Team Fortress 2 - Join us at #lol

This game used to be fun back in the day. Used to play competitively as well. But what with school becoming more intense as I go into my major and Valve selling out and creating new items without restraint I just can't bring myself to replay this game. I remember it being so fun though.
It's probably a good idea that you're not playing due to school, but the last few updates have been bugfixes and Valve are rolling out a giant performance patch in the future, so it's not just ALL new items.

it had bugfixes? valve fix bugs? what?
and there are scripts that do all sorts, including rocket jump scripts, scout dodge scripts, quick scope.
i have played demoman with many hours, there is only so fast stickys can be detonated manually, there are scripts to do it faster, look on the TF2wiki ;)

anyway, i dunno i think it is getting stale tbh, valve seem to be getting lazy when they add things (kill icons etc) and they fixed the kritz activation sound... but that is broken as well

This game.

This is the reason why I haven't visited the forums in a week
Agreed

The only scripting that goes on is those textbinds that make pub players mad.

Also, for a different topic, what do you lot think of the following weapons (in terms of overpowered/underpowered/balanced/entertaining/bullshit):

- Natascha
I've never had a problem with Natasha. It seemed weird how quickly everyone went from saying it sucked to overpowered
- The Sandman
I lived with the pre-classless update Sandman for a grand total of 3 weeks. I'm not annoyed by it much at all
- The Wrangler
Under constant engineer vigilance, it's annoying, but the fact it requires certain down times hinders it to the point of being relatively balanced.
- Crit-a-Cola
I've never seen it used efficiently. I wish I have.
- Mad Milk
An interesting sidegrade, but the lack of pistol seems to balance it out in my eyes
- The Battalion's Backup
Not very useful at all.
- The Fists of Steel
A really interesting weapon, but nothing a melee weapon can't resolve
I will also now flaunt my backpack

Well, I picked up a dupe Fists of Steel and a L'Etranger.

I also have a Coupe' Disaster.

Looking for a Flipped Trilby (bestest hat ever) and a Scottish Resistance.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I haven't even played in like a month so I don't even know what the newest batch of items are. :(

I haven't even played in like a month so I don't even know what the newest batch of items are. :(
SgtWoodsy's Guide To The Australian Christmas Items For Idiots

• Boston Basher: Upgrade, equip immediately after obtaining
  • Candy Cane: Pretty bad, good in Medieval Mode
  • Backscratcher: Good for Backburner Pyros and Medieval Mode
  • Loch-n-Load: Pathetic
  • Ullapool Caber: Hilarious
  • Claidheamh Mòr: Pointless
  • Demoman Set Bonus: Pointless
  • Brass Beast: Underpowered
  • Buffalo Steak Sandvich: Occasionally useful
  • Warrior's Spirit: Funny, but melee-only Heavies will like the Steak + KGB more
  • Fists of Steel: Overpowered and annoying
  • Heavy Set Bonus: Terrible
  • Jag: Upgrade, especially as you can kill Spies with your Shotgun
  • Crusader's Crossbow: Gimmicky
  • Amputator: Somewhat useful
  • Medic Set Bonus: Very useful, but bad primary

candy cane has no drawbacks in medieval mode

it's worth noting the caber has no self damage while using the sticky jumper...allowing you to do hilarious stuff like jumping into the middle of the enemy and hitting the floor causing splash damage to everybody, while you using the height from the explosion to airstrafe and make your getaway

medics shouldn't be firing their primary weapons anyway so i actually like the medic set. especially as a comp player, when i die i blame the scouts, not my needle aim. i won't attack a scout who caught me off guard unless he runs in a straight line, and in that case i think the crossbow is on par with the syringe guns

i thought valve fixed the stickyjumper+ullapool :/
and the jag? an upgrade? making spys bleed is far better.
and the brass beast is underpowered? it almost hits as hard as the scattergun

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Anyone been playing around in Medieval recently? I do think it's a fun side game and I've found a server with generally good players. I think a review of classes is in order.

Scout: Use milk, bonk and crit can also be used but they aren't as useful. If you have the entire milk set use it, the health bonus is really too good. Sandman has it's uses and if you're good with the basher it can destroy people even if you're defending the last point.

Solider: I don't see this one as often, the horns can still be used. I think the soldier needs a new close combat weapon that doesn't encourage them to always kill themselves. I suppose it's possible to keep absorbing damage, running back with EQ then using the horn, but I've never seen it.

Pyro: Get the rake get the rake get the rake. The powerjack doesn't have crits, and the gas set bonus for some reason also makes 10% more melee also. I main him here and I was trapped in the door at B where two heavies were attacking me, I killed both and then killed everyone on point. Godly.

Demoman: Behold the most spammed class in this mode. Charges can be regularly heard across the map. The longer reach of the swords is also great. Claymore hasn't been very useful for me, unless you really need the health. Use the axe when defending the last point and stay alive.

Heavy: You'd think fists of steel would be useful since they are like knight armour but lol no. KGB is the way to go here, the buffalo steak tends to be seen a ton to get rolling but I think the chocolate could be a nasty surprise.

Engineer: Uh, well, gunslinger gives you extra health, and the three hit crit is, kinda cool. Honestly don't use this guy, unless he gets wooden sentry ballistics or some useable secondary in this mode he's useless.

Medic: There is a reason they labelled his set the medieval medic. Use it, taunt to heal, (the amputator is a straight upgrade, I think he should get crits when taunting or something!). Your primary doesn't always suck, remember this.

Sniper: Seeing tons of play here, and the little nooks and crannies in the castle and the only good shooting weapon it's no question why. No jarate stinks, but the shields have their use and already this guy is too good. Flaming arrows are go.

Spy: Spy-checking is a mixed game, you can't be shot but people melee everywhere. If you can get into the castle then you will have a sniper buffet. Having only the knife as a weapon does stink though.

norulz

excellent
Natasha - useless
what????
sandman - buggy to say the least
how?
wrangler - makes enginners think they are something they arn't
hi im a sentry with 900 hp and increased fire rate im the blissey of tf2
crit-a-cola - rubbish
good agaisnt vs. saxton hale / headless horseless horseman i guess but bonk > crit-a-cola
mad milk - overpowered as hevay hitters heal so much health
not much to say here, the set makes the scout have 150 hp which is a lot
battalions backup - handy
better than the buff banner
fists of steel - gimmick
good in medieval but thats it

I bought stuff from the Mann Co. Store.

I feel so...dirty.

As a side note, I'm trading a can of Pink Paint. Looking for metal, keys or hats.

natasha nerf has spoiled it, i prefer brass beast.
sandman ball seems to stun when the ball lisses, stuns for too long sometimes (yes i know about distance, but being stunned for a good 2-3 seconds at a distance i do damage at is dumb)
wrangler enginners have a habbit of pretending to be snipers
fists of steel is horrible in medieval mode.
on the mad milk, play a soldier ro demoman and hit someone covered in it, i got 121 from a point blank DH

the highlander team i run is having its second preseason game today, and its first actual game. unfortunately our smogon representatives sgtwoodsy and seven deadly sins could not be here to smash the russians so i will win in their stead

the highlander team i run is having its second preseason game today, and its first actual game. unfortunately our smogon representatives sgtwoodsy and seven deadly sins could not be here to smash the russians so i will win in their stead
And then it turns out the language barrier got the better of us and, therefore, they couldn't play, so we're moving into the American division instead so this never happens again.

Fun!

been playing a bunch more tf2 lately and getting to the point where i can usually top my team in my favourite servers. i think my soldier is just about ready to start playing competitively again :s

gonna jump into some tf2 lobby i think, jyyeah :D

been playing a bunch more tf2 lately and getting to the point where i can usually top my team in my favourite servers. i think my soldier is just about ready to start playing competitively again :s

gonna jump into some tf2 lobby i think, jyyeah :D
http://i53.tinypic.com/2dl0sjc.jpg

Yes you were pretty good, I hate good snipers.

the fuck is a medieval mode
You've probably googled this by now, but basically it's a mode where each class can only use melee weapons and certain "old fashioned" weapons such as the huntsman.

o i didnt realize you were from smogon nomad, i think i remember the name. i dont play sniper at all though, i was probably just fucking around with my friend

what the fuck modified cp_yukon i have my ozfl game tonight on cp_yukon do i have to play the new one or what aaaaaaa what if my soldiers have to rollout differently and i follow them and i end up on the other side of the map unable to heal the demoman :(

DOUBLE CROSS IS THE MOST DISGUSTING MAP IN THE GODDAMN GAME WOW
2dustrush, man. 2dustrush.

Anyways, hurry up and add me people, I need friend-based achievements ;-;

Also I require my ego to be massaged by having friends with random internet people

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)