Team Invincible! (OU with movesets that are probably UU worthy as well)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my team that I created and tested often. The theme is mainly just Stayin' Alive!

Smeargle (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Transform
- Trick
- Spore
- Fling
---
This guy is the best lead in my opinion. I took the idea from smogon but i altered it a little in order to fit my needs. There is a formula for how it works. first i trick in order to cripple the main lead with choice specs since most leads don't use special attacks. then I use spore because they will usually switch out the pokemon locked into something such as stealth rock. then once I spore the pokemon, I then transform into another pokemon which is presumably strong because once the sleep clause is activated they realize that its safe to switch it in. fling is there just in case I accidentally trick into another choice item and i just want to get rid of it. I'm not sure about it though because it doesn't really do much good.

EDIT--
I should also mention that if I expect a toxic spike lead i immediately use spore because toxic is very bad for a team such as mine.

Umbreon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP/2 Def/164 Spd/92 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Wish
- Toxic
- Baton Pass
- Mean Look
---
This is a basic set for umbreon. I usually just use it for Toxic spreading or wish passing. this guy also gives smeargle another breath because i usually keep it alive due to the useful nature of tricking. I also use it for lookpassing sometimes, but that doesn't happen often.

Electivire (M) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Motor Drive
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spd
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch
- Thunderpunch
- Cross Chop
---
This guy does really well which was surprising to me at first. Not many people expect that Electivire has this very simple movepool that I created and later discovered on Smogon (I guess im just a genius). Due to the fact that it lands many supereffective hits, i gave it an Expert belt. I'm not sure about the nature though. I wanted Electivire to last longer, so I gave it a Def boosting nature, but im not sure if i want a speed boosting one instead or not. Electivire works very well with my Skarmory, but more on that later.

Ludicolo (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 210 HP/132 Def/168 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Leech Seed
- Rain Dance
- Giga Drain
- Surf
---
This set although it looks bad, works very well. Depending on the situation, i use leech seed, rain dance, or giga drain. If my opponent is likely to switch out i use leech seed or rain dance depending on my mood. But if I trappass a Rhyperior or another type, I use giga drain if it has low hp or surf. The reason why this set is so good is because it works both as a sweeper or as a bulky water type or even just to spread leech seed. I opted to use swift swim because giga drain healing helps more if its faster. in the rain, surf is also boosted so that's another reason for swift swim. I'm not sure if i should use damp rock or leftovers. leftovers helps with bulkiness and damp rock helps with extended swift swimmage. I'm also not sure about the ev's.

Gengar (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 190 HP/252 Spd/62 SAtk/4 SDef
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Shadow Ball
- Mean Look
- Hypnosis
- Dream Eater
---
This gengar I'm not sure about. It works amazingly sometimes, but other times its just a flop due to the poor accuracy of hypnosis. how it works is first using mean look on a pokemon. Then hypnosis. The focus sash is just in case for gengar dieng in the mean look round. Then I gain back hp by using dream eater. Umbreon also helps this by taking over the mean look round and wishpassing if gengar's focus sash is gone. Shadow ball is also a prediciment for me because I have no idea what to do with wishing Blissey's, but also, if i get rid of that, then i have no way to defeat psychics. I think this gengar needs a better ev spread also. That would probably boost its effectiveness.

Skarmory (M) @ Shed Shell
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP/112 Def/46 Spd/100 SDef
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Roost
- Protect
- Whirlwind
---
Although it may seem as though this set is made for walling, that is hardly the truth. The main purpose for this skarmory is to scout for electric type moves that electivire can use for motor drive. this strategy is based on the predictability of the metagame's strategy of keeping electrics for gyarados and skarmory killing. I chose shed shell for the item purely for magnezones because the strategies are based on skarmory escaping. Whirlwind is for getting rid of stat uppers because those became a very big problem for my team. protect is there for scouting, but I would like an attacking move somewhere in there because when skarmory is alone, it's useless.
except maybe for spike whirling... heh heh

that is my team. please give thoughtful comments and don't immediately tell me to change the pokemon if you just don't like them.

I'm not going to replace anything or make completely new movesets. But I'll say what I noticed.

Fling seems pretty bad. If you used Trick already, you can't fling a choiced item. If you try to fling later, you might as well Trick, unless your opponent has 6 Choicers/reads you everytime.
Transform is iffy, but if it works.

+Def is pretty useless on your Evire spread. 171 def without. 188 with. It won't add much bulk imo.

I just don't see Ludicolo being effective. It just seems very random. But if it works cool.

Mean Look. I'm not really sure on it. It doesn't seem like you will have a ton of effective options to pass to. You have nothing that uses set-up (bar Skarmory).
Dream Eater is also sort of wishful thinking.

I'm sorry I probably didn't help much. I'm not even sure if this will remain open.

Reverb

World's nicest narcissist
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Your Smeargle is a gimmick
Smeargle (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Transform
- Endeavor
- Spore
- Stealth Rock

Use this set so you can get move entry hazards (SR) up. All Smeargle was doing was being deadweight. Next order of business ditch Umbreon and Ludicolo since the former has no place outside of BP Chain and the latter has no place outside of Rain Dance teams. I would put in a Mixmence and a Scarf Jirachi since they have good synergy. Also, Mence is an amazing sweeper and jirachi assures you that dd Gyra and various Mences don't bitch you around...and give Evire Adamant so it hits harder!

Overall, good creativity! Although I feel like you are using gimmicks, I don't feel this team can be sucessful in its currect form...

Smeargle would be better off with Scarf than Specs, and SR in the last spot is better, too, though more gimmicky things like Destiny Bond or Lunar Dance may be useful. The set Reverb posted is also probably better, but Scarf sleep certainly has a number of uses in the lead slot.

Mean Look passing is certainly useful and can be very devastating if properly pulled off, but you need something that can set up on the trapped mon. For this, I'd strongly recommend Taunt on Umbreon over Toxic. This prevents your opponent from Roaring you out, setting up itself, or statusing the incoming sweeper. Payback over Wish may be warranted, so you have an attacking move. As for what to pass to, DDGyara is probably a good choice, and can go over Ludicolo. However, keep in mind that Umbreon draws Scizor in like a bug light, which is why your next pokemon is there to keep the analogy apt.

Magnezone should replace Electivire. I'd say Scarfzone would be preferred. A dry pass from Umbreon when Scizor switches in means Scizor will just roll over and die. Lucario also likes to set up on Umbreon, which is why Scarfzone is preferred. A well-predicted pass to Magnezone and Lucario will roll over and die.

If you think you can reliably get something nice and defensive trapped and taunted, you should use a somewhat more unorthodox Gyara set. A bulky set with DD/Taunt/Waterfall/coverage will keep the trapped Pokemon from being able to status/phaze/whatever you while you DD up. The coverage move can vary, but EQ is always a good choice, as is Stone Edge. Return lets you hit everything except Empoleon for neutral, which if you manage to reach +6 is probably all you need.

Skarmory is fine, but Protect needs to be replaced with Brave Bird. Gives Skarm some good attacking power.

I really don't know what to do with Gengar's slot, as I changed up your team quite a bit. Gengar itself is probably fine, though you'll want to run one of the standard sets like Scarfgar or LOgar, or you could have another set-up sweeper like CM Latias. If you don't run SR on Smeargle, a rocker would be appropriate here. Swampert can do that duty well, and is a fine Pokemon overall. Some sort of scout/revenge killer like Scarf Flygon or Scarf Jirachi isn't a bad idea either. Lastly, since you have layers of entry hazards, a spin blocker isn't a bad idea. Gengar can function as one, but Rotom-A is better at it. I'd say Rotom-C would be the appliance of choice, as Swampert seems like it could be a thorn in the side of the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)