Team "Insert cool and creative name here" First UU RMT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team Spirit Blaze First UU RMT

Ok this is my first UU RMT thank you for rating and reading :3 ( hopefully the descriptions are long enough)

THE LEAD

Spiritomb @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 244 HP/48 ATK/12 SPE/204 SATK
Nature: Quiet
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power (Fighting)
- Pursuit
- Shadow Sneak
Details
When I made this team I wanted try something different for a lead, not just some run of the mill leads like ambipom but something you don’t see as often. I actually was looking at the rest talk set when I first checked out spirit tomb but when I was testing an earlier version of this team I saw spiritomb as a lead and decided id give it a try. In a word, it was awesome! I love this lead and it’s got to be one of my favorites in UU. It has shadow ball for STAB, HP fighting for normal leads like ambipom and kangaskahn, pursuit for u-turners, and shadow sneak to finish fat leads of before they get the chance to attack.

THE MONKEY AND THE RABBIT THING
(CHOICE USERS)

Primeape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs:32 HP/252 atk/224 spe Nature: Adamant
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Punishment
- U-Turn
Details
This Moody Primate is my revenge killer. When making this team I kinda overlooked this guy because he was NU but he makes an exelent revenge killer. He has CC for stab ice punch for pokemon like venasaur and altaria, Punishment for switching in rotoms and to get damage on cress, and finally U-turn for scouting and getting the heck out of there if things look bad. His ability is also useful EX( like lets say a venasaur is out I could switch in to this guy when he sleep powers then ice punch next turn)

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 240 HP/252 ATK/16 SPE
Nature: Adamant
- Aqua Jet
- Double-Edge(CURRENTLY TESTING SUPERPOWER)
- Ice Punch
- Waterfall
Details
This Oblong Rabbit (or whatever it is) is My Choice Bander. When making this team (using this phrase a lot lol) I noticed that I didn’t have a water type. So with its typing, HP, and ability, I decided to try this guy out. Aqua Jet is for finishing off pokes that I couldn’t finish off with other moves because of its speed. Double-Edge for awesome damage, Ice punch for grass types who try to switch in, and Waterfall for STAB.

THE WALL BREAKING CHICKEN

Blaziken @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 ATK/ 252 SPE/ 252 SATK
Nature: rash
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power (Grass)
- Super Power
- Vacuum Wave
Details
This Blazing Chicken is my mixed attacker. When testing an earlier version of this team I seemed to always get stopped by walls. So I decided to get a wall breaker for this team. Fire Blast is for STAB, HP grass is for walls like Slowbro,Quagsire,and Rhyperior. Superpower for normal types like miltank and for massive damage, and vacuum wave for finishing off walls that may heal next turn. Its ability is also useful for will-o-wisp users like Weezing (EX like if I have azumaril out and weezing switches in on the phys atk I’m pretty sure what’s coming. So I switch into Blaziken to absorb it and other fire attacks.

THE SPECIAL ATTACKER

Rotom @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/ SPE 252/ SPA 252
Nature: Timid
- Charge Beam
- Hidden Power (Fighting)(CURRENTLY TESTING THUNDERBOLT)
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
Details
I had made an (again) earlier version of this team and my sp attacker used to be houndoom but now that I have blazikan and had discovered the problem of pesky rapid spinners I decided to kill to birds with one ghostly stone. Usually I switch in on an attempted rapid spin and sub on the switch. Then Ill use charge beam (unless that’s not a good match up) to raise my sp attack then use either shadow ball for STAB and if the Pokémon is weak to ghost or hidden power fighting for normal types switching into shadow ball.

THE STEEL BACKBONE

Steelix @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP/ 4 ATK/ 252 SDEF
Nature: Careful
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Stone Edge
Details
For my phys wall I choose Steelix. When making this team I saw that a lot of my pokes benefit from entry hazards, and I still needed a phys wall. So again, two birds one stone. EQ is a must for massive damage, SR for an entry hazard, roar is for after I set up to get stealth rock damage on everyone. And stone edge for flying types like altaria and switching in moltreses. His typing is both helpful and a bit bothersome. On the down side he has a lot of weaknesses whose types are common on teams ( water, fire, ground) that really hit hard on this guy but my team has done a pretty good job so far switching in it absorb/deflect these types of moves. On the upswing, it’s immune to electric attacks and can switch in on an electric type or a supporter that is going to use thunderbolt or thunder wave.

Aaaand that’s it <3 please rate and help improve my team. I’m not very good at team building, but I have to say that this is the best team Ive made so far! (Yea I’m a noob lol) (PS: In the descriptions i may make mistakes about typing and stuff like that if so feel free to correct me live and learn after all)

CHANGES IN BOLD

First of all Azumarill is a mouse. Just thought I would throw that out there.

I would give Steelix a Sassy nature and Gyro Ball >>> Stone Edge. Also, make sure it has 0 Spe IVs.

Spiritomb wants Leftovers >>> Spooky Plate. And I would drop Shadow Ball for Pain Split, so it can heal off stuff like Chansey or other things with a ton of HP.

I would give Steelix a Sassy nature and Gyro Ball >>> Stone Edge. Also, make sure it has 0 Spe IVs.

Spiritomb wants Leftovers >>> Spooky Plate. And I would drop Shadow Ball for Pain Split, so it can heal off stuff like Chansey or other things with a ton of HP.
Its a mouse!? well i guess since marill looks like a mouse... ah whatever
anyways I think Ill try the gyro ball-sassy idea with steelix, but Ill stick with shadow ball on spiritomb I tried it with painsplit for a couple games but whenever chansey came up i could easily defeat it with azumarill and/or primeape and blaziken

Actually it is a (aqua)rabbit. ^^

Stone Edge can fit Steelix just fine. There is no need for Gyro Ball since you have Earthquake as well (Gyro Ball is often used if Steelix has only 1 attack move).

Actually it is a (aqua)rabbit. ^^

Stone Edge can fit Steelix just fine. There is no need for Gyro Ball since you have Earthquake as well (Gyro Ball is often used if Steelix has only 1 attack move).[/QUOT

Ok thanks! I would have tested the gyro ball thing but somethings up with the smogon shoddy battler server atm EDIT: errors fixed now

Any other suggestions anyone?

RP Torterra rapes this team after Steelix is gone or has taken enough damage to be OHKOed by EQ. It outspeed Primeape by 1 point and OHKOs with Wood Hammer/EQ. Wood Hammer also OHKOs Azumarril, while AJ manages 34.4% - 40.5% to Terra. Wood Hammer OHKOs Spiritomb, and Rotom. EQ decimates Blaziken while VM manages 29% - 34.4%. I guess you can sack Spiritomb for some Shadow Sneak damage, but only manages 14.8% - 17.5%. If you can get max damage on all of those, Torterra only manages to OHKO one of your pokes before dying to LO damage, but thats really risky. So thats why I recommend placing 224 Speed EVs to outrun RP Terra, and have 32 Hp evs.

RP Torterra rapes this team after Steelix is gone or has taken enough damage to be OHKOed by EQ. It outspeed Primeape by 1 point and OHKOs with Wood Hammer/EQ. Wood Hammer also OHKOs Azumarril, while AJ manages 34.4% - 40.5% to Terra. Wood Hammer OHKOs Spiritomb, and Rotom. EQ decimates Blaziken while VM manages 29% - 34.4%. I guess you can sack Spiritomb for some Shadow Sneak damage, but only manages 14.8% - 17.5%. If you can get max damage on all of those, Torterra only manages to OHKO one of your pokes before dying to LO damage, but thats really risky. So thats why I recommend placing 224 Speed EVs to outrun RP Terra, and have 32 Hp evs.
hmm... interesting. Ive never been swept by a torterra with this team but I see your point. Ill try this ev spread on primeape and see how it goes

any other suggestions anyone?

Nas

Banned deucer.
Hey K9gamer, nice team you have here but I have a few suggestions that I think will help you. First off, I would suggest you bump up Azumaril's speed to 88 Spe EVs. This will ensure you outrun all minimum speed Clefable, and the odd Donphan that runs enough to outspeed it as well. I also recommend that you replace Double Edge with Superpower. Superpower hits Milotic for the same amount of damage as Double-Edge, but without the recoil. Superpower also hits Clefable, Registeel, and Umbreon for super effective damage. You may think think that the attack drops are not worth it since Milotic can just outstall you, but she can take your Double-Edges and Recover off the damage until you've taken enough recoil damage to be finished off by a HP Grass anyway.

Hidden Power Fighting on Rotom is only necessary in OU, but in UU you can drop it for Thunderbolt. A super effective HP Fighting will only have 140 base power, whereas a STAB Thunderbolt will have 142 base power. So for the most part, the mons you'd be hitting super effective with HP Fighting (Chansey, Registeel, Regirock, Clefable, Umbreon, etc) will be hit harder by Thunderbolt anyway. Steelix of course is the one exception, but pretty much every other member on your team can defeat it one-on-one so it shouldn't be too much of an issue. I only have one last nitpick; I'd definately change Blaziken to a Rash nature, the extra points in defense will help when taking physical priority moves.

GL :)

Hey K9gamer, nice team you have here but I have a few suggestions that I think will help you. First off, I would suggest you bump up Azumaril's speed to 88 Spe EVs. This will ensure you outrun all minimum speed Clefable, and the odd Donphan that runs enough to outspeed it as well. I also recommend that you replace Double Edge with Superpower. Superpower hits Milotic for the same amount of damage as Double-Edge, but without the recoil. Superpower also hits Clefable, Registeel, and Umbreon for super effective damage. You may think think that the attack drops are not worth it since Milotic can just outstall you, but she can take your Double-Edges and Recover off the damage until you've taken enough recoil damage to be finished off by a HP Grass anyway.

Hidden Power Fighting on Rotom is only necessary in OU, but in UU you can drop it for Thunderbolt. A super effective HP Fighting will only have 140 base power, whereas a STAB Thunderbolt will have 142 base power. So for the most part, the mons you'd be hitting super effective with HP Fighting (Chansey, Registeel, Regirock, Clefable, Umbreon, etc) will be hit harder by Thunderbolt anyway. Steelix of course is the one exception, but pretty much every other member on your team can defeat it one-on-one so it shouldn't be too much of an issue. I only have one last nitpick; I'd definately change Blaziken to a Rash nature, the extra points in defense will help when taking physical priority moves.

GL :)
Wow, Thanks for the great rate!:toast: Ill test what you've suggested, change blazikens nature and see how it goes :3 ty again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)