@ Life Orb *** Fire Fighter
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Mach Punch
- Fire Punch
- ThunderPunch
- Ice Punch

My favorite set from 5th gen, I stole Sheer Force Conk back a while ago from a friend of mine named Vega/Killer Sothe. After he wrecked me with it I posted it on the creative moveset thread and it was called inferior to the Guts+Flame Orb set. Who's laughing now >:] But seriously, this set is so good. With godlike coverage nothing can switch into this safely. I could run Drain Punch but meh, gen 5 is already over. Fire Punch was cool against Sun teams so I could 1 shot like everything. Mach Punch is cool for things like Terrakion and Lucario. Pretty decent mon.
-------

Krookodile
@ Choice Scarf *** Matches
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

The coolest croc makes an appearance as the mop of the team. This was the slot that was constantly switching to get something that fit the team most. ScarfTar worked well for a long time, but then Alakazam started getting some love (great mon btw), and I got wrecked because TTar is snail. I then switched to Scarf Scizor and that was trash, and then came to this after a friend of mine, Chomp29, suggested it. This helps me vs guys like Gengar, Starmie, and Alakazam because otherwise those guys would be really annoying to play around. It's pretty similar to Scarf Mence in that it just comes in late after everything gets <50% and just cleans up, except this guy can trap Starmie if it decides to spin too. There aren't a lot of things that could do this job, and Krook is definitely useful.
-------

Latias @ Leftovers *** Fire Engine
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 180 HP / 60 Def / 16 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Recover
- Roar

Latias is a really cool mon simply because it can run so many sets well, and this is IMO the best set. Roar Latias is so underrated in that it takes more of a backseat roll in the beginning, phazing and weakening stuff for hazard damage, and the just comes in later on one of its many resistances, sets up a CM or 2, and just DPulses whatever it wants. I ripped the EV's of Phillip7086's TormenTran RMT and they've been working pretty good. Latias is my main switch-in to CM Keldeo/Rachi simply because if they want to start a CM war and they don't know I have Roar yet, they're in for a big surprise. I also end up revenging most dragons with this guy. She definitely pulls her weight on the team.
-------

Jellicent @ Leftovers *** The Hose
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Psych Up
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Scald / Shadow Ball

Jellydad has been getting a lot more popular recently. In fact, one of my last changes was from Mew to this after Volcarona and Sub Keldeo tried to troll me. But ya, this guy is good for checking basically everything on Rain teams. A lot of people questioned the lack of Taunt but Jelly isn't fast enough to Taunt anything useful anyways. Psych Up, on the other hand, is useful for stopping stuff like CM Rachi or QD Volc. It's helps especially for Chesto Rest QD Volc and SubCM Rachi with Psyshock who would otherwise stomp this team. I've been switching from Scald to Shadow Ball on and off and I can't decide if it's useful to have just a strong utility move that people are afraid to switch into, or something to hit both Starmie and Lati@s decently with. Useful mon is useful.
-------

Skarmory
@ Leftovers *** Arsonist
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind
- Roost

Iron-o (hehehe) if I have any decent teams that lack the metal bird, but Skarmory is good. Standard Phys Def Skarmory is good for those dragons, Scizor, etc. It's mainly just here for the Spikes and it does its job. This guy is also a transition I use to get around a lot of stuff. For example, Terrakion requires switching between this guy, Jelly, and Conk. Alakazam/Latios with Psyshock take some switching with Skarm and Krook. In the earliest versions of the team I used to have Gliscor in this spot but the lack of Spikes was really a huge perk to this guy. There isn't much to say about Skarm.
-------

Blissey @ Leftovers *** WEE OOO!
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 24 HP / 232 Def / 252 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Softboiled
- Toxic
- Flamethrower

Pink blobs are on every team be it Blissey, Chansey, or Jellymom. And for good reason, as they are really good. A ton of people are telling me to switch to Chansey but I love Blissey to much. I just feel more secure with Leftovers, and FT is really nice for things like Ferro, Skarm, or Forretress who think they can set up on me no fear. It also helps vs Gengar who Chansey is setup fodder for. I also lack a spinner so Chansey is just overall worse than Blissey here IMO. Similar to Skarm this guy is a good pivot against a lot of threats. Most of the time if I'm not leading with Conk, I'll lead with this guy for the early Rocks (mostly because I'm so scared of Kyu-B and Gyara). It's also the only reason I don't get wrecked by Hurricane spammers (though they still hurt a bit). Blissey is Blissey and there is no replacement for it.

-------
Threats
-------
The 2 things I'm most afraid of are Taunt DD Gyara and Kyu-B. The only way to deal with Gyara is to tank a hit with Conk and kill it, but I have to keep Conk in tip top shape. If Kyu-B ever gets a sub, Skarm is taking a beating. Choiced sets aren't as bad because if they kill something with Outrage, I'll revenge it and it'll only get one thing. Another minor threat is offensive Starmie with TBolt simply because it can spin. But if it takes the risk of spinning it has a chance of getting trapped by Krook. Most other threats can be played around.

Last edited:

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hi there, so I'm here to rate your team.

I must say I'm pretty surprised this RMT didn't get more attention, because I actually think it's a really cool team. This team is generally a stallish kinda team, but utiltizes Scarf Krookodile and Life Orb Conkeldurr, which is pretty refreshing to say the least. However, apart from Gyarados and Kyurem-B, I think you're quite weak to a few more threats, and I'm going to try and suggest some changes that will hopefully help you.

So, as you said, Taunt Gyarados and Kyurem-B are threats, which is understandable as they are both designed to demolish stall teams. I actually see Volcarona being quite a big threat to the team also, as it beats Skarmory, Jellicent, Latias, and Blissey (if it's boosted by Sun, or is the Chesto Resto version). Tyranitar seems to trouble you a lot, as both Jellicent and Latias are trapped by it, while the only Pokemon that can really take hits is Conkeldurr, which is worn down easily thanks to no Drain Punch, lack of spinner, and Life Orb. I guess Skarmory is a decent check, but it's still 2HKOd by Banded Stone Edge. Breloom can potentially destroy this team, as it beats Krookodile, Blissey, Jellicent, and can hurt Skarmory and Conkeldurr. Your only check is Latias, which is solid, don't get me wrong, but having only one check to one of the best wall breakers in the tier isn't that great of an idea.

So, here are my suggestions.

Replace Skarmory with Ferrothorn. Ferrothorn is generally a much better check to Kyurem-B and Taunt DD Gyarados, mainly because it isn't weak to Fusion Bolt and has Power Whip. Ferrothorn can still set up Spikes for your team, as has very similar typing, while you still have a phazer in the form of Latias. Ferrothorn is also a much better general check to Banded Tyranitar.

Give Jellicent more speed. Being able to out speed Banded Tyranitar is crucial for your team, as you can out speed it and Will-O-Wisp it, crippling it for the rest of the game. Jellicent needs to run a minimum of 88 Speed EVs to out speed Standard Banded Tyranitar.

Also, you could use Garchomp over Conkeldurr. Although Garchomp on a stall team doesn't make much, I wouldn't say Conkeldurr does either, and you seem to have made it work, so maybe giving a Garchomp a try doesn't sound that bad. It still checks Lucario and Terrakion for you, while it also has the added benefit of checking Volcarona, Breloom, Tyranitar, and Kyurem-B. It just seems to fix all of the weaknesses to your team, so it's make sense on paper. If you plan to use Garchomp, I suggest running Heal Bell on Blissey over Stealth Rocks.

Anyway, in case you're intrested in any of these options, here are the sets.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 48 Def / 252 HP / 208 SDef
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Spikes
- Leech Seed

Garchomp @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 196 Def / 252 HP / 60 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Well there's my rate. Cool team man, and I hope my suggestions helped you.

If you're really in favor of the punches, why not go with an Iron Fist Golurk? If you ever do, consider this, just in case you don't want an Iron Fist Conkeldurr.

***Golurk***@ Life Orb
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Def / 4 HP
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Shadow Punch
- Drain Punch
- Fire Punch
- Thunder Punch

Shadow Punch: STAB, fainting **Ghost** and Psychic types, +It will **Never** miss
Drain Punch: Eliminate Fire, Rock, **Dark**, Normal, and Steel types while recovering good HP.
Fire Punch: Massacre **Grass**, **Ice**, and Bug types with ease. (Scizor = Dead)
Thunder Punch: Relentlessly punish **Water** and Flying types with no sweat.

In any case, Golurk will rule with an Iron Fist (literally), and you will be able to **cover all of Golurk's weaknesses**, in addition to 5 other types. With a low speed pokemon,
you may also want to consider a **Quick Claw** as that will help you. I hope this helps!

ShootinStarmie
Thanks for the rate :]

I haven't really noticed any problems with Volcarona since ChestoResto is so rare, but I get what you're saying. I can see Volcarona + TSpikes being dangerous. TTar hasn't been a problem either, but I can see CB Tar doing damage. As far as Breloom goes, I think I'll just put Sleep Talk > Fire Punch on Conk and call it a day. Latias has been enough for me.

The reason I think Skarmory is superior to Ferrothorn is simply because I use Skarmory as a pivot a lot. I just switch in, Roost, switch out, or something along those lines. And because of that, I switch in and out really often. The 2 problems I have with Ferrothorn are the lack of a 50% recovery move and no immunity to spikes. Leech Seed is decent recovery, if I stayed in long enough to abuse it. The biggest thing is the Spikes. Without a spinner, I really love not caring about Spikes on this team since I lack Rapid Spin.

The reasoning for Jellicent is good, I'll try that.

The Garchomp suggestion is really, really interesting; mostly because I can use Heal Bell on Bliss (which would be soo helpful).

One thing I've been testing was Psych Up on Jellicent, and it's been pretty effective.

Bandid
Thanks for the rate!

I feel that Conk is really doing work on the team atm. Thing with Conk is the lack of Mach Punch and no Sheer Force (the classic gg coverage).

Bump.

I tried out Garchomp, and although it helped a bit with CB Tar and let me put Heal Bell on Blissey, I found that the lead matchups Conk provided me with along with Mach Punch were really missed. SR on Blissey is also way easier to set up than on Chomp.

Jelly is going to change to Psych Up since it's so helpful vs CM Latias, Non-Thunder CM Rachi, and QD Volc. The Jelly sweeps are pretty humorous.

I've also been trying LO Weavile > Krook and it's been decent. It can still come in late and clean up and it gives me extra insurance vs Dragons (y u no get Ice Fang Krook).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)