Team 'Machamp is a beast'

Hey. This is a team I made based on one pokemon: Machamp. Although slow, Machamp's amazing attack power, No Guard ability and decent bulk more than make up for this. This team aims to emphasise the good and down-play the bad.

At a Glance

In-Depth
@Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
252 Def, 252 Hp, 6 Atk
Torrent
Ice Beam
Protect
Stealth Rock
Earthquake​

Description: Swampert's main role is to set up Stealth Rock, and stay alive to be used as a powerful wall later in the match. Swampert does this extremely well, whilst also complementing the rest of my team by providing an Electric immunity, since 2 vital members of my team are weak to it. Obviously, the EVs are standard, and give maximum physical bulk. Earthquake hits many common leads for SE damage, such as Metagross and Heatran. Ice Beam hits Aerodactyl, and hits neutral on Azelf. It also hits the less common Anti-lead Dragonite. Protect is used over Roar or Surf to scout for Explosions from leads like Azelf. It can also stall Outrages and turns for Sunny Day/Rain Dance teams.​

@Choice Specs
Timid Nature
Volt Absorb
252 Sp.Atk, 252 Speed, 6 Hp
Discharge
Hidden Power [Grass]
Shadow Ball
Signal Beam​

Description: As my team is based on a Physical Pokemon, I felt it important to utilise an extremely powerful Special Pokemon also. Jolteon fits nicely, providing a secondary Electric immunity. Discharge may seem odd on such a fast pokemon, but in this team, it is a much better choice, allowing me to spread paralysis through the opponents team, which gives Machamp a much easier time sweeping. The rest of the moves are for coverage. Signal Beam is mainly filler, but hits Celebi harder than Shadow Ball. Again, the EVs are very standard, maxing Speed and Sp.Atk.​

@Leftovers
Calm Nature
Serene Grace
252 Hp, 58 Def, 200 Sp.Def
Air Slash
Thunder Wave
Roost
Aura Sphere​

Description: Togekiss brings some Special bulk to my team, as well as a secondary way to spread paralysis. Air Slash gets STAB and combos well with Thunder Wave, thanks to Serene Grace. Aura Sphere hits the steels that resist Air Slash. Roost gives some recovery, allowing me to spread more paralysis. EVs give some balanced bulk, while still primarily focusing on Sp.Def.​

@Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
Serence Grace
252 Speed, 252 Atk, 6 Hp
Iron Head
U-Turn
Fire Punch
Thunder Punch​

Description: Jirachi is the revenge killer of my team. He synergies well with Machamp, being able to take the flying and psychic attacks aimed at him. U-Turn allows me to scout the opponents set, similar to Swampert's Protect. Iron Head uses the same priciple as Togekiss' Air Slash. The Punches offer great coverage, hitting Steels and Waters which would otherwise wall the entire set. EVs are painfully standard.​

@Leftovers
Adamant Nature
Intimidate
150 Hp, 80 Atk, 96 Def, 184 Speed
Waterfall
Dragon Dance
Taunt
Bounce​

Description: Because of Machamp's abysmal speed, I felt a faster Physical Attacker was needed. Gyarados is a good pokemon all round, and helps Machamp stay alive with it's Intimidate ability. Dragon Dance is Gyarados' trademark move, used on almost all of it's sets. Bounce and Waterfall give perfect coverage other than Empoleon, and Taunt stops Phazing and other stat-uppers. EVs are copied from Smogon, with minor changes.​

@ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
No Guard
248 Hp, 252 Atk, 8 Hp
Dynamic Punch
Payback
Stone Edge
Substitute​

Description: The star of the show, Machamp. IMO, one of the most potent sweepers in OU now that Latias is gone. With No Guard, Dynamic Punch becomes an amazing move, easily 2HKOing the bulkiest of pokemon, as long as they don't resist it. Stone Edge hits the Flyers that do resist it, and Payback hits the ghosts that are immune to it. Substitute blocks statuses like Burn that can severely hinder Machamp. EVs are once again ripped from Smogon. Considering replacing Leftovers with Expert Belt and Sub with Thunder Punch.​

relaxed>impish on Swampert. It gives the extra punch with Ice Beam. You might think Discharge is better, but Thunderbolt is acutally better. A higher BP, is preferred over a high Para chance.

Looks like another hax team, lol.

I suggest running the Flinch Jirachi set since it really synergyses with the team more and you have another way of spreading paralysis. And yes run Thunderbolt over Discharge since Jolteon's plan is to deal as much damage as possible. Another suitable pokemon would be a defensive celebi set, you might want to try it out sine you can provide more paralysis support with it.

Yes, Thunderbolt is normally better, but for this team Discharge helps more. My Jirachi is essentially Flinch Jirachi anyway. I will, however, change Swampert's nature.

aim

pokeaimMD
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
your team lacks a phaser you should switch protect on pert with roar so you can roar away sub cm rachis or dd mences that try to set up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)