Team centered on Scizor

Swampert @ leftovers
Relaxed
252hp 4atk 252 def
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

My lead. Sets SR and either Roars other leads away and scouts the other team out or kills the opponents lead off. Pretty standard.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Impish
240hp 160def 32spe 76sdef
- Wish
- U-Turn
- Thunder Wave
- Iron Head

Wish support with U-Turn. The more I've played this team the more I like the benefits of have Wish. Especially with my Tanks not have much healing moves of there own. The main inclusion of Jirachi is to keep Scizor going. My team is also running alot of Life Orbs so this help keep them all ticking.

Heatren @ Life Orb
Timid
4hp 252spd 252 satk
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power (Grass)
- Explosion

Scizor main protection against Fire. Main job is to take the fire atk and then drop boosted Fire Blasts with Life Orb on. When weaken it's time to blow up or even if a threat I don't want to deal with shows up.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Adamant
248hp 252atk 8spd
- U-Turn
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Super Power

The main offensive force of this team. Choice Band build to maximize damage. Pursuit to finish thing that is going to switch out on me. Super Power to down walls like Blissey.

Dragonite @ Life Orb
Mild
112atk 200spd 196satk
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Super Power
- Roost

Mixed Sweeper. Mainly used for taking down walls. Roost to help take Stealth Rock and anything it switches into.

Starmie @ Choice Spec
Timid
4hp 252spd 252 satk
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Thunder Bolt
- Grass Knot

Specs Starmie. Mainly added for coverage but I'm not really crazy about have this on my team. Looking to switch it out for something else really. Any ideas at what would fit in better would be great. Maybe using it as a spinner...

So thats what I'm using right now. I'd say I've found I've had the most trouble with stall teams that are using a ton of entry hazards. The inclusion of a spinner maybe. Any input on what I should work on or any major threats would be great. I've been tinckering with it for a few hours now so I thought I'd see what you guys thought.

For the starmie, I would replace Grass Knot with Psychic, just to give a wider range of type coverage, as you don't have anything super effective against fighting types.

psychic provides bad coverage, so don't go with that
maybe try life orb on starmie instead, so you can switch moves, and maybe replace grass knot with recover for a longer durability
other than that
not a bad team

I want to quickly change your Starmie set to the Life Orb set

Starmie@Life Orb
Timid
Natural Cure
4 HP 252 Spec Attk 252 Speed
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Hydro Pump
-Rapid Spin

Yes you Rapid Spin without Recover. Yes it looks silly. However, you have Wish from Jirachi to keep Starmie healthy, and now a Rapid Spinner capable of dishing out damage.

Now you say you have problems with stall teams, to counter this, I would use a Gliscor over Swampert and move Jirachi to lead. You keep your wish Support, can bluff a Scarflead set and can utilize the Stall-Breaker Gliscor
Set.

Gliscor@Leftovers
Jolly
Sand Viel

252 HP 40 Attk 216 Speed

-Earthquake
-Taunt
-Toxic
-Roost

You get to break Stall with Toxic and Taunt, Roosting when necessary and have a check against Lucario, since the rest of the team may have problems with Lucario.

For Jirachi in lead, I would remove Thunder-wave for Stealth Rock, and use 252 HP 80 Def 176 Speed Ev's.

Good luck with the team

i used to like dragonite. then i met salamence. salamence is alot better as a mied sweeper with higher offensive stats. the new mixmence is a good set capable of doing good damage to almost anything. also you can try and mix some moves togther e.g. hydro pump, fire fang/punch, draco meteor, fly. this is capable of hitting blissey, rotom, bronzong, skarm pert, hippowdon etc.

I was thinking about mixing Starmie up a bit with RS for clean si I'll try it out today. Anyone think that I have an overwhelming weakness to one offensive hazard. Someone mentioned Lucario but I have found I've had any problems.

6A9 Ace Matador

veni, vidi, vici, VERSACE, VERSACE VERSACE
your team looks fine, but use a different starmie, maybe hydro pump/surf, tbolt, ice beam and recover. this should help with your mixmence weak. ignore all the unoriginal babble being said by others imo. if you feel really stall weak you could consider expert belt mixed jirachi. iron head, grass knot, thunderbolt, fire punch @ ebelt. also helps you check lucario better which you are sort of weak to! (you have to rely on nite and bp from scizor)

TheFourthChaser

#TimeForChange
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
If your team is centered around Scizor why use a Choice Band set? You'll do more sweeping without being locked into a single move and you have a Specs Starmie, which has the possibility of attracting Pokemon that will lock themselves into Pursuit. Considering these two things I think you should try out a Swords Dance Scizor, here's the set,

Scizor@Life Orb/Leftovers
Adamant Nature
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/ 252 Speed
-Swords Dance
-Bullet Punch
-Superpower
-Bug Bite/Roost

Before I start talking about the set there is an alternative, if you want a bulkier Scizor using Swords Dance you can use the EV Spread your Scizor currently has with Leftovers over Life Orb and Roost over Bug Bite. This Scizor can find any easy time to set up thanks to all the Choice Scarf Tyranitar running around, Bullet Punch is an obvious move to have on any Scizor, Superpower does a hell of a lot of damage and can even help you take down Skarmory, Bug Bite is your secondary STAB and is helpful against mons like Swampert without having to use Superpower.

Your team also looks a bit Dragon Dance Gyarados and MixMence weak, for DD Gyara you can try a Choice Scarf over Specs on your Starmie to outspeed and KO with Thunderbolt. MixMence might be a bit more difficult for you, you can try your own MixMence over Dragonite but relying on speed-ties isn't the best thing to do. Changing your Starmie to an LO set will probably help the most since it can take on both Gyarados and Salamence while Ttar will still have to lock itself into a Dark move to take it out, Tyranitar isn't guaranteed a KO though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)