Team Probat

A standard special Shaymin/Celebi seems like a major threat to your team, being able to outpace and 1HKO 4 of your Pokémon, assuming no Calm Mind set up on Suicune. I see this being easily taken care of by a Life Orb Weavile, with an STAB priority move and access to Fake Out, making a wonderful revenge killer. The one objection to the idea would be; WHERE THE HELL WOULD YOU PUT IT? I see that Weavile makes a much better alternative to Flygon with his access to Ice STAB, and incredible base attack. Metagross covers all of his weaknesses sans Fire, which Suicune can easily absorb.

Weavile@Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Jolly: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
-Fake Out
-Ice Punch
-Night Slash
-Brick Break/X-Scissor

This seems like it would help control any speedy threats, and is easily protected by the rest of your team.

How often do you use super fang? I kinda stole this team and i've never once used it out of the 50+ games ive played

i'm thinking pursuit may be a better choice, tho i still dont see myself using that over bravebird.

Love the team in theory man. As to the constant question over Lanturn, why not test Yawnpert there?

Swampert@Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
Relaxed: 240 HP / 216 Def / 52 SpD
-Surf
-Earthquake
-Yawn
-Roar

He doesn't compromise Lanturn's Defensive spot too much and can go toe to toe with Vaporeon, while Yawn and Roar actually make a brutal combo with SR up since it'll force numerous switches while blocking your opponent from setting up; Calm Mind Celebi aside. Not to mention it allows him to scout out the opponent even further while abusing his typing. Only problems I can see is that he might end up enhancing your Grass weakness too much, and that Zapdos then runs a chance to break a lot of your team open. What do you think though? It is your team after all.

You could try resto chesto kingdra over lanturn; just a suggestion seems as it's such a good poke in this metagame and also maintains your offensive strategy and momentum, also lanturn is sort of a meh poke and kingdra works well with metagross and heatran sorta...

Don't worry about kingdra's apparent lack of resistances to electric ice etc. it can easily set up on common users of them moves which lanturn is currently used to wall, e.g. starmie, suicune.

A standard special Shaymin/Celebi seems like a major threat to your team, being able to outpace and 1HKO 4 of your Pokémon, assuming no Calm Mind set up on Suicune. I see this being easily taken care of by a Life Orb Weavile, with an STAB priority move and access to Fake Out, making a wonderful revenge killer. The one objection to the idea would be; WHERE THE HELL WOULD YOU PUT IT? I see that Weavile makes a much better alternative to Flygon with his access to Ice STAB, and incredible base attack. Metagross covers all of his weaknesses sans Fire, which Suicune can easily absorb.

Weavile@Life Orb
-Fake Out
-Ice Punch
-Night Slash
-Brick Break/X-Scissor

This seems like it would help control any speedy threats, and is easily protected by the rest of your team.
how does this do vs the pokes that flygon check alot?

heatran/lucario/electric types etc

Weavile@Life Orb
-Fake Out
-Ice Punch
-Night Slash
-Brick Break/X-Scissor

Those can beat Lanturn, Suicune, and Flygon if they catch it on the switch in. However, more often than not, they get fucked over by CB Crobat, Scarfgon, Heatrap, and if need be Metagross's explosion.

Besides, in the case of revenge killing, Flygon probably does everything better. It's STAB also provides good coverage and lets him hit decently hard. His typing is also pretty important for this team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)