Team Help/Suggestions

Alright, I've been testing this team out, and it's worked pretty well so far, but I want to hear your suggestions.
Here's the team:

Mamoswine @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly
Stealth Rock
Icicle Crash
Ice Shard
Earthquake

This Mamoswine can take out almost any lead, than safely set up stealth rock. Problems it runs into: Max Speed Jirachi, Ferrothorn (If icicle crash doesn't make it flinch), and Scizor.

Zoroark @Focus Sash
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 4 HP, 252 SpAtk, 252 Spe
Nature: Modest
Nasty Plot
Night Daze
Flamethrower
Focus Blast

This is a fairly standard Zoroark, and it is modest because it'll still outspeed most other pokemon, and it'll packs a little more of a punch than timid does.

Metagross @Occa Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 128 HP, 252 Atk, 128 SpDef
Nature: Adamant
Meteor Mash
Bullet Punch
Earthquake
Zen Headbutt

It has no speed EV because with only 70 speed, Metagross would never be outspeeding much, and it also lets it wall Gyro Ball better. I put no EVs in Defense because with base 130 defense, it's gonna be able to take a hit or two, so i put the evs into Special Defense. Bullet Punch is to beat focus sash users or weavile.

Kingdra @Lum Berry
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly
Dragon Dance
Outrage
Waterfall
Yawn

Kingdra has swift swim instead of sniper because with the introduction of drizzle politoed, many people have rain teams, and this is a great counter to rain. I couldn't decide on the last move, so I used Yawn to act as a pseudo haze, and force a switch and a free dragon dance.

Accelgor @Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
Nature: Timid
Toxic
Bug Buzz
Substitute
Recover

Accelgor, a very rarely used pokemon, works great and can counter pretty much any non steel/poison pokemon. This set is basically to stall, and Hydration will help with that if drizzle is in effect. The EVs also allow it to OHKO any Reuniclus that doesn't have max SpDef. The HP EVs also allow it to use substitute well.

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
Nature: Modest
Thunder Wave
Thunderbolt
Psychic
Focus Blast

The only thing that really sets this apart from other Thundurus' is the Psychic. With a modest nature, and a life orb, Psychic can easily OHKO Conkledurr, Machamp, and most other fighting/poison pokemon. It isn't Timid because with thunder wave, it'll be outspeeding most everything. The only real problems it has are with Excadrill in sandstorm.

I am completely open to suggestions, so tell me whatever you think i should change about the team.

Stealth rock weaknesses: Accelgor and Thundurus
Fire weaknesses: Accelgor, Metagross, and Mamoswine

I believe Accelgor is the weakest link in this team because he adds another fire weaknesses and he is weak to the omnipresent stealth rock, and as you said he isn't used that often, probably because his defense stats are pitiful.

many people have rain teams
Not too many though. You probably shouldn't use swift-swim Kingdra unless you have a damp rock user to back him up. A much bigger worry in this metagame is sand teams and Excadrill.

For Kingdra, try Chesto Berry and replace Yawn with Rest. Rest clears any status while Chesto Berry wakes up Kingdra and won't heal other status' that Rest will clear anyway. That way you can set multiple DDs, Rest and then Sweep. I don't why you're trying to counter rain teams? Sand teams and Sun teams are just as dangerous if not more since Sand Rush and Chlorophyll aren't banned. Hope this helps :)

You can't just say 'this is a good Pokemon, let's add it to team'. Every Pokemon should accomplish a specific role. What I'm getting is...

Mamoswine beats some leads. He can use Stealth Rock.

Zoroark outspeeds most Pokemon.

Metagross takes minimal damage from Gyro Ball (is that really a worry with Steel/Psychic typing, 130 base Def, and 128 HP EV?!?).

Kingdra can defeat Rain Teams. You have trouble choosing moves.

Accelgor counters like 90% of all pokemon (not true at ALL?). Accelgor can stall (also not true at ALL?). He has 252 Spec Attack EVs for only Bug Buzz (and it STALLS?).

Thundurus can OHKO Conkeldurr and Machamp.

Basically what I'm asking is... How do these Pokemon synergy, in both typing and strategy? Do they?

You need a rapid spinner if you expect to switch in Thunderbro more than 2 times, yet you also need a check to Excadrill. Pokemon like Hitmontop and Donphan are pretty choices.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)