Team Mega Lucario

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mega Lucario looks too good to pass up (240 BP Close Combat!), so I thought i'd build a team around him.

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Ability: Steadfast
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Close Combat
- Earthquake/Crunch
- Swords Dance

The focal point and my main win condition. Set up Swords dance after the enemy team has been worn down, and proceed to tear through it. I'm unsure about EQ vs Crunch here. I like the fact that EQ lets me deal with Aegislash, but it does have a lot of redundant coverage with Close Combat, and besides I have Mandibuzz specifically to deal with Aegislash.

Rotom-Wash @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Rest
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp

This guy is here as a defensive pivot and forms one half of my volt/turn combo.
I've considered maybe going for a specially defensive set because Mandibuzz is also physically bulky, but all the threats he's supposed to check are physical.

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature
- Flamethrower
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Bug Buzz

The other half of my volt/turn combo. He serves as my revenge killer, and often times as a lead for scouting. I'm thinking maybe I should replace Bug Buzz with Thunderbolt because there's rarely a time where I would use it over U-turn.

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature
- Sacred Sword
- King's Shield
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Ball

My wallbreaker. I have this guy here to smash through the physical walls that would stand in the way of a Lucario sweep. Ideally I would have Mega Gengar in this spot, but Aegislash isn't exactly a terrible compromise.

Deoxys-Defense @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 16 SDef / 228 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Recover
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Knock Off

My Hazard setter. I chose Deoxys-D because he brings bulk as well as enough speed to stop most other Hazard users. After encountering so many Smeargles I really wanted something that could stop them dead in their tracks, and Deoxys-D fit the bill. Though its less than optimal defensive typing does hurt at times.

Mandibuzz (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SDef / 8 Spd
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Taunt
- Defog
- Foul Play

Supposing my opponent manages to put down anything more than Stealth Rocks (Sticky web/Spikes), I needed something to get rid of them. I also really felt that I needed a check to Aegislash. Because everytime my opponent had him out, I had nothing to switch in to it. Mandibuzz was really the only pokemon that fit the bill here (pardon the pun).

I'd appreciate any input for my team. I feel like it needs quite an overhaul, but i'm not really familiar enough with the meta right now to think of anything.

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hello.

Some of your descriptions are way too short. Update them, and PM it to me. Then I'll unlock the thread.

Have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)