Team Destructo Disk

Hello, There ladies and gents welcome to another RMT, today we are showcasing a team that I’ve had great success with. To, me it cover every possible sweeper in OU as Well as stops Set-Up Sweepers cold. Well enough of the rambling onto the team.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 120 Def / 96 SDef / 44 Spd
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
Well, the 1st member of the team is the ever so popular Rotom-W. I, went with the Pain Split > Rest cuz sometime knockoff can be a pain and then RestoChesto just doesn’t work for me. Rotom-W is one of my Checks to Talonflame And any other Physical Sweeper for Talonflame to come in and clean house. Hydro Pump and Volt Switch for Stab and the infamous VoltTurn core, Will-O-Wisp for Crippling Physical Sweepers and Pain Split for Recovery.

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 48 Atk / 212 SDef
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 SAtk
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Defog
- Knock Off
Next up, we have Scizor, Scizor was chosen because he can defog and is my check to most of the Fairy-Types running around OU. Scizor has been good ever since 4th Gen and there’s no reason to switch and with the Knock Off and Defog Buff I couldn’t pass that up. So Bullet Punch and U-Turn for Stab and Priority. Defog and Knock Off for removing Hazard off the Field and to remove Items from Pokes that can be a Pest.

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spd
Bold Nature
- Substitute
- Moonblast/Toxic
- Leech Seed
- Encore
Whimsicott, prolly the MVP cuz of Leech Seed stall. But he Whimsicott was chosen cuz he completes the FWG Core and he is a Fairy so he can come in on Dragon stuck on outrage and Proceed to Encore them into Outrage and or Proceed to Fire off Moonblast and Dent them or KO Depending on how low there health is. The EV Spread is Kinda Meh was testing out a new Spread besides the 252/252 Spread. But Sub,Seed, and Encore are just Standard and Moon Blast is for Coverage.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
Tyranitar, he was Chosen to counter Charizard Y cuz he is a Threat and he form well with Goodra if Zard wants to stay in and Fire off a SolarBeam in the sand. EV’S are fairly standard don’t fix whats not broken and it comes in handy with Sponging special atks. Tyranitar is also my checks to Latios and Latias. Cuz they don’t like Pursuit. Move standard SR for entry Hazards, Stone Edge and Pursuit for Stab and EQ to take care of Heatran may switch to Super Power but we’ll See.

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Roost
The star of the team. Talonflame is too good of a poke right now to not take on a competitive team. Its "Gale Wings" ability is incredibly strong and gives it a source of priority. Im pretty sure the speed number is unnecessary so if anyone could help me out there that would be great. Not much to explain about the set, pretty standard.

Garchomp-Mega @ Garchompite
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 Spd / 32 SAtk / 224 Atk
Naughty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
As Suggested i went with MegaChomp cuz he's a Powerful wall in the sand and he Fill what Goodra was doin, Cept Absorbing Spore and Seed, But i guess thats what whimiscotts for.

Last edited:
3 pokemon with leftovers on..........
There isn't an item clause on Showdown...

Edit: Sorry, I jumped the gun on posting this and forgot to give advice. On Goodra there isn't really a point to Sludge Bomb. The only grass type your going to hit with it is Venusaur, who is neutral to it, and Breloom, who is incredibly frail anyways. Most of the Fairys you'll face have really high SpDef, meaning Goodra takes a ton of damage for taking one out, and he still loses to Sylveon. I would switch it with either Thunderbolt or Ice Beam. Both are very good attacking types that provide excellent coverage. If you want the full BoltBeam coverage you could also switch Earthquake/ Dragon Tail for one of them.

Last edited:
Hey there David! Nice team you have here, but there are a few things that make this team less frightening than it could be.

First off if Bisharp gets a Sub/SD off on this team, it's essentially done deal. Nothing on this team an deal with a +2 Iron Head, Sucker Punch, or Knock Off well. The only decent counter you have is Whimsicott and Scizor, which even so, will get 2HKO-OHKO'd from a move. I think you should switch AV from Goodra to Tyranitar to get better overall bulk, as TTar is your only hazard set-up and most of the attacks that are super effective against it are special (Grass, Water). Next, you should probably change your Goodra to an offensive Lati@s as all Goodra is posing for your team is a small special offensive threat (Goodra doesn't have the best SAtk), where your other one is just Rotom-W.

A Lati@s set could be something like this:
Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse
- Thunderbolt/Psyshock/Defog
- Recover

Last, but not least, you should consider using the Standard CBand Talonflame set. That's all, and good luck!

Edit: Thanks, Viper, I always forget AV also blocks out attacks such as Stealth Rock :P

Last edited:
BurningFury, if his Tyranitar is the hazard setter it is an awful idea to give him the AV, since you can only use damaging moves with an AV on. I also think you should attach a choice band onto that Talonflame since he is your sweeper and you'll be bringing him on after his threats have been eliminated.
I also agree with BurningFury on the fact that you already seem to have a special wall in Tyranitar, hence making Goodra sort of useless. Personally I would suggest that you switch him for Mixed Wall Breaker Mega Garchomp, and make Scizor a non-mega with leftovers. This way you can remove the walls causing your Talonflame trouble, and have Scizor serve the same role, just without that slight buff to his defenses (somewhat taken care of by the healing provided by leftovers which I personally think is much more helpful than taking slightly less damage from attacks)!

Hey there David! Nice team you have here, but there are a few things that make this team less frightening than it could be.

First off if Bisharp gets a Sub/SD off on this team, it's essentially done deal. Nothing on this team an deal with a +2 Iron Head, Sucker Punch, or Knock Off well. The only decent counter you have is Whimsicott and Scizor, which even so, will get 2HKO-OHKO'd from a move. I think you should switch AV from Goodra to Tyranitar to get better overall bulk, as TTar is your only hazard set-up and most of the attacks that are super effective against it are special (Grass, Water). Next, you should probably change your Goodra to an offensive Lati@s as all Goodra is posing for your team is a small special offensive threat (Goodra doesn't have the best SAtk), where your other one is just Rotom-W.

A Lati@s set could be something like this:
Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse
- Recover

Last, but not least, you should consider using the Standard CBand Talonflame set. That's all, and good luck!

Edit: Thanks, Viper, I always forget AV also blocks out attacks such as Stealth Rock :P
What's funny is that I tested both Latias in this situation and as both did a fantastic job they just didn't fit right but as for Garchomp I will
Try him out and make scizor a non mega though that less bulk may be irritating but Mega Chomp in tha sand is very devastating. CBTalonflame was tested before sharp beak I loved sharp beak cuz you'll e spamming BB half the time and with beak it's easy to
Bluff the band them catches people off guard

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)