Team Offensive Blitz (6 Choiced Pokes on One Team)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so I know I've posted two teams pretty recently but this team was too much fun not to post.

Into the teambuilding!

TEAMBUILDING
I started off wanting to use a pokemon that was very undervalued. After some searching I came onto Tauros with a great speed decent attack and wonderful ability in sheer force with the move pool to abuse it.

After Tauros I realized that if I wanted to play an offensive style I was going to need a good revenge killer. Enter Dugtrio, the best three-headed, kind of ugly from behind revenge killer in OU.

At this point I had two fast hitters who would be able to get KOs for me. But I wanted someone who was proven. Someone who had shined in OU as an offensive juggernaut. Enter Scizor.

At this point I realized that for this to try and be a legitimate team, I would have to bring in a Special Attacker who covered some holes on the current team. Namely a pokemon that could resist Fire for Scizor, Water for Dugtrio, and Fighting for Tauros. And wow look there's one pokemon that fits all those categories and is STILL offensive. Enter starmie who would rather be anywhere but bound to Earth (lol get it?).

Okay so I had four pokemon but I still wanted to find a slot for a dragon. Obviously it had to hit from the special side. So first thought, Hydreigon? Nah doesn't really bring FEAR into the hearts of the enemies. How bout a, wait for it, almost there, a Specs Mence? Yes that'd fosho work. I had an idea who my last pokemon might be and considering that I thought overall Mence would be able to get me more synergy. Plus Mence is faster.

Okay so for my last pokemon, I wanted to keep this offensive theme going. I had three physical hitters and two specially based hitters. That meant there was room for one more specially based hitter. So I went to smogon's OU list and ranked the pokemon by speed. Enter Jolteon, the sparkiest of the eveelutions.

This part doesn't really change the team but it definitely changed my mindset about it. I realized that all of these pokemon had the capability to run a great Choice set. And moreover because this team would be so fun to use. I made them all shinies.

Enter Team Offensive Blitz.

TEAM AT A GLANCE
If you didn't read the Teambuilding here's my team at a glance.

MY TEAM UNDER THE MICROSCOPE, LIKE IN A SCIENCE LAB
Firstly, please excuse the clever nicknaming. Okay onto the pokemon.

Offe (Tauros) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Rock Climb
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Zen Headbutt

Tauros the bull pokemon from first gen. This is the guy I started my team with. Sheer Force + STAB Rock Climb is almost as powerful as double-edge but without the recoil, which made it a bit more appealing to me. I know not offensive blitz style but roll with me. Earthquake doesn't get the sheer force boost but still a strong move nevertheless. Rock Slide and Zen Headbutt lose their flinch chance but round out coverage. Rock Slide hits flying pokemon hard and Zen Headbutt hits all the fighting pokes hard and gengar (if I win the speed tie) that are so prevalent in OU.

n (Dugtrio) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Arena Trap
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Shadow Claw

With a choice band and a wonderful ability in Arena Trap this speedy, well to be honest i have NO idea what it is, is an amazing revenge killer. STAB on EQ is always something to want. Stone Edge gives me the Edgequake combo to hit flying types that avoid my STAB and aren't bound in. Sucker Punch/Shadow Claw generally hurt most levitators namely Lati@s. Absolutely decimates Ninetales leads.

Funny story really quickly, ended up brain farting and using sucker punch on a wobuffett thinking I'd land the super effective hit, which obviously doesn't work because wobuffett only learns counter and mirror coat to do damage. So neither of us could escape because of our abilities. Ended up winning on a a timeout. Success.

s (Scizor) (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Ah scizor my only pokemon without investment in speed. This is a pretty standard set with bullet punch to bypass that speed problem and hit extremely hard. Superpower for pesky steels that like to sit around and wall all day. Pursuit is a great option for anybody expecting to switch. The main difference on this set is Bug Bite over U-Turn. Because on team offensive blitz, we don't care about switch advantage we just want to hit stuff as hard as possible.

i (Starmie) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Psychic

Wait what! A choice scarf on a Starmie! Yeah, this means that Starmie is pretty much NEVER going to be outsped. That allows me to get the extra damage by carrying the Modest nature. Hydro Pump provides primary STAB. Pretty obvious why I chose Hydro Pump over Surf. Thunder is just a bit too inaccurate, I mean I still want to win. Same with Blizzard. Psychic because running trick on Team Offensive Blitz would have gotten Starmie kicked off permanently. Other than that Psychic hits those fighting types hard and provides secondary STAB.

v (Salamence) (F) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor
- Air Cutter

I don't think people have seen a Specs Mence in a really long time. This will give me the surprise factor. Unfortunately Moxie doesn't roll with Hydro Pump or STAB Air Cutter. So I run Intimidate. Timid for the extra speed so I can hit Hydreigon first. Draco Meteor is primary STAB denting anything switching in severely bar Steels, whom if I predict correctly, I can roast with Fire blasts. Air Cutter is mostly filler but actually gives me the upper hand on Brelooms, that abuse the new sleep mechanics.

e (Jolteon) (F) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Volt Absorb
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Signal Beam
- Hidden Power [Ice]

And finally Jolteon, the fastest pokemon in the OU tier. With a Timid nature Jolteon is absolutely blazing. STAB Specs T-Bolt is going to wreck a lot of pokemon. Volt Switch to hurt other pokemon and still do damage. Of course a ground type would wall me if I was locked in, but a hard switch to any of my hydro pumpers would do the trick. HP Ice for dragons.

CONCLUSION
So you've made it this far huh? Team Offensive Blitz isn't organic. It doesn't play according to normal rules. I have no tank or wall or statuser or anything. Our sole goal is to hit hard fast and decimate our opponents before they set up. Having 6 choiced pokemon seems like a stupid idea. But having said that, this team has gotten me a lot more wins than I usually get. Partial credit goes to me being a terrible battler and the fact that this team doesn't care too much about prediction. So yeah, this team is incredibly fun to use and play with. Thanks for your time, and let's pick this team apart.

IMPORTABLE
Offe (Tauros) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Sheer Force
- Rock Climb
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Zen Headbutt

n (Dugtrio) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Arena Trap
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Shadow Claw

s (Scizor) (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

i (Starmie) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Natural Cure
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Psychic

v (Salamence) (F) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hardy Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor
- Air Cutter

e (Jolteon) (F) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Volt Absorb
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Signal Beam
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Starmie is pretty blistering already I would have picked specs but if you don't mind I'll import and see if I can find any other flaws

Is it me or is anyone else thrown off by the fact the tauros has choice band instead of life orb? I just say to give the bull a life orb. I believe it gets the same power as choice band but gives it the freedom to use other moves and no recoil thanks to sheer force, though you may want to sparingly use earthquake.

definitely try dragon pulse over air cutter on your salamence. air cutter won't hit anything that draco meteor or fire blast is already KOing (like your example, breloom) dragon pulse can be used to pull of a late game sweep if your opponents pokes are all slower :p

If you're going with a fully choiced team, then I'd recommend making Starmie a specs variant with trick to cripple Pokemon who will come in and attempt to set up on you. I'd then make Salamence the standard ScarfMoxieMence to attempt late game sweeps once the rest of your team has done significant damage to allow him to get a KO and then the Moxie boost. I love fully choiced teams, so I applaud you for that. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)