Team Royal order

Yes...I am back. Last night I posted an epic phail team, and I think that I have redeemed myself. My Gallade is used alot on Shoddy, alot of people favor it, which I why I kept it. Well Team Royal Order is off, and My rating is slightly increasing. I don't know how people see me. I don't want to look like the newbie competitive battler, evn though my rating is only 1200...

TEAM ROYAL ORDER

STRATEGY: Destroying the opposition with swift moves, and surprises. Support is a must, but this team isn't used to stall. This team is aggrovated and will annhiliate other sweepers. That doesn't mean that this team is invincible, in fact...it's quite the opposite. This team has got 6-0'd once, and I have 6-0'd people also. Teams aren't meant for perfection, but to get as close as possible to it.

SYNERGY: The most important part of this team. Working together to achieve one main goal: Waste the other team. Infernape and Salamence work swell together, well, my whole team works good together, and I need to make the team work even better. I have basically no weaknesses, besides

Why did you waste your time on this?: My other teams failed hard, and my rating on Shoddy was dropping. I want to at least get to 1500, and it isn't as easy as it looks. I am so sick of getting beat and then winning one, then getting beat again. The highest win streak that I have ever had was 4 wins. 4! That's it! I want to at least achive a 10 win streak. My battling isn't what I would call up to par, but it's hard to predict on Shoddy because most people see the Blissey and Immediatly use Close Combat, if you know what I mean.

A CLOSER L0OK:

Even closer:

LEAD

Infernape @ Choice Scarf

Adamant
224 spd/252 atk/34 hp
Thunderpunch
Flare blitz
U turn
Close Combat

: Scarfape is a great lead. I don't have too much to say about this one. My spread works well taking hits, and the movepool looks and works great too. The speed passes Max speed Ninjask, and the only thing that outspeeds besides other scarfers is Deoxys S. He is definately a pokemon that I would recommend to anyone missing a lead. Ninjask can be a huge problem for my team though...

CHOICE BANDER
Snorlax @ Choice Band

Adamant
Thick Fat
4 Hp/ 252 Atk/ 252 Sp Def
Pursuit
Return
Fire Blast
Earthquake

: Snorlax is a beast. Choice banded, he can OHKO dragons, easily counter Bronzong, and do much more. Pursuit will catch Gengar, Starmie and anything else by surprise, and hit it hard, usually OHKOing. Thanks alot for the suggestion bam!

SPECIAL SWEEPER

Salamence @ Choice specs

Timid
252 Sp atk/252 Spd/ 6 Hp
Draco Meteor
Fire Blast
Earthquake
Roost

: Salamence. Extremely vicious. Who can stop such a beast? Salamence is an amazing revenge killer, and breaks people into the ground. He eats Yachechomp for breakfast and Gengar for lunch. The spread is standard. I went Timid because I need to be able to outspeed alot of others.

PHYSICAL SWEEPER
Gallade @ Expert Belt
Gallade @ Expert Belt

Adamant
154 Hp/ 252 Atk/ 104 Spd
Psycho Cut
Shadow Sneak
Close Combat
Swords Dance

: Old Gallade has won me alot of battles, and is catching on. Modeled after warriors of rome (hence the head), Gallade is a prized fighter and destroys the opposition. Blissey doesn't even stand a chance.

SPECIAL SWEEPER
Deoxys E @ Expert Belt

Hasty
252 Sp atk/ 192 spd/ 64 Atk
Superpower
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball
Ice Beam

: I must say that I do love my Deoxys. He isn't along the lines of bulky, but he does work as a revenge killer. 64 Atk Evs to OHKO 252 Hp Tyranitar always, as stated by bam ur dead. Thanks bam!

PHYSICAL TANK
skarmory @ Shed shell

Impish
252 Hp/ 96 Atk/ 156 Def/ 4 Spd

Stealth Rock
Whirlwind
Drill Peck
Roost

: Skarmory is really a great PHazer, and can stop stat boosters cold. I chose Stealth rock over Spikes because 3 layers of spikes can get spun away, and 3 turns wasted sucks. I chose Drill peck over Brave bird, because Skarm is going to be taking hits, and I can't waste his precious health. Whirlwind over Roar only makes sense, because random things like Exploud can come out at any time. Shed shell is also another obvious item, but who really wants to get trapped by Magnezone?

Threat list:
-Heatran
-Swampert
-bulky waters in general

Conclusion: I want to be able to counter as many things as possible, as seeing that this was the goal for team Royal order. I decided to change Jirachi for Skarmory, seeing as Jirachi could set up SR, but I really needed a PHazer to stop anything from stat boosting *cough Ninjask @ focus sash*

I have a VERY slight weakness to Flying and Ghost, but that shouldn't stop me.

SHODDY I.D: slashdemon
RATING AS OF 7/13/08- 1225

credit: Credit goes to Taylor+ for suggesting this Gallade a while back, smogon university itself, and everyone else who has helped me post! Thank you!

-Darkartisan

I'd go Life Orb over Expert Belt on Salamence, with only 100 base spatk and without a modest nature to boost you really want as much power as possible. You can Roost away the recoil anyways.

Arghh! My eyes! Too much color!

If you're using Life Orb with Salamence, Salamence obviously should be Naive with Earthquake over Hydro Pump (Hydro Pump's only use is to take out Heatran) making it a Mix-Mence, much harder to wall.

Deoxys-E isnt exactly frail, it's just Lucario with exactly...1 useful resistance (Fighting). You're also using quite a bit of speed on him (what, you're hoping to outrun Scarf-Jasks?), EVs can be put in Attack to boost Superpower. This Deoxys is a late game sweeper, it's not supposed to take hits. It's the kind of Pokemon that brings HPs from 50%~1% to 0%.
As such, the only time you switch it in is after 1 of your Pokemon dies, so he only should take hits from priority moves.

Snorlax isn't exactly a physical tank (actually, it's a shitty physical tank without Curse). So we need a Normal Pokemon with good Physical Defense...

Miltank! (It's got tank in its name :o) Miltank with decent EVs and nature can take hits better than Snorlax, you can give her Fire Punch to hammer Bronzong *and* you free up a moveslot with Milk Drink over Rest-Talk, which you can spend on Heal Bell. Between Wish and Heal Bell, Miltank and Jirachi will keep each other alive.

Re Chimera: Good idea, the problem is that the damage stacks.

Re Sharpteeth:Yah, it sounds good, but i'm not too sure that i'tll work. I meant special tank so that was a mistake. I do need a physical wall, but something more decent. I was thinking Skarm, and on the Salamence, I changed it to Choice specs because speed and specs is death x_x

I have read all of your other teams, and by far, this is the best. Good Work.

The weaknesses are covered by each other, and it works well in unison. One thing I noticed via quick lookthrough, is that you have no really good Grass type coverage. Seeing as how your Avatar is a Swampert, I'd expect you'd have a way to deal with him. Apparently not, seeing as how he can take out a lot of your team with almost no resistance. Bulky waters seem to be a problem for this team. And, if I were you, I'd keep Snorlax, or at worst, change to a Blissey. Skarmory would just open up more of a fire weakness, letting pokemon like Infernape / Heatran take out Jirachi + Skarmory. If I were you, I'd make your Snorlax a Curselax with...NO REST *GASP*. This is because, you have Wish support from Jirachi. Curselax is capable of sweeping teams, and it seems like it would do good for your team other than being dead weight.

Overall, great team.

Are you 1225 on Official or Smogon? On Official I am 1460 and I'd love to take you on sometime.

Might I suggest using CBLax over what you have currently? I've used it before to great success, and it can switch into Gengar/Alakazam/Starmie/Heatran/most special threats without any fear, and screw them over. It's basically an assurance to get rid of Starmie, enabling you to keep Stealth Rock/Spikes on the field without worry that they may soon be Rapid Spinned off, and as long as your opponent has already activated Sleep Clause, it can switch into Gengar and OHKO with Pursuit (if it switches or if it has taken around 20% previous damage).

It survives two Modest SpecsMence DracoMeteors, and can then OHKO in return with Return (if it has switched in on Stealth Rock). If also survives two Timid Life Orbed Focus Blasts from Gengar, allowing you to kill it with Pursuit if it's at max health and decides to stay in.

By coincidence, with a Sassy nature and no SpAtk EVs, it also 2HKOs Skarm with Fire Blast, making it a risky switch-in.

Aside from that, your team has no way of stopping Sub CMJirachi. Your only hope would be to Fire Blast it, but by the time you switch in and attempt to hit it, it will already have two CMs, meaning you won't break the sub, and he'll then continue to rape your team.

Also, Hasty Deoxys-S with an Expert Belt and 64 Atk EVs OHKOs 252 HP Tyranitar with Superpower always, so if you ever find yourself in a position where DDTar is set up, you can kill it, as he causes immense problems for this team as well.

Re Gators1: Thank you very much for the constructive critisicm. I put alot of thought into this team, and today decided to change Jirachi with Skarmory. I had a huge weakness to stat boosters, such as cosmic wall Deoxys E, and so I ended up changing Jirachi to Skarm. Wish support wasn't exactly necessary, seeing that the only one that might need that is Infernape. Unfortunately, yes I am 1225 on Shoddy. I play the official server, even though the mods are a little crazy (cough* Colin* cough) lol.

RE BAM UR DEAD: Thank you very much. I have never faced CM Jirachi, but your experienced so I trust you. I decided to switch Jirachi for Skarmory, I chose SR over spikes, as it hits everything, and deals with anything categorized "flying".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)