team salamenace

Team salamenace​

My first attempt at a RMT, this team was first inspired by Mr. lol’s suggestion of using jirachi and rayquaza together. Of course someone else may have thought of it also. Obviously rayquaza is an uber, but salamence has the same typing and similar stats and movepool. The goal is to use salamence's attacking prowess and high-power moves to beat the enemy walls into submission, opening it up for a sweep from one of the other team members. Jirachi helps things along with wishes and paralysis, plus his typing complements very well. I started with those two and added other pokemon I thought could help the team.

Jirachi @ leftovers
Careful w/ serene grace
252HP/224SpD/32Spe
-Iron head
-Wish
-Body Slam
-Fire punch
Specially defensive jirachi. He uses body slam over thunder wave in order to paralyze ground types. Iron head is obviously for abusing serene grace, and wish is to keep the team healthy. Fire punch is the only move up for debate, as it only hits annoying steel types. Protect could be used for extra recovery, plus free wishes, or u-turn could let me spam volt switch/u-turn and give my wishes to salamence more easily. Besides the wishes, this guy complements Salamence very well, as the two can very effectively play off each other’s weaknesses. His paralysis spreading makes it easier for the menace to smash down walls, and wish helps with life orb recoil, stealth rock and enemy attack damage. Jirachi is also capable of haxing his way through some foes on his own. This guy is not going to be replaced, but I am open to suggestions for the evs and final moveslot.

Salamence @ life orb
Rash w/ intimidate
116 Atk / 216 SpA / 176 Spe
-Draco meteor
-Fire blast
-Brick break
-Outrage
Mixmence. This guy is an essential part of the team. He has higher speed and attacking stats than dragonite, and the extra defense won’t matter too much with the wishmaker around. Among my considerations for this guy is moving some speed evs into the attack stats, because of paralysis support. He dishes out the hurt on just about anything, given proper predictions. Wishes from jirachi heal a fair bit of his health, and help counteract sandstorm, life orb, etc. Once he has bruised and beaten the opponent’s team down enough, one of the sweepers can come in and clean up. Paralysis also helps him out speed threats and batter walls. Intimidate makes up for the lost defense from rash.

Heatran @ air balloon
Timid w/ flash fire
252SpA/4SpD/252spe
-fire blast
-earth power
-hidden power ice
-stealth rock
Standard offensive set. Fire blast is for STAB, but I may change to flamethrower if I miss too often. Earth power is for other heatran without air balloon or for rain/ground weaknesses/etc. Hidden power ice is for gliscor and any enemy dragons, and stealth rock really works with the switches heatran forces, as well as helping the team in general. Heatran is a counter for many things in the metagame and he could also take anything scizor throws at it and hit back with a STAB fire blast. Further, this guy can take advantage of any fire type attack aimed at jirachi and any earthquakes, as long as he still has his balloon. (I always tie it around his finger so it won’t float away J) Fighting moves are a pain on several levels. He also helps with sun teams once dugtrio is gone, and can survive long enough to set up stealth rock again if he has to.

Rotom-W@ choice scarf
Timid w/ levitate
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
-Volt switch
-Hydro pump
-Hidden power fire
-trick
Volt switch allows me to scout and conserve momentum, while also forcing switches and raking up stealth rock damage. Hydro pump is the reason everyone uses the washing machine. Hidden power fire for grass types *cough* ferrothorn *cough*, and trick to cripple something once I no longer need the speed. He gives rain teams a lot of grief and works as a revenge killer also.

Latios@ Expert belt
Timid w/ levitate
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-dragon pulse
-surf
-hidden power fire
-psyshock
This offensive latios is meant to take advantage of the walls that salamence will be KOing or severely weakening. Dragon pulse for stab and reliability (I don’t need two meteors). Surf and hidden power fire for coverage, and psyshock for blissey and virizion. The expert belt avoids more passive damage and allows me to bluff a choice item, if need be.

Terrakion@ air balloon
Jolly w/ justified
-close combat
-stone edge
-rock polish
-swords dance
This one is also meant to take advantage of downed walls, and can boost its attack, speed, or both depending on the situation. These two attacks get STAB and have good coverage. Air balloon helps avoid earthquakes. Justified allows him to work well with latios, who tends to draw in dark moves.

I am open to suggestions and would love to hear about how I can make this team better. The lati@ts give me a lot of trouble, and I have some difficulty with weather (for every kind of weather there is at least one Pokémon that does not enjoy it). I also feel like a rapid spinner, spike layer or both could be of great use. Gyarados with substitute is a big problem, too. Thanks to everyone who takes the time to help me out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)