Team Crusher RMT [UU]

Ok first of all I'd like to apologize. I'm pretty new here and I've made a few mistakes posting, I'd like to say sorry for that. This is my first created team and I've tested it. I logged 10 battles and wrote down the threats that were taking down my team or atleast giving me trouble. But without further ado, I'll introduce you to Team Crusher...

At a glance

In depth

Nidoking @ Focus Sash
Modest Nature
Poison Point ability
252 spA / 176 Spe / 80 HP
~Earth Power
~Thunderbolt
~Stealth Rock
~Taunt

~~Ok, I really don't know why more people don't use Nidoking as a lead. I found great success with him. Sometimes he even swept through 2 or 3 pokemon before being killed. I put a focus sash on him that way I wouldn't atleast be guarnteed to get a stealth rock in. Stealth rock is awesome, I don't need to go into all that. Anyway, taunt is always useful and sometimes I even used it before stealth rock, depending on the pokemon's speed. Earth power and Thunderbolt help out a lot. Thunderbolt is there for lead moltres and taking out annoying spirtombs.(Credit to IronBullet93)

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
Torrent ability
252 Atk / 228 Spe / 28 HP
~Dragon Dance
~Earthquake
~Ice Punch
~Waterfall

~~DD Feraligatr destroys. I swept through a lot of pokemon with this guy. I usually just go straight out there and use DD then follow up with whatever move be necessary depending on the pokemon. It's a pretty straightforward moveset. But I love it because it helps a lot, especially against Moltres and those Blazikens I found.

Houndoom @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
Flash Fire ability
252 SpA / 252 Spe
~Fire Blast
~Dark Pulse
~Nasty Plot
~Sucker Punch

~~My Houndoom did remarkably well. Fire blast completely dominates a lot of things. Especially when combined with nasty plot. Dark pulse is another great move because it gets STAB. Sucker Punch to take out late game threats and taking out Mismagius and and Alakazam.(Credit to Draco Zephyr)

Torterra @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
Overgrow ability
252 Def / 212 HP / 44 Spe
~Wood Hammer
~Earthquake
~Leech Seed
~Stealth Rock

~~Torterra is my tank. There's a couple of uses for him, and one being leech seed. It's pretty obvious that leech seed helps a lot, so thats usually one of my opening moves, depending on the pokemon. I also think it is important to have stealth rock up the entire battle, so if my nidokings stealth rock gets spun away torterra can put it right back up. Wood Hammer and Earthquake do great damage. Wood hammer did exceptionally well against a pesky lanturn i faced as well as a blastoise.

Clefable @ Flame Orb
Calm Nature
Magic Guard ability
252 HP / 152 Def / 100 SpD /
~Softboiled
~Thunder Wave
~Seismic Toss
~Encore

~~Originally I had clefable as my screen support and while it did its job it just pretty much set up screens and died. However, I'd found out later in battles how I wish clefable was still alive so that I could use seismic toss, etc. I realized Clefable wasn't being used to its full potential. However with this moveset, Clefable is awesome. It can Encore any sweepers, and T-wave a lot of powerful pokemon in UU. Its ability to heal up with sofboiled and dish out damage with Seismic Toss makes it a big tank. I really like this clefable moveset and build, and It's working well. Flame Orb is on there so that Clefable will very rarely suffer any other form of status hax. (Credits to Shnoogle).

Rotom @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
Levitate ability
252 HP / 252 Spe /
~Thunderbolt
~Reflect
~Light Screen
~Will-O-Wisp

~~Ok, with the loss of my screener, Clefable, comes Rotom. Originally Rotom was sent in to just throw down a sub, then charge beam, and then thunderbolt/shadowball as necessary. However, he did only ok. He works much better as my screener for my team. Also the ability to Will-O-Wisp anything that already hasnt been t-waved by clefable is really handy.(Credits to IronBullet93 and Shnoogle)

Threats I found/Troubles I had

Ugh, this one thunder-waving, healing, miltank bastard just annhilated most of my pokemon. I got lucky and crit it with a hidden power fighting from rotom and took it out. However between slowing down my pokemon and para haxing them with thunder wave and then healing whenever it got the chance, it was a major annoyance. The only real things I had to try and take it out was seismic toss and hidden power fighting, neither did that well. I got lucky, like I said.

Ok, after a speed up, I was boned. Between X-Scissor, Earthquake, and Superpower I just got raped. His pinsir swept through most of my pokemon, not usually OHKO'ing them but atleast getting them into the low percentage.

Life Orb Milotic just swept through most of my pokemon. Between the power boost and a good speed base I really couldn't do anything. With a hydro pump it could OHKO my Rotom and Torterra was just too slow to really do much...

Draco said that he thinks my team is very sun weak. This is probably very true because I never faced a good sun team in the rounds I played. The only time sunny day was ever involved was when some guy had a sunny day charizard as his lead. However, it was pointless because no other pokemon in his team took advantage of sunny day. Therefore, DD Feraligatr was able to finish him off after Nidoking got in a good Earthquake.

Thanks to all who help me make my team all the better. I went 7 - 3 in shoddy with this team, but I still believe that I can make it a lot better.

Any changes will be made in bold

This is the only other real problem that I had. It was just a basic sweep scizor that got its shit set up, and just raped me. It OHKO'd like all my pokemon. I couldn't even hit it because it was quicker than all my pokemon. I'm a little lost when it comes to thinking of a strategy against it.
Wait up a second. This is supposed to be a UU team, right? Scizor shouldn't be giving you any problems, it's banned from UU. That is, unless you're using a UU team on the OU ladder (which you probably aren't, because then you'd be weak to way more threats than Scizor).

I don't have time for a full rate, so this is all I have atm.

First things first - this team seems very weak to Sun. A simple SD Tangrowth (Swords Dance / Power Whip / EQ / Rock Slide) totally destroys your team, unfortunately. To remedy this and other problems your team will definitely have with late-game threats such as Rock Polish sweepers and Swellow, replace HP Flying on Houndoom with Sucker Punch. HP Flying does absolutely nothing for your coverage, and Sucker Punch would work as an excellent replacement, also ensuring kills against Alakazam, Mismagius, and other dangerous set-up threats. Make sure to switch your nature to Hasty, though.

in regards to that scizor problem, I have no idea. Haha
It actually crossed my mind at the time when we were battling but I simply disregarded it
I was doing unrated UU battles, so either someone screwed me over or they just regularly challenged me in the main interface of shoddy. Therefore not setting tier rules. And thanks for the advice on houdoom.

When you face pokemon like Milktank and Chansey that thunder wave anything that moves switch in to torterra and eat the thunder wave. They should switch out after that or hit them hard with a stab EQ. The best counter for Milotic at the moment would be Venusaur or Sceptile since Raikou has moved to BL

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hi,

This is a pretty solid team, and you have plenty of threats covered.

On your Lead Nidoking, I'd like you to try out Thunderbolt over Ice Beam. DD Altaria is uncommon, and Thunderbolt allows you to take on Lead Moltres, while also scouting its set and Nature. It also helps against Bulky Waters, luring them in, which could pave the way for Gatr to sweep.

On Rotom, try out Thunderbolt over HP Fighting. It provides you with a much more powerful STAB than Charge Beam. A super effective HP Fighting barely does more than a neutral Thunderbolt. It also gives you a way to defeat Dark types like Drapion and Spiritomb, who could stop your sweep.

Nice team, and gl.

Hi,

This is a pretty solid team, and you have plenty of threats covered.

On your Lead Nidoking, I'd like you to try out Thunderbolt over Ice Beam. DD Altaria is uncommon, and Thunderbolt allows you to take on Lead Moltres, while also scouting its set and Nature. It also helps against Bulky Waters, luring them in, which could pave the way for Gatr to sweep.

On Rotom, try out Thunderbolt over HP Fighting. It provides you with a much more powerful STAB than Charge Beam. A super effective HP Fighting barely does more than a neutral Thunderbolt. It also gives you a way to defeat Dark types like Drapion and Spiritomb, who could stop your sweep.

Nice team, and gl.
First of all, thanks, I'm actually thinking I did a little better at creating this team than I originally thought. However, once I replace charge beam with thunderbolt on Rotom, what should I replace hidden power fighting with? I was thinking maybe Pain Split, but then again that wouldn't necessarily be that effective with the build I have, atleast I don't think....

Just a quick post. I've actually battled this team before, and I have to admit that DD Feraligatr does its job well. It actually swept through my team pretty nicely, and I have been scared of it since. However, you lack a Spinner on your team, which might not that much of a problem. Also, I can see a potential threat to your team: surprisingly, another DD Feraligatr. It takes out Nidoking and Houndoom with Earthquake and Waterfall, and Torterra with Ice Punch. Still, I think this is a great team, and I hope that it continues to serve well in the rest of your battles!

Just a quick post. I've actually battled this team before, and I have to admit that DD Feraligatr does its job well. It actually swept through my team pretty nicely, and I have been scared of it since. However, you lack a Spinner on your team, which might not that much of a problem. Also, I can see a potential threat to your team: surprisingly, another DD Feraligatr. It takes out Nidoking and Houndoom with Earthquake and Waterfall, and Torterra with Ice Punch. Still, I think this is a great team, and I hope that it continues to serve well in the rest of your battles!
Thank you very much, yes I really enjoy this team. As far as an opposing DD Feraligatr goes, I'm not really sure what I'd do. Probably just try to get Rotom in there to do some damage, other than that I'm a little unsure. Thanks for raising my awareness though.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
First of all, thanks, I'm actually thinking I did a little better at creating this team than I originally thought. However, once I replace charge beam with thunderbolt on Rotom, what should I replace hidden power fighting with? I was thinking maybe Pain Split, but then again that wouldn't necessarily be that effective with the build I have, atleast I don't think....
Sorry I meant for you to replace HP Fighting with Thunderbolt. Removing Charge Beam kind of removes the purpose of the set:P

Just a quick rate, you said that just in case nidoking dies, torterra can set up SR, but i think that having one SR user on the team is enough, so i reccomend that you switch SR to stone edge to hit moltress on the switch.

I'd take out 100 EVs from Special Attack from that Houndoom and place them into attack to guarantee the OHKO on Dugtrios who are attempting trying to trap you.

Have you ever possibly thought about making Rotom your Screener and changing your Clefable to the standard Encore set to more easily set up pokemon like Houndoom and Feraligatr? (I actually use the Encore+Nasty Plot Houndoom Combination on my team and it does pretty well). You can find the Encore set here

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/clefable

It is the 1st set posted

Thank you both for the reccomendations. I have school here in a bit, so I'll have to come back and make the changes, but I think having Stone Edge is a great idea, because the more and more battles I play, there are a lot less spinners than I thought. As far as the Clefable encore set goes, I'll simply have to test today. I'll switch the two around and see what happens. My only concern is possibly rotoms sturdyness. But it's just a matter of trying it all out. I'll be back later with updates.

EDIT: This is an incredible change. Switching Rotom to my screener and getting encore tank clefable in there has helped my team out TREMENDOUSLY. My team is doing a lot better and winning a lot more now. I made the changes to the team in the original post. Thanks guys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)