-Latias + Lucario. Mega-Lopunny was a bit of a pain which is why I swapped M-Charizard for the extremely bulky M-Latias variant. But you could replace Scizor with M-Charizard X and still have a team with the original core you posted. I added Gengar as well since you wanted a team with Gengar + Lucario. I needed to plug some weaknesses and I needed a proven defensive Pokemon so Clefable was the first mon added. I chose Unaware because setup sweepers like M-Gallade and M-Loppuny are extremely popular so Clefables ability to ignore their boost is important. Next was Tyranitar. It was chosen because it's a proven defensive mon that can fill a few supporting roles. Ttar traps Latias and Latios, it's a soft bird-spam check, sets up Stealth Rock, and provides defensive support. I chose Hex + Will-O-Wisp Gengar to pick apart stall teams, especially those that rely on M-Altaria. It's also great at spreading status which can be useful because M-Metagross, Scizor, and Azumarill could cause alot of problems. Scizor was thrown in as a secondary check to Fairy that wasn't weak to Rock, Ice, Steel, or Psychic. It provides much needed priority since the team isn't fast and it can double as a late-game cleaner. n_n!

lil luna

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Earthquake
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Thunderbolt

Heracross @ Choice Band
Ability: Guts
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Megahorn
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Facade

Landorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Rock Polish

Venusaur (Venusaur-Mega) @ Venusaurite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 22 Spe
Bold Nature
- Synthesis
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Fire Blast
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 100 SpD
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

VenuTran was a solid core from XY and it still is. M-Venusaur, Rotom-W, and Heatran share little weaknesses and they provide the necessary backbone for the teams offensive core. CB Heracross + RP Landorus is great. Heracross does a great job of breaking down a bunch of common walls such as Ferrothorn, Chansey, and Slowbro, along with a few others. Mid - Late game Landorus can take advantage of Heracross' ability to pressure the aforementioned walls with Rock Polish. Or you can choose to use Calm Mind and break walls alongside CB Heracross. Latios appreciates Heracross and Landorus' ability to beat its common checks (Azumarill, Ferrothorn, Heatran, Tyranitar). It's a daunting force when unchecked and given proper support. I still gave Latios Earthquake to lure Heatran but it can be used to hit Tyranitar and Bisharp if necessary.

estralita

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Thunderbolt
- Earthquake

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 244 HP / 252 SpA / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Baton Pass

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Stealth Rock

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Clefable (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Flamethrower

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Grass Knot
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm

Choice Specs Sylveon intrigued me and it turned out to be a great lure since most players assumed it was a special defensive variant. It did a great job of pressuring a few unsuspecting defensive mons like Mew and Rotom-W, two mons that could give M-Metagross some problems. M-Metagross isn't the best partner for Sylveon because they share some of the same checks/counters. But it's all good because M-Metagross is much more capable because it has some decent coverage options (i.e grass knot and hammer arm). I went for balance so I added Clefable and Chansey, two great defensive Pokemon that cover a quite a few threats. Keldeo was added because it does a great job of cleaning / revenge killing and picking off a few of M-Metagross' biggest checks. Latios thrives when its checks (Ferrothorn, Tyranitar, Heatran, ((some fairy type)) etc) are eliminated. Keldeo, Sylveon, and M-Metagross are more than capable of eliminating Latios' checks giving it free reign to nuke teams with Draco Meteor.

Phione

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet

Raikou @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 32 SpD / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

Talonflame (M) @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Earthquake
- Defog
- Roost
- Draco Meteor

M-Sharpedo is extremely strong, its only problem is that it only has one opportunity to sweep because it obviously can't take advantage of Speed Boost after it M-evolves. Instead of using Victini I chose Talonflame because it's much faster and provides much more utility because of its ability to abuse priority attacks. Jolly + SD + Sharp Beak so it can clean up alongside M-Sharpedo if need be. Clefable + Ferrothorn is a decent defensive core that works well. Assault Vest Raikou is a decent secondary check to Azumarill, Latios, Latias, and some other threats I can't think of atm. It's still pretty good offensively can does a great job of pivoting with Volt Switch. Latios offers several resistances while providing excellent offensive pressure. The team is okay despite being weak to a few common threats like Tyranitar.

n_n!!!!!! Challenge us with some more heat when the store opens, I'm sure ender and tnt are tired of seeing the same pokemon / cores.

Last edited:
Rob. ; you have wrong EVs in estralita's team in Keldeo. I assume you were going to HP Electric / Ice or sthg like that but you edited the set and didn't realize that. great teams :]

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Goodra

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Cloud Nine
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 28 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Roost
- Heal Bell
- Flamethrower

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 240 HP / 172 SpD / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Sludge Bomb
- Acid Spray
- Rapid Spin

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 248 HP / 36 Def / 224 Spe
Impish Nature
- Drain Punch
- Spikes
- Wood Hammer
- Leech Seed

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
EVs: 184 HP / 116 Def / 208 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock

Bronzong @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Def / 204 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Rest

Sableye @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
- Foul Play
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Taunt

Trinitrotoluene reached out to me to help you out with this one. Went ahead and built you a semi-stall team with the original M-Altaria, Tentacruel, and Chesnaught core you provided. The thing about stall is that you still need some sort of offensive pressure so you're not dependent on match-up so some of the EVs and a couple of moves are changed in a way to provide that such as Tentacruel hitting a speed jump point to outpace Jolly Diggersby and Chesnaught hitting up a jump point for BD Azumarill and to a lesser extent Rotom-W. Core at that point needed a rock setter that wasn't Lando-T since you didn't want that and would be able to cover some threats such as Thundurus, M-Diancie, the Zards, and Talonflame so I added in Hippowdon to provide that. The spread has a little more special defense to handle Char-Y a little more effectively something that the team sort of hates at the moment. From there team was extremely weak to most hard hitters that would hurt stall such as Mamoswine and Landorus. I originally thought about using Cresselia but it also comes down to being M-Gardevoir weak which is a big no no so Bronzong was able to fit in better. Colbur Berry is to improve your matchup against Pursuit Trappers which comes back to having some offensive presence so you're not completely floored by these, think Weavile, Bisharp, and Tyranitar. Last slot was a bit tough to choose but team sort of lacked any sort of stall-breaker along with being 6-0'd by M-Gallade at that point. I went ahead and added Sableye to remedy this a bit. Feel free to change whatever you would like as this is really just a foundation to go off of.

Max Fightmaster

Diancie @ Diancite
EVs: 64 HP / 16 Atk / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Rash Nature
- Rock Polish
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Moonblast

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Icy Wind
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Scizor @ Assault Vest
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 76 SpD / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Yache Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Raikou @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball
- Volt Switch

You provided mostly offensive sets so it was pretty obvious you wanted something more offensive in regards to playstyle with this build. The core right off the bat was weak to Bisharp, Gyarados, fast paced offense, and to a lesser extent Scarf Lando-T so went ahead and added Scarf Keldeo to alleviate that problem a bit. So from there you were pretty much weak to general Fairy types, Gengar, M-Gardevoir, M-Diancie, and a majority of bulky psychic types so implemented Assault Vest Scizor with a speed jump point to outrun standard M-Venusaur spreads. Rock Setter was needed and Lando-T fit the bill with Yache Berry to provide you some relief against HP Ice Thundurus, Weavile, Ice Punch M-Lopunny, and Mamoswine in the worst case scenario that you're forced to deal with those and to not over rely on Keldeo too much for Weavile and Mamoswine. You considered an answer to bulky water types before with TG RD Energy Ball Manaphy but realize that this adds on to Mega Diancie's Water weakness already along with decreasing the power of HP Fire on Latios to lure and beat M-Scizor, Ferrothorn, and Skarmory the targets of that move. In order to preserve the check to bulky water types I went ahead and added Choice Specs Raikou which helps with the biggest potential problem being Mega Slowbro. Shadow Ball is on Raikou for this particular build to hit Magnezone and M-Gallade a bit more effectively against it. Extrasensory can be used to make handling M-Venusaur a bit easier as well so see what preferences you have. Maintaining pressure through the use of grabbing momentum with the bottom half of the team will help in pressuring various builds you come across so know that much.

Jamel & SirDizzyIII

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Cloud Nine
Happiness: 0
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 248 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Earthquake

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Quick Attack

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

Starmie @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Reflect Type
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

Ferrothorn @ Shed Shell
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Impish Nature
- Power Whip
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed
- Spikes

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
EVs: 184 HP / 116 Def / 208 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock

Alright so you two had pretty similar concepts in regards to M-Altaria and you both provided two partners that naturally work together with M-Altaria so went ahead and consolidated this one. I kept Earthquake for M-Altaria so the set isn't so dependent on every Steel type being taken out before it can do anything. You have a status absorber in the form of Starmie and with Hippowdon + Magnezone blocking Thunder Wave and the two steel types blocking Toxic. Terrakion + Mag is what you both provided and kept it as such. Wasn't sure of what you guys had preference towards in terms of playstyle so just to be safe I kept it Balanced for consistency purposes. You have Reflect Type Starmie to remove hazards off the field, emphasis on hazard stacking offense, and status absorbing was previously explained. Gives you a water resist primarily a secondary Keldeo resist to pair up with M-Altaria along with Reflect Type to provide its usual traits of handling Bisharp in most 1v1 cases. Ferrothorn provides spikes support, checks to both Gyarados forms, and also has Knock Off utility to lure in Scarf Magnezones for M-Altaria to take care of with EQ or just Terrakion to clean it up with Close Combat. Knock Off also gives you an asset to remove Shed Shells on Ferrothorn and Skarmory for Magnezone to trap and eliminate and removing Life Orbs from various attackers such as Weavile and Thundurus. Hippowdon is the rock setter and more or less takes off a bit of pressure from Scarf Tyranitar from a defensive aspect, Gengar, Thundurus, for the most part the usual stuff Hippowdon is able to provide in terms of effectiveness so nothing too crazy with this one. Also if you're wondering why Starmie is at max speed and not the usual 224 that a lot of people run it's to Reflect Type on Scarf Magnezone to avoid reduce the damage from its Electric attacks.

Thread isn't open yet as far as I can tell so hold off on asking for cores in the meantime until they announce this. I'm also helping out with a couple of others so stay tuned.

Last edited:

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
with a new year comes some new changes, so for this year, i've expanded our little record label squad of 3 to include AM, the ou subforum's newest moderator and team tester for me and rob., and Halcyon., another user with a period at the end of his username one of the original members of this program back when nog was running it. with their additions to the squad and greninja's ban (which subsequently means that people who had greninja in their cores can now request another core), this thread is now open for requests :]

of course, this post wouldn't be complete without me actually posting a team, so xJownage, i have a mega gardevoir team for you.

paper faces (Gardevoir) (F) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 24 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Will-O-Wisp

collapse (Bisharp) (F) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 52 SpD / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Iron Head

1978 (Keldeo) @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Secret Sword

burner (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 192 HP / 208 Def / 108 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

always (Gyarados) (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 88 HP / 192 Atk / 4 Def / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce

move and focus (Garchomp) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Dual Chop
no, it is not the dungeonmaster's guide, and it is not my standard hyper offence. so, this team was a bit of an unorthodox way of exploiting mega gardevoir's and bisharp's ability to trash many common stall builds. since i had these two in place, i decided to include subcm keldeo due to its ability to completely demolish balance and exploit the duo's ability to remove mons like the lati twins that would otherwise stop keldeo's sweep short. since this core was weak to birdspam, i included a double intimidate core in landoge and gyarados, which provides the team with a secondary sweeper, a rocks setter, and answer to mons like mega scizor, excadrill, and talonflame. garchomp is here to give the team much-needed speed and a back-up cleaner to remove things once gyarados and keldeo are done. it also gives the team a semi-reliable answer to speed boosters. rock polish sweepers such as diancie and landorus are a little bit of a problem if you let them set up, but the offensive pressure and sub + boosting sweepers this team uses should keep them (and other sweepers) from setting up. again, this is just a quick team meant to exploit the wallbreaking prowess of mega gardevoir and bisharp's ability to remove the lati twins from play and as such, there probably is quite a bit that can be done to improve this team.

nicks come from lenzman's album looking at the stars. feel free to remove / change them.

i'll edit the op with the new teams soon.

Last edited:

silver97

GUNDELEROS WE DO THE PATTO DI SANGUE

Houndoom-Mega @ Houndoominite
Ability: Solar Power
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot
- Will-O-Wisp

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Sdef
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Power
- Icy Wind

I wanted to build a team around mega houndoom because i think it is a pretty good pokemon atm in this meta and i paired it up with another strong special attcker like keldeo which has good offensive synergy with doom.
Houndoom's set is nice because it aims to lure in its checks and counters, like ttar or azu, and cripple them with a burn and once they're weakened enough you can setup and clean.
Keldeo's set is standard choice specs, can be changed if you like.

Edit: oops didn't read the status, sorry

zbr

less than 99% acc = never hit
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
+
Houndoom-Mega @ Houndoominite
Ability: Solar Power
EVs: 40 HP / 8 Def / 208 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot
- Taunt

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot
- Sucker Punch
Personally, I've built a couple of successful teams with this core. However, they have all been too offensive. I want to see how well a balanced (leaning more towards bulky) offence team can be built using this core. :]

Last edited:

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Earth Power
- Calm Mind/Rock Polish

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Superpower
- Fire Punch
- Extreme Speed
- Outrage

The Diance+Zone core is really effective,zone traps all the steel types that annoy Diance, but they are weak to Landorus or any ground types. And my favourite mon is Dragonite, and I really like the Choice Band set. But I just cant make a team around these guys, I suck at building. So I would really like a Balanced team around this core, with hazard Control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)