Team Lucario(Yeah, not generic at all)

I never knew people actually knew my Machamp spread :O

Cool team, since Tyranitar is killing Rotoms and Celebis you don't need Crunch on Luc, go with Bullet Punch so you can kill ScarfTar and Gengars.

Otherwise, good job.

Edit: right after I posted this I noticed that Breloom gives you pure hell, setting up on any of Tar's / Pert's moves. Maybe a Thunder Wave Celebi over Jirachi? Not exactly sure but if I were to replace something that would be it. Twave / Recover / Psychic / Grass Knot is the set I had in mind.

Thanks for the rate, BKC.
And yeah, lol right after posting this I had a battle where I got swept by a Breloom. >.<

Yeah, I've considered Celebi in the past, I'm probably going to use it over Jirachi, seeing how I also have a Late-Game Ground weakness if Rotom dies.
As for BP on Lucario, I'll test it out, and see how it works.

Regardless, thanks. ^^

Problems

• Shaymin
Due to the lack of a Fire-type on your team, you have a notable weakness to opposing Grass-types, especially offensive variants of Shaymin. It has enough power and type coverage to 2HKO the majority of your team, and outspeeds many team members as well. Currently, your best way to take it down is to hit it with a super-effective move from the likes of Jirachi or Rotom. However, Shaymin is bulky enough to take a Fire Punch or Hidden Power Ice without much of a problem, allowing it to hit back hard with Earth Power or Seed Flare, respectively. To make matters worse, Shaymin has easy access to full health recovery with Rest and Natural Cure, meaning that it can be rather difficult to defeat. It also has an easy switch-in opportunity on Swampert, which will require you to switch around your own Pokemon to avoid being KO'd. Regardless, a well-played Shaymin could potentially sweep through your team or at least cause you to accumulate a large amount of residual damage.

Suggestions

• Replace Swampert
I feel that Swampert is the most easily replaceable member on your team, and could be switched out for something that would fix up your Grass weakness. Swampert's main role on this team is to function as a bulky user of Stealth Rock. Therefore, I'd like to suggest using either a Passho or Shuca Heatran in its place. Heatran's unique typing will help out a lot against Shaymin (and Celebi to a lesser extent). It also synergizes well with Machamp in terms of lead matchups, as the two can beat several common leads when used in conjunction. However, this does result in a large number of Ground weaknesses on your team; Shuca Berry will fix this issue somewhat, but Passho allows you to survive a LO Hydro Pump from Starmie and KO back with Explosion. If the prevalent Ground weaknesses get to become too much of a problem, additional changes may be helpful, but it's up to you find the best choices from testing.

The only problem I can see with replacing Swampert is that it opens up a weakness to opposing Dragon Dancers such as Tyranitar and Dragonite. One option to deal with this would be to try out a Scarf Jirachi over your current set, using the moves Iron Head, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, and Thunderpunch / Trick. Jirachi is one of the best revenge killers in OU, and it gives you a way to deal with several different threats. In the last moveslot, Thunderpunch is for revenge killing Gyarados, but if you feel that you have it reasonably well-covered with Rotom, Trick is a good alternative option for its ability to cripple stall team members and bulky stat-uppers like Suicune.

Good luck with your team!

Thank you for the rate, Faldaran. I will replace Pert with Heatran, and Scarf Jirachi for the time being, although I now have 4 pokes weak to Ground. :l

If anyone can give me an idea to fix the ground weakness, please give me one.

Yeah, having 4 Pokemon weak to Ground attacks is horrible. I'm not an expert, but have you tried replacing Jirachi with Choice Scarf Flygon? Flygon can still give Breloom a bit of trouble with its own U-Turn, and it outruns Dragonite after a Dragon Dance to strike with a STABbed Outrage. Plus, you would turn one of your Ground weak points into an immunity while gaining back an electric immunity you lost from switching Swampert to Heatran.

^
Good suggestion. I also think Flygon could work very well in this team, so I'll second that change. It provides you with a way to revenge kill the same threats that Jirachi does, while removing one of your Ground weaknesses by giving you an immunity to that type instead. Flygon also tends to function excellently late-game, with access to Scarf Outrage to outspeed and clean up the remnants of opposing teams. In fact, the only drawback at all that I can see to using Flygon is that it doesn't have access to Trick like Jirachi does, making it less useful in that aspect against stall teams. However, this is a very small price to pay for a Pokemon that otherwise helps fix your Ground weaknesses while maintaining offensive momentum.

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
How do you deal with opposing SD (specifically Jolly) Lucario? It can easily come into Tar locked into Crunch/Pursuit or Jirachi locked into Iron Head and set up. Aside from Tricking it with Jirachi (extremely unreliable), you have no defense against it. Replacing Jirachi with Flygon would only exacerbate the situation. I would replace Ice Punch with Fire Punch on Jirachi just to give your team a way to deal with it. Now switch Heatran back to Pert to check Dragonite.

I would personally remove your Machamp lead entirely because it checks very little, and your team would love some spikes to guarantee more KOs with Tyranitar and Luke. As such, I would move Jirachi into the lead position (with Fire Punch > Ice Punch), use a Specially Defensive Spikes Roserade to set up on Shaymin, and replace Heatran with a Swampert.

This is the Ros set I am talking about:

Roserade @ Leftovers
Calm
EVs: 252 HP/252 SpD/4 Def
-Spikes
-Aromatherapy/HP Fire
-Energy Ball
-Rest

Roserade also gives you a Water resist and a LO Starmie check.

To sum it all up, your team would be:

Jirachi
Roserade
Swampert
Lucario
Tyranitar
Rotom

Good luck!

Thank you for your rate, Super Mario Bro;

I will use Roserade, and bring Pert back in.
As to the Fire Punch on Jirachi, I'll keep it for now. But I may switch it for Thunderpunch later.

I may also change Lucario to Jolly, but that's not guaranteed.

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
Thank you for your rate, Super Mario Bro;

I will use Roserade, and bring Pert back in.
As to the Fire Punch on Jirachi, I'll keep it for now. But I may switch it for Thunderpunch later.

I may also change Lucario to Jolly, but that's not guaranteed.
I just noticed, you need some defense on that Rotom to counter Gyara. Also, Rotom needs to be a sturdy spinblocker now that you have more hazards.

Rotom-H @ Leftovers
Bold
EVs: 252 HP/200 Def/56 SpA
-Thunderbolt
-Will-O-Wisp
-Rest
-Sleep Talk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)