Team needing MAJOR editing

Ok so I am very new to Competitive battling. I was talking with someone on Pokemon Showdown who gave me this team he used to use and said to do with it what I wished.

I know Metagross and Genesect need to be removed and some of these Pokemon have the same items, that is why I am here.

I need to know what can be done to change this team to make it A) Legal with losing its effectiveness and B) What alterations I should make.

Things on my mind:

-I know about this team is Genesect would lead, so I will need a Pokemon who can do a similar job.
-Charizard Y and Meowstic are popular choices so they will need to be countered
-Status effects are a problem as well, I have encountered a Smeargle use Dark voied on me which was a pain and Amoonguss as always with spore.
-What positions are these Pokemon playing? Who are walls etc and how should I be using them?

Obviously I can see how this post may seem as though I want to put in as little effort as possible and leaving it up to other people to do it for me, I want to assure you that this is not the case, I more than anything want to know how to get to grips with proper team building and would be grateful for just simple pointers. Thanks in advance for your help.

-Stewart

Scizor (M) @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Aerial Ace
- U-turn

Metagross @ Air Balloon
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Agility

Azumarill (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Belly Drum

Reuniclus (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock
- Recover

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 184 HP / 184 Def / 68 SDef / 72 Spd
Bold Nature
- Protect
- Roost
- Substitute
- Toxic

Genesect @ Expert Belt
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Last edited:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5TV8PK64MNCZUx4dkFKejhuT1k/edit?usp=sharing
This is a list of speed tiers, for help with your Scizor. I don't think you should have 252 Speed; you should invest enough to outrun what you want to outrun by 1 point (or 2 in fear of speed creepers), and then throw the rest in HP. Same with the Gliscor, I don't really know what you're trying to outspeed with 72 EVs.

You should put an attack on Gliscor so he doesn't become total Taunt bait. Probably Earthquake, so you can switch in your Metagross on an Earthquake and have it be totally fine, provided you move first. Since MGross isn't VGC legal anyway, and the balloon is unreliable, I would suggest a switch to Skarmory, if you're looking for bulky Steel.

I would put a Sitrus Berry on Azumarill so you can have a better chance of living after you Belly Drum. 75% health is much better than 50% in a tier with lots of sweepers. Azumarill has decent bulk, so he should be able to take some super effective hits from 75%.

I don't think Reuniclus is a great choice, because of it's weaknesses being prominent in the metagame, and because it is wayyyyy too slow. If you do continue to run Reuniclus, run Life Orb, because he'll get lots of extra damage but no recoil due to Magic Guard. I would still swap out Reuniclus though.

Your team gets annihilated by a MegaZardY + Chlorophyll Venusaur lead. Zard can put serious damage on Scizor, Azumarill, and Gliscor, Venusaur can do the same for Azu and Gliscor, and he can put Scizor and Reuniclus to sleep. There are other lead counters to your team, but I won't list them all.

Next time you build a RMT, make sure it is VGC legal, just for convenience's sake. Check out that spreadsheet on speed, maybe do a bit of reevaluating EV spreads and items, swap out those 2 pokes, and test out the team on Showdown.

Hopefully you thought my rating was helpful, I spent a lot of time I should have spent sleeping on this lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)