Team Ragequat ll OU Offence ll

This team was first made a while ago during a battling slump. My teams were never winning enough to get anywhere on the ladder, so I decided to go out and make a new team. When this team was first made, it failed. It absolutely SUCKED. So I put it away and didn't touch it. Now we fast-forward. I was in the middle of yet another slump. So I decided to go through all of my old teams and see if i could re-vamp one of them because I was too lazy to make a new one. I stumbled on this team and looked at it. I said to myself that with just a bit of work, this team may be able to do well in the metagame. I had a quick battle with it, and instantly lost to a frail offensive team. So I got one of my team members and replaced it with a pokemon that could take those teams down with ease. This process continued for a while, gradually improving the team until it got to where it is today.

The general idea of this team is to use some of the most brutal sweepers in the current metagame to demolish my opponent through raw power. With the kind of sweepers I use, I often find my opponent ragequating, thus this team got its name. It is similar to a Hyper-Offence team in the way that I remove and weaken the counters to the pokemon, so I can have an endgamer sweep the rest of the team.

The team also showcases just how effective the move Agility is in the current Metagame, with all of the frail offensive team running around. This is done by using what are probably the most common Agility sweeper, Metagross, and a far more unorthodox Agility sweeper, Staraptor. So that's enough of my babbling, onto the team!

AT A GLANCE

Azelf @ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion

This set is complete simplicity. But it gets the job done almost every time. I shouldn't even need to explain the movepool, but I will anyway. Light Screen increases my team's Special Defence. And Reflect does the same thing, but for Defence. Stealth Rock is something needed on every offensive team. And Explosion does bucket loads of damage. This Azelf set handles the majority of leads quite well. Metagross is one of the easiest to handle. I Reflect first turn, as it Meteor Mashes for around 33%. I then Light Screen as it sets up SR. I set up SR as it goes for another MM. And finally, Explode. With Azelf, I will set up Screens, the SR, and then Explode. Jirachi is a little trickier (hehehe), but I would normally Reflect first turn. If it Iron Heads, then it won't do much. If it Tricks, I now have a Scarfed Explosion later on in the game. With Aerodactyl, I will Explode on sight. This puts it down to 1 HP and gives my Infernape an opportunity to come in and set up, or just kill it with Vacuum Wave. Swampert is Screen, SR, Screen again (to scout Protect), then Explode. All the rest of the leads are handled in about the same way as these ones, the only lead causing me grief being Roserade. I usually Explode first turn, to give one of my other pokes the opportunity to set up and sweep.

Infernape (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Nasty Plot
- Focus Blast
- Flamethrower
- Vacuum Wave

This set absolutely rips Stall to shreds. it isn't a very common set, so it can catch people off guard with ease, and rip a 2-3 man hole in the opponent’s team. With a single NP, he can OHKO Vaporeon, Swampert, Blissey, Suicune and all of the rest of them with a Focus Blast. I decided to have Flamethrower over Fire Blast for the reason of accuracy. It allows me to have more sure-fire KO’es on pokemon like Rotom-A, Skarmory and others. Vacuum Wave finishes off the moveset by making up for Infernape's ALREADY high speed. It OHKO's Dugtrio, Jolteon, Lucario (trying to ES me) and even standard ScarfTran which is a big plus. Infernape is one of the first pokemon to come out after Azelf blows up, as he can take great advantage of the Screens. one such advantage of this is that a Standard 252/252 Timid Latias can fail to OHKO me with Surf when Light Screen is up, dealing 42.18% - 49.66%. I can then Focus Blast and then Vacuum wave for huge damage, sometimes killing it.

Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Steadfast
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Crunch
- Extremespeed

Lucario is the pokemon that helps to weaken the common counters for Staraptor and Metagross. The main ones of these being Rotom and Zapdos. Starmie can help to draw Pursuits form a Tyranitar and get an easy set up. I'm not even gonna bother to explain the moves here. Lucario is also very useful in the team to revenge weakened pokemon with Extreme Speed. In all, Lucario actually serves as a kind of wallbreaker for the team, rather than the endgamer that most people use him for. He puts large dents in the walls like Hippowdon, Cress, Defensive Gyarados, Gliscor and Zapdos.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Recover

This pokemon is absolutely incredible. Mid or early game, Starmie comes out and weakens every pokemon is sight, then Recovers off the LO damage from this. Starmie is my primary revenge killer, coming in after my opponent has KOed one of my pokemon. It then proceeds to either scare it off and make something take a LO STAB Hydro Pump to the face, of just be plain killed. It is my first switch in to pokemon like Latias, Gengar, Salamence, Gyarados, opposing Starmies, Zapdos, Gliscor and many others after they have just killed off one of my own. Starmie also serves as a very important Status absorber by using its ability Natural Cure. I use it to come in on such things as Blisseys Thunder Wave/Toxic. Rotom's WoW. Celebi's TWave. And all of the other ones like that.

Staraptor (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 80 HP/252 Atk/176 Spd
- Agility
- Brave Bird
- Frustration
- Close Combat

This is one of the most unorthodox sets that I have used in a long time. And it is so much win that it hurts. Although, I will admit that this thing mainly only kills things through pure surprise value. The moves are quite obvious. Agility boosts his rather high speed to such heights that it can outspeed Scarf positive natured base 120's. Brave Bird is the insanely high powered STAB move that all sweepers need to run. Frustration is the other STAB move that have no strings attached and is probably the move that I use the most. Close Combat finishes off the set getting the much needed coverage against Rock and Steel types that wall both of my STABs. As for the EVs, 252 Attack is standard. 176 Speed allows him to outspeed Adamant Lucario before an Agility, and outspeed anything that is viable after an Agility. 80 HP is just a filler that helps to improve Staraptor's already decent bulk. Staraptor is usually brought in before Metagross, as they have the same counters. Staraptor weakens these with its powerful STAB attacks. It draws in Zapdos and Rotom like moths to a light. And with its high Attack stat further boosted by Life Orb, it can cause large damage to them so that Metagross has an easier time with his sweep.

Metagross @ Life Orb
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 112 HP/252 Atk/144 Spd
- Agility
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Thunderpunch

This Metagross is quite possibly the best endgamer. Full stop. It absolutely destroys frail offence. Once it gets up an Agility and a Meteor Mash boost, it can quite easily be gg. This pokemon has caused the most ragequats that I have ever seen in a single pokemon. moveset is standard, Meteor Mash is STAB with a chance of an Attack boost just to rub some lemon juice into the wound. Earthquake provides coverage against Steel and Electric types, as well as a general purpose move. Thunderpunch rounds it off scoring hits on Electric and Flying types. Metagross is generally the last pokemon that my opponent will see, as the others on my team weaken up the foes team, so that this can have a clean and easy sweep. The only thing not standard on this is that I put the Defence EVs into Speed, so that I can outspeed anything trying to outspeed standard AgiliGross.

And with that, I leave you my team to rate and critique.

I imagine that the first things that people will say abut my team will be:
Change Focus Blast to Close Combat on Infernape.
Swap Staraptor for CB Scizor.

i liked that you use staraptor in that team,one of my favorite pokemons and favorite flying type(not counting gliscor) now about your team,return and frustation are the same thing,so i wont bother in changing,metagross should run ice punch instead of thunder punch,rotom aready walls metagross,and not having a realible way to hurt him is also a pain,it should be noted that meteor mash has the same base power agains rotom then ice punch would have,but you can miss,about infernape,i really think that when it comes to coverage,grass knot or HP ice would be better then vacuum wave,but then stuff like lucario can extreme speed you,its a somewhat hard choice,your team is a little weak to DD mence(tell me one that is not) since if he can get a DD,you are in for some pain(ohko about anything in your team after DD) and that is another reason to run ice punch in your metagross,to help a little with that problem,you can also try to run stone edge instead of crunch on lucario,this way gyrados and mence would think twice before trying to get a DD on you,almost all of your team members need to set up to atack,what can be a problem,only starmie can atack right away,i will think in something for this and tell you when i come up with something.

i liked that you use staraptor in that team,one of my favorite pokemons and favorite flying type(not counting gliscor) now about your team,return and frustation are the same thing,so i wont bother in changing,metagross should run ice punch instead of thunder punch,rotom aready walls metagross,and not having a realible way to hurt him is also a pain,it should be noted that meteor mash has the same base power agains rotom then ice punch would have,but you can miss,about infernape,i really think that when it comes to coverage,grass knot or HP ice would be better then vacuum wave,but then stuff like lucario can extreme speed you,its a somewhat hard choice,your team is a little weak to DD mence(tell me one that is not) since if he can get a DD,you are in for some pain(ohko about anything in your team after DD) and that is another reason to run ice punch in your metagross,to help a little with that problem,you can also try to run stone edge instead of crunch on lucario,this way gyrados and mence would think twice before trying to get a DD on you,almost all of your team members need to set up to atack,what can be a problem,only starmie can atack right away,i will think in something for this and tell you when i come up with something.

Frustarion is just too cool to be changed, but I imagine one person will tell me to change it.
It Metagross runs Ice Punch, then I am walled by the likes of Starmie, Vaporeon and Suine. Basically, the type of Water in general. So I'm sticking to Thunderpunch.
Grass knot is not needed for the reason that I can OHKO Swampert, Vappy and Suicune with SR support using Focues Blast. And i relly need Vacuum Wave just for the priority in general.
As for Mence, you tell me which pokemon that he can set up on and I may think about changing.

Scofield

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh, Kate.......
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
I hate the accuracy of fire blast on np infernape too, but without it you are missing out on the ohko of +2 fire blast against salamence after stealth rocks, kind of a biggie for the #2 pokemon.

Frustarion is just too cool to be changed, but I imagine one person will tell me to change it.
It Metagross runs Ice Punch, then I am walled by the likes of Starmie, Vaporeon and Suine. Basically, the type of Water in general. So I'm sticking to Thunderpunch.
Grass knot is not needed for the reason that I can OHKO Swampert, Vappy and Suicune with SR support using Focues Blast. And i relly need Vacuum Wave just for the priority in general.
As for Mence, you tell me which pokemon that he can set up on and I may think about changing.
sure,lucario and infernape,those 2 cant damage him well and intimidate dont help lucario,you could just run fire blast in infernape to ohko with SR after nasty plot,and has i said,stone edge could also help with that when it comes to lucario,you need focus blast to deal with lots of treats when it comes to infernape,and you know how focus blast always miss at those moments(you also need a nasty plot to ohko swampert with focus blast) but i dont want to start a discussion about your team,since i am thinking what could be better for your team,i can also be wrong,but that only the metagame knows,also,you are not walled by the water types since earthquake hit then for neutral,rotom is metagross counter number 1,so i guess you are right in the ice punch part,i just hope you got your own ways to deal with him.

I hate the accuracy of fire blast on np infernape too, but without it you are missing out on the ohko of +2 fire blast against salamence after stealth rocks, kind of a biggie for the #2 pokemon.
Eh. I suppose that Focus Blast, which has the same power against Salamence, will have to do in this position. And I like having a no-strings-attached STAB move, like Flamethrower, on him just to hit the random spam stuff like Rotom and Gliscor.

sure,lucario and infernape,those 2 cant damage him well and intimidate dont help lucario,you could just run fire blast in infernape to ohko with SR after nasty plot,and has i said,stone edge could also help with that when it comes to lucario,you need focus blast to deal with lots of treats when it comes to infernape,and you know how focus blast always miss at those moments(you also need a nasty plot to ohko swampert with focus blast) but i dont want to start a discussion about your team,since i am thinking what could be better for your team,i can also be wrong,but that only the metagame knows,also,you are not walled by the water types since earthquake hit then for neutral,rotom is metagross counter number 1,so i guess you are right in the ice punch part,i just hope you got your own ways to deal with him.
I will admit here that IF it gets a DD up, it can OHKO my while team. The big part here is the IF. Say i have my Infernape at +2. You switch in your Mence. You're not gonna DD here. For all you know, I could have HP Ice. So you go for the EQ. I die, yada yada. But first i get the smakcdown on you with a Focus Blast. If you are dumb enough to DD as i do this, then the coming Vacuum Wave will kill you with SR.
And EQ would do nothing to a Vaporeon, Starmie or Suicune.

Scofield

is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
um, how does focus blast have the same power as fire blast? Fighting is resisted by flying, even if it's special type.

hello,

This team has potential however a lot of work needs to go into it to ensure its success. Sorry but this will only be a quick rate, so I'm going to pick you up on a major flaw int this team at the moment. My question: Why would you have Staraptor when theres so many other better choices out there in OU??!!

So my advice to you is just get rid of him lol! Personally i would go for an offensive latias in this position as it is fast and hits with devastating power. Latias usually has two major counters;
1) Blissey
2) Scizor
And since you can cover blissey extremely well with both lucario and nape i would suggest this move set on latias as it allows you to take down scizor as well as metagross and skarmory after clam mind.

Latias @leftovers
Nature:Timid
Ability: Levitate
Ev's: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Moves:
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Surf
- HP(Fire)

This set covers a majority of super effective typings and has got the attacking prowess to back it up. This is a superb pokemon and would only prove beneficial for your team.

Hope it goes well and good luck.

Scofield

Oh my mistake, anyways the reason I didn't consider focus blast as ohkoing mence was because I originally wanted to suggest replacing it with grass knot, pretty much just for gyarados. +4 fire blast does ~89% to blissey. I just find that not being walled by gyarados is important on an offensive team, but focus blast does more damage to just about everything else, albeith with less accuracy.

august

you’re a voice that never sings
is a Community Leaderis a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Smogon Classic Winnerwon the 5th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
OGC Leader
Hi.

Just a few things I noticed about your team. I really see no point in not having Speed maxed on your Agility Metagross. Max Spe AgiliGross allows you to outspeed standard Choice Scarf Jirachi, Scarf Flygon that doesn't max speed, Scarf Rotom (in the case it's weakened) and is useful in general. Your HP EVs do not really serve a specific purpose, so why not spe?

No Taunt on DS Azelf lead? Taunt is incredibly important for DS Elf, without it it can not keep Stealth Rock leads like Hippowdon or Swampert from just setting up Stealth Rock and Roaring you away (this is important because nothing on your team is stopping Swampert from just continuously Roaring and building up entry hazard damage. Second, Explosion is not really important on Azelf, whats the point of Exploding when Azelf can be equally important later on in the game?

Next, I see no need for Recover on Starmie. I'd much rather have Rapid Spin in that slot so you get the chance to spin against stall (Rotom-a will not enjoy taking LO Hydro Pumps while attempting to block spin) and it allows Infernape getting off a cleaner sweep, as its already hard enough to switch in, and with Spikes / Stealth Rock / Toxic Spikes it is even harder to bring in.

On the subject of unorthadox Agility sweepers, you should try Sub Petaya Empoleon over Staraptor. With an EV spread of EVs: 44 Def/212 Spd/252 SAtk and a Timid nature you can easily outspeed Scarf Rotom-h (common revenge killer) for a surprise OHKO with Hydro Pump.

Just some food for thought, good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)