Team Hull yeah Jumpluff (ou rmt)

Team Hull Yeah, Jumpluff. An OU RMT....Also Starring Hitmontop

I was researching obscure Pokemon to build a team with then I stumbled across Jumpluff and first i was like "rotflol" and then i realized it had a beast speed stat and access to some of the most amazing support moves in the game. Encore, Sleep Powder, and Stun Spore (which is ehh compared to t-wave but gets the job done). I was immediately inspired to make this team.

So please rate, suggest, make comments etc, I have been testing it on shoddy and I've came across mostly positive results. I noticed I've had a big Zapdos weakness/ any other flying type because no one on my team carried Ice beam or Stone Edge.

I originally had A dual Screener Rotom as my 6th slot but I desperately needed ice beam as my team almost got sweeped by zapdos, Right Now it's Cresselia but I was also considering Starmie for the last slot, or maybe even blissey. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

So anyway

Starting off we have

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
252 atk/ 80 hp / 176 spe
Jolly

-Stealth Rock
-Iron head
-Wish
-Trick

I had recently been running Healing Wish over wish, however; I'd been noticing that the most important members of my team were being killed off too early and I wasn't able to sacrafice Jirach because i still need him for various reasons (resistances, etc) so I chose wish. However, if I do go with Bliss I can change this to another attacking option, possibly thunder punch or something. Pretty simple concept though, hopefully set up stealth rock and trick scarf onto something bothersome, Wish is for team support. Pretty standard stuff.

Hitmontop @ Leftovers
252 atk/ 252 hp/ 4 def
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant

-Close Combat
-Rapid Spin
-Sucker Punch
-Mach Punch/Stone Edge

I think Hitmontop is an absolutely amazing Pokemon in general and makes an amazing rapid spinner/ anti-spin blocker. Intimidate is great for walling purposes, and Hitmontop's natural bulk coupled with his decent attack stat coming off of a close combat is just amazing. Sucker Punch deals with any ghosts who switch in, provided they don't try and burn Hitmontop (have to watch out for the Rotoms but usually by that point in the game im familiar with their sets) Mach Punch is great for revenge killing but I'm thinking about changing it stone edge to cover the flying types that frequently switch in on Hitmontop (ie Zapdos) suggestions on this??

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
252 spa/ 252 spe/ 4 atk

-Fire Blast
-Dragon Pulse/
-Earth Power
-Explosion/ Hp Grass

Hetran has two purposes on this team. First he's great for revenge killing a lot of Pokemon and dealing with annoying steel types that plague this team. Second, he makes a great lure for earthquakes which allow me a free switch into Jumpluff who then wastes no time status abusing or using Encore. Oh yeah, and did I mention Heatran also has great synergy with my other sweeper salamence? No? Well he does. At first I didn't want to use Heatran because I was looking for a Pokemon who could boost its stats on a free turn but Heatran's resistances were just too good to pass up. I was originally going to use Magnezone as he's more effective for removing Scizor which is a problem for my team but I needed a Pokemon who would attract earthquakes but not annoying fire type attacks coupled with them, as it would cause me to have to predict more when switching in Jumpluff, so I pretty much had to go with Heatran.

Salamence @ Lum Berry
252 atk/ 252 spe/ 4 hp
Jolly

-Earthquake
-Fire Blast
-Outrage
-Dragon Dance

I Initially saw this set posted by phili on his Megazord rmt and fell in love, Lum berry is amazing on Salamence often buying a free switch in or an extra turn of setup on a Pokemon like Blissey (without Ice beam of course) The only problem i've been having is that in order to keep up with the fast offensive pace of alot of the more offensive based teams, I'm forced to have Salamence Lock himself into Outrage Far too early which is why I ended up choosing Wish over Healing Wish because usually my Salamence ends up dead early in the game (My team doesn't really like Scizor very so I'll take any chance I get to put a dent in him. ;) ) So I'm thinking of perhaps using the Mixmence set instead, though I like the idea of having a setup move, because of the free turns Jumpluff provides. Also in the event Salamence does manage to setup, which happens quite frequently as well, It does usually wreck opposing teams.

Cresselia @ Light Clay
252 hp/ 148 def/ 40 spdef/ 68 spe

-Reflect
-Light Screen
-Ice Beam
-Moonlight

Gives me necessary Ice Beam coverage and allows me to damage fliers such as Zapdos and also hurt Salamence. Reflect and Light Screen Support for my team isn't exactly 100 percent necessary but it does keep them around alot longer, because outside of Jirachi's wish none of them have any form of healing move. I've never actually tested this set with the team so I don't know how it is going to work yet, I was just wondering if maybe better suggestion could be made at a glance without me having to waste countless hours wracking my brain on what to put in this slot. I was also considering a standard bulky starmie perhaps with Reflect over rapidspin since i already have a spinner. Starmie could also potentially sweep once blissey is removed as well as bulky water types and which heatran does a great job of removing providing i opt for hp grass of course

and finally the star of the show...

Jumpluff @ Leftovers
252 spe/ 252 hp/ 4 atk
Jolly
Ability: Chlorophyll(not that it matters lol)

-Stun Spore
-Sleep Powder
-U-turn
-Encore

I love this Pokemon for so many reasons, and I encourage anyone to try it out its just amazing. Most players don't even know how to handle jumpluff and with its meager stats in pretty much everything but speed, its suprising how many hits this little guy can take, even if they're non-resisted. The strategy here is pretty simple, I use hitmontop to make sure SR is off the field as well as those annoying ghosts who like to thunder wave and blissey too, of course. I use jumpluff to come in on resisted attacks or attacks i know won't harm it too much and than proceed to "bring the pain." Most people don't switch out so I usually encore first if they had used a supporting move or an earthquake or sleep them if they used a damaging move then depending on how i judged their playing style, i'll either U-turn to my set up Pokemon (Salamence) or stay in and stun spore they're next switch in, which is usually a faster pokemon that they think will outspeed it effectively crippling two of their pokemon for the price of one. This thing is just a beast. I absolutely love it. Hands down one of the greatest status abusers in the game (as long as it doesnt miss!!!! but even if it does it usually has the bulk to take another hit).The biggest problem i've run into is it being my last pokemon and having no reliable attacking move accept U-turn so I was thinking about maybe giving it an attack but I dont know which to give it so suggestions are appreciated there too.

So anyway yeah I hope you like my team, I'd post a threatlist but I figured I'd let people comment first and suggest any changes before I do that because the only real threats I've found this far have been flying types as well as gliscor. And I've been trying my best to fix that, but im sure there are other huge weakness that expert raters can point out that I've failed to notice. SOOOOO ANYWAY...............................................................................

Plz rate and comment....thankyou <3

I love Jumpluff too:) Memento is especially great in Ubers.

Um, this is going to be very quick, but the two biggest problems looking at your team are Scizor and Tyranitar. Scizor you mentioned - Salamence with Fire Blast goes some way to helping but even so it takes a huge pile from CB Bullet Punch (AND its uber now, so replace with a Dragonite, or now I come to think of it, Flygon would actually fit better). Tyranitar too, since although Hitmontop is safe, Cresselia, Mence, Heatran and Pluff all get KO'd.

Something interesting I'd suggest, since you also seem to like unorthodox stuff and were considering Healing Wish on Jirachi, is Lunar Dance Cresselia. You might need to replace something with a more consistent sweeper, but LD Cressy is a constantly underrated set which is, at least until it gets more common, probably its most effective. Read its analysis:)

haunter

Banned deucer.
Salamence is Uber now, so you need to replace it with something else unless you want me to move this thread in the "other teams" forum.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)