ORAS OU Team from Ruby

Hi there! This is my first team for ORAS. Originally the team was based from my game in ruby all the way back. Specifically the team is focused on Salamence.

Salamence @ Lum Berry
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

The EV spread is to maximize both Attack and Speed and deal a lot of damage. Naive Nature for the boost in speed. The set up is simple, as long as all the checks for Salamence is gone, one DD and Outrage would sweep the opposing team. With the help of moxie, Salamence Attack increases for every mon it has fainted, increasing the chance to sweep. Lum Berry to cure for the confusion, or any status effect that would be inflicted on Salamence. Earthquake and Fire Blast to take out the pesky Steel (and to an extent, fairy) types that resist Outrage.

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- Rock Polish
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake

My other ruby Standard and Anti Fairy. EV spread to maximize attack and speed. Originally, I was using Focus Sash to survive from flamethrower from Clefable, but as suggested by zCheshrye , Mega evolution does wonders. Jolly Nature to boost speed. Zen Headbutt and Meteor Mash for solid stab moves. Rock Polish to increase speed and sweep. Earthquake for other steel types.

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Originally, Toxicroak was my choice, but after trying out Bisharp, he really is a beast. A standard Bisharp set, EV spread and nature to maximize speed. Black glasses is the preferred item since it gives a decent attack boost with out the recoil.

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 240 HP / 48 Def / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam

My tank. Slowbro can take a lot of hits and also dish out significant damage. EV spread based on Offensive tank Slobrow. Leftovers for hp recovery. Scald for the STAB attack and possible burn. Fire Blast for Ferrothorn and Ice types. Ice beam for opposing dragons.

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Superpower

Replaced Garchomp for Mamoswine to reduce the stress against Fairy types. Max EV spread for attack and speed, and 4 special defense and with thick fat to take on fire blasts. Moveset for standard Mamoswine and with life orb to really do damage.

Sableye @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 132 SpD
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Knock Off

And lastly, replaced Gyarados with Sableye. Taunts, burns and removes items. Recover to last long. Sableye's role is to cripple the opposing mons so that my mons can sweep.

Suggestions please!

Last edited:
Hey there really cool team you got there!

1. I would replace salamence for draginite because mence isn't really good in ou, also draginite has mutlitscale which makes kinda of a bulky sweeper eating up hits and getting a dragon dance
>

2. Your metagross should be mega metagross instead of sash meta, sash meta isnt good in ou. I would make mega if I were you (can't get mega sprite)
3. Then, if I were you I would replace toxicroak for something else like bisharp since toxicroak isnt that good in ou rn.
<

4. your slowbro should run thunderwave over fire blast.

5. For your garchomp I would run fire blast or toxic over crunch.

6. for you gyradoes i would run life orb over muscle band.

Here the sets for the changes of your team.

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm
- Ice Punch

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Hope these changes help you :)

Last edited:
Hey there really cool team you got there!

1. I would replace salamence for draginite because mence isn't really good in ou, also draginite has mutlitscale which makes kinda of a bulky sweeper eating up hits and getting a dragon dance
>

2. Your metagross should be mega metagross instead of sash meta, sash meta isnt good in ou. I would make mega if I were you (can't get mega sprite)
3. Then, if I were you I would replace toxicroak for something else like bisharp since toxicroak isnt that good in ou rn.
<

4. your slowbro should run thunderwave over fire blast.

5. For your garchomp I would run fire blast or toxic over crunch.

6. for you gyradoes i would run life orb over muscle band.

Here the sets for the changes of your team.

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm
- Ice Punch

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Hope these changes help you :)
Thanks for the suggestion man, but even though Dragonite might be better, I'd pick Salamence over it any day. And Fire blast on Slowbro does wonders, gets 1 hit KO against Ferrothorn.

Edited team to reflect changes.

Also I would change Saybleye aswell for something else like hazard removal starmie since your weak to hazards (salamence is)

I don't have time to give you a proper rate but right off the bat I'd say it's probably a good idea to replace Superpower with Stealth Rocks on Mamoswine just so you at least have some hazards on your team. He's kind of a terrible rocker since he struggles to find switch in opportunities and would rather fire off a powerful attack but it has more utility than Superpower, especially on this team.

Something like Empoleon can do both, but it adds more weaknesses. Probably you should swap out at least another member to compensate. Maybe Gliscor to tank Electric/Ground/Fight moves?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)