Team Cress

I decided to make a 2nd team for when I'm in clan wars and stuff.
I put together some pokemon that I though would work and I got this, But it feels like something is missing in this team and that's when you guys come in.

Crobat@Leftovers
104 HP 152 attack 252 speed
Jolly
Inner focus
U-turn
Brave bird
Taunt
Roost

I chose Crobat for a lead because it's one of the fastest Taunters in the game and has the abilty to scout and taunt and deal a bit damage at the same time. U-turn is for when I have to switch and it works for scouter and dealing damage at the same time while breaking their focas sash if they have one. Brave bird is for when I can finish something off or to just deal damage on something that doesn't resist it. Taunt is for that they won't try to setup on me. Roost is to regain Health when I'm low.
Infernape(Inferape)
Naive Life orb 252 Sp attack 64 attack 192 speed
Blaze
HP Ice
Close combat
Flamethrower
Grass knot
Well Mixape is awesome for late game sweeping Hp ice for dragons that try to get in the way. Close combat for stab and for blissey and heatren mostly. Flamethrower over fireblast since flamethrower has better accuracy and stab. Grass knot for water types and ground types. I ussualy bring infernape in on something i know i can outspeed and kill. Infernaoe ussualy always gets one kill in the game.

Cresselia
Bold leftovers 252 hp 200 defense 52 sp defense
Levitate
Psychic
Charge beam
Rest
Sleeptalk
Well cresselia is just the best wall ever in my opinion. Charge beam to possibly get a sp attack boost since cresselia's attack stats aren't that special. Psychic for ghost types and for stab and hit things that resist Charge beam. Rest to gain health and cure statuses. Sleep talk to deal damage while asleep since cresselia is very vulnerable while asleep.
Gengar
Timid Petaya berry 252 sp attack 252 speed 4 hp
Levitate
Shadow ball
Substitute
Thunderbolt
Focus blast
Gengar is one of my favorite sweepers it has a wide movepool and speed to go along with it that makes up a awesome sweeper. Well I put Substitute on this set for when I go into a locked move that I resist I could just sub up and see what they're gonna bring out or to just sub up and hit the petaya berry boost. T- bolt is for flying types or for pokemon that resist focus blast and shadow ball. Shadow ball is for Stab and to hit things hard. Focus blast is for the empoleon and heatren.

Flygon
Adamant @Choice band
252 attack 252 speed 4 hp
Levitate
U-turn
Earthquake
outrage
Fire blast
I was gonna choose this or a Choice scarfed Flygon. I chose A choice banded Flygon since a lot of people think all flygons are choice scarfed. Plus Flygon needs the power since it's attack is kinda stale imo. So U-turn is for scouting. Outrage is for Stab and to knock out a KO. Fire blast is for when I'm Stuck facing A scizor and I could just knock it out. I'm willing to change this since I'm not satisfied with Flygon.
Gyardos
252 attack 252 speed 4 hp
Adamant Leftovers
Intimidate
Dragon dance
Earthquake
Waterfall
Stone edge
I chose Gyarados for it's bulk and abilty to sweep with only 2 dragon dances which is pretty easy to get. Dragon dance is pretty obvious I think. Earthquake for neutral damage on things that resist stone edge and waterfall. Watefall for stab. Stone edge for opposing gyarados's and Sometimes zapdos.

I feel like something is missing in this team. Like stealth rocks a phazer.
I willing to change a lot of these pokes except cresselia since it's lke the whole defensive part in my team.

Bloo

Banned deucer.
Please add EVs for Flygon and Gyarados. Additionally, lengthen your descriptions for Crobat, Gengar, and Flygon, because as of now, they're quite short and close to violating RMT rule #3. If you fail to do this in a timely manner, I'll have to lock your thread.

Please add EVs for Flygon and Gyarados. Additionally, lengthen your descriptions for Crobat, Gengar, and Flygon, because as of now, they're quite short and close to violating RMT rule #3. If you fail to do this in a timely manner, I'll have to lock your thread.
Sorry about that I fixed it now or tried to at least.

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus
Even though some of the abilities for the Pokemon are known, it'd still be great to add them. Just so everything looks complete. You might also want to add how they benefit eachother, aka, how the teammates help eachother.

Hi ghetto blasta,

This is an interesting team you have. The first thing I notice right off the bat is that you don't have Stealth Rock on the team. In Gen 4, Stealth Rock is a very important move and really makes a huge difference in a team's success rate. To fix this, I would reccommend that you get rid of Cresselia in favor of Stealth Rock Swampert. In my opinion, Cresselia is a lousy Pokemon to use in this metagame infested with Scizor and Tyranitar running around. This brings me to my next point, and that is that you are very weak to Tyranitar. Nothing can switch into Tyranitar's powerful STAB Crunch besides Infernape and Tyranitar. Infernape is frail and wont be able to do it more than once and already loses a ton of health which will weaken its productivity. Gyarados is weak to Stealth Rock and Tyranitar's other STAB move Stone Edge, so playing guessing games as to whether or not you will switch in successfully is a bad plan. Hopefull Swampert should help with this aspect of the team too. Here is the Swampert set for your convenience:

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk
Nature: Relaxed
-Earthquake
-Ice Beam
-Roar
-Stealth Rock
I also noticed Petaya Berry on Gengar which looks totally out of place. In a metagame where trappers are everywhere and priority Bullet Punch easily picks of Gengar, I doubt that you will find enough time to make use of the boost. Plus, Gengar is affected by Sandstorm, and as such, it will have limited sweeping ability even with the boost. A quick and easy fix to this problem is to SubSplit Gengar. Here is the set once again:

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Sp Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Nature: Timid
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast
-Substitute
-Pain Split
This should also help you with dealing with Stall oriented teams as it's difficult for them to take out without use of a Scarfer. Aside from that suggestion, the only other thing I have to add is that you should use Choice Scarf Flygon instead of Choice Band. While the added power of Band is cool for some teams, yours could definitely benefit from a revenge killer shoud something set-up.

Good luck with the team!

Hi ghetto blasta,

This is an interesting team you have. The first thing I notice right off the bat is that you don't have Stealth Rock on the team. In Gen 4, Stealth Rock is a very important move and really makes a huge difference in a team's success rate. To fix this, I would reccommend that you get rid of Cresselia in favor of Stealth Rock Swampert. In my opinion, Cresselia is a lousy Pokemon to use in this metagame infested with Scizor and Tyranitar running around. This brings me to my next point, and that is that you are very weak to Tyranitar. Nothing can switch into Tyranitar's powerful STAB Crunch besides Infernape and Tyranitar. Infernape is frail and wont be able to do it more than once and already loses a ton of health which will weaken its productivity. Gyarados is weak to Stealth Rock and Tyranitar's other STAB move Stone Edge, so playing guessing games as to whether or not you will switch in successfully is a bad plan. Hopefull Swampert should help with this aspect of the team too. Here is the Swampert set for your convenience:

I also noticed Petaya Berry on Gengar which looks totally out of place. In a metagame where trappers are everywhere and priority Bullet Punch easily picks of Gengar, I doubt that you will find enough time to make use of the boost. Plus, Gengar is affected by Sandstorm, and as such, it will have limited sweeping ability even with the boost. A quick and easy fix to this problem is to SubSplit Gengar. Here is the set once again:

This should also help you with dealing with Stall oriented teams as it's difficult for them to take out without use of a Scarfer. Aside from that suggestion, the only other thing I have to add is that you should use Choice Scarf Flygon instead of Choice Band. While the added power of Band is cool for some teams, yours could definitely benefit from a revenge killer shoud something set-up.

Good luck with the team!
Thanks for the rate first of all.
For Flygon so true I figured it out in my last battle. ;-;
I ended up changing My lead crobat for a choice scarf lead Jirachi that way I won't have a 3 x weakness to psychic I believe. Jirachi Covers my Tyrantar problem with iron head. And for Gengar gonna defiantly try that I've heard so many good comments about that set

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)