Team Scout-n-Sweep [OU]

U-turn is a beautiful move, and is honestly extremely overpowered. Giving you the ability to deal some damage on the opponent and net yourself a free switch is just fantastic and almost always gives you an advantage. I wanted to make a team that could seriously take advantage of the move U-turn. Every single member of my team has this move. That may seem a little over-the-top, but every member of my team also has an important function, whether it's to counter one lone Pokemon, or to set up someone else for a sweep. Regardless, this team functionsvery well and it's really difficult to take it down.

A sneak peek!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Trick
- U-turn

This Jirachi set is one of the coolest leads ever, hands down. Iron Head really deals a lot of damage to Azelf or Aerodactyl leads, and can really deal some nasty damage late game due to Serene Grace flinch haxing. Stealth Rock is just a staple; 2kos become 1kos, yada yada. Trick is the fun part of this set. It's just awesome screwing up lame Forretress leads or something for the rest of the game. U-turn is just U-turn, and is the them of the team, allowing me to scout my opponent, and is more often than not my first move of the game.

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- FALCON PUNCH
- YOU CAN'T RUN FROM MEH
- SUPERMAN!!!
- HIT AND RUN

Choice Band Scizor. It's one of these new and exciting sets that hasn't been used much and I'm one of the first people to use it! All sarcasm aside, this set has pretty much proved to the entire world of how sexy it is. Seriously, you're gonna get raped by my FALCON PUNCH or my awesome HIT AND RUN. If I encounter a Gengar or something, I use YOU CAN'T RUN FROM MEH to officially leave it out of commission. SUPERMAN!!! is just there to hit things like Empoleon for nasty OHKO and such.

Flygon (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spd
Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Outrage
- U-turn

A pretty cool set, and honestly better at scouting than Scizor. The most common Scizor switch-ins are things that can take U-turn and throw powerful Flamethrowers out. Flygon can scout a lot more threats than those things. Earthquake is pretty dang powerful regardless of the only decent attack stat of Flygon's. Stone Edge goes in instead of Fire Blast, mainly because Zapdos is a very frightening Pokemon to this team Infernape takes care of the Fire Blasting anyway, right? Outrage is an LOL to Salamence's without a dragon dance, and U-turn is U-turn. Again.

Crobat (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 104 HP / 152 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Taunt
- U-turn

Hello there, why aren't you in OU again? One of the craziest sets in existence, Crobat freakin' SHUTS.THINGS.DOWN. This guy works as my Infernape counter too, x4 resisting Grass Knot and Close Combat and smacking it with his courageous powers in Brave Bird. Roost keeps it alive, and with my massive speed, I can roost before anything even touches me. Taunt is for stat uppers, and I outspeed most things after a dragon dance and prevent them from getting MORE dragon dances. U-turn is, once again, U-turn.

Infernape (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 64 Atk / 192 Spd / 252 SAtk
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Close Combat
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Since I have a Celebi on my team I thought Grass Knot was pretty useless, so I replaced Grass Knot with my favorite move in U-turn. This is more or less the standard MixApe, just with U-turn. Close Combat is just like the "screw you" button, as it pretty much hurts a lot of things. This guy is a serious stall breaker, as Fire Blast takes out Skarmory's and Close Combat handles Blissbitch. Hidden Power Ice is a good Salamence slapper, and U-turn is, for the fifth time, U-turn.

Celebi @ Flame Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Grass Knot
- Recover
- Trick
- U-turn

If there was any real "star" to my time, which there isn't really cause this is all about slowly killing my opponent, it would be this guy. One of the most underestimated sets ever. I always like to have a "weird" set stuck in my teams just because I'm cool like that, and this would be that weird set. This thing's U-turn does piddly damage, but it's there, and damn it, it still works. The main thing about this set is tricking Flame Orb. What are the common switches to Celebi? Stuff like Scizor, Salamence, maybe Flygons, TYRANITARS...what do all of these have in common? They HATE getting burned. So I bring this guy in after something gets killed (or something), and just use Trick, because more often than not a physical attacker is coming. Even special attackers don't like having 10% of their health drained each turn, anyway. Even if I hate to wait to trick, Natural Cure makes my life lovely again by getting rid of the burn. Recover is delicious because..it is. This thing works as a fantastic Gyarados counter what with Flame Orb tricking and a decently strong Grass Knot, too. U-turn is...you guessed it, U-turn.

That's my team. Hopefully you enjoy it.

U-turn is indeed a nice move, and I like the way your team is set up; but unfortunately there's one pokemon that resists in against whom your team can't really do anything - Zapdos. Heat wave for Jirachi and Celebi, Thunderbolt for everyone else except Flygon who fears HP ice. Infernape's hidden power ice can deal some damage to it, but:

Your Infernape's HP Ice vs. 4 HP / 0 SPDef Timid Zapdos: 45.03% - 53.11% (2HKO at best)
252 SPAtt Timid Zapdos's Thunderbolt vs. Your Infernape: 76.45% - 90.10% (Possible OHKO with stealth rock; OHKO with stealth rock after life orb recoil)

Thus I'd give flygon stone edge. Come in on a thunderbolt or heat wave, outspeed with your scarf and give dos a nice stone edge as a parting gift.

PS, I figured out the moveset on scizor immediately. LOL. It's funnier cuz you even say, "CB scizor" in the comments for scizor and reading the posts I'm thinking, seriously, even if you can't figure out the moves by looking at them, who doesn't know the CB scizor set?

Choice Band Scizor. It's one of these new and exciting sets that hasn't been used much and I'm one of the first people to use it! All sarcasm aside,

Oh my, I hadn't thought of or encountered a single Zapdos yet. Thank god I hadn't, because you're totally right, I would get my ass handed to me by one.

Do you think Stone Edge should go over Fire Blast since Infernape basically handles the fire attacks?

SoulRed: thank god, an intelligent person!

Oh my, I hadn't thought of or encountered a single Zapdos yet. Thank god I hadn't, because you're totally right, I would get my ass handed to me by one.

Do you think Stone Edge should go over Fire Blast since Infernape basically handles the fire attacks?
Yup, probably. Fire blast is a good move on Flygons in general but infernape uses it much better, and assuming you time it right and the other guy doesn't predict your switch and use brave bird (which very few do due to their usual objective of setting up spikes), you can switch in infernape on a Skarmory and it will be forced out.

EDIT (Seeing your post): Flygon can also handle Metagross for you ^_^

infernape taking any hits is a little fail =/
Well the only reason I need a fire attack is to handle steels, because grass types sure as hell aren't giving me any problems. The common steels are Skarmory, Scizor, and Metagross pretty much. Infernape can take a Bullet Punch or Meteor Mash and can come in while Skarmory is spiking. Tada.

BIG loven

Not so little anymore
Well the only reason I need a fire attack is to handle steels, because grass types sure as hell aren't giving me any problems. The common steels are Skarmory, Scizor, and Metagross pretty much. Infernape can take a Bullet Punch or Meteor Mash and can come in while Skarmory is spiking. Tada.
yeah but with sr and maybe spikes up and you have him with the life orb, he would die pretty quickly, but if it works for you go for it

Well honestly the constant U-turn pounding still hurts steel types pretty bad even with their resistance to it, so Infernape is usually okay for me.

I'm thinking of replacing Crobat, as awesome as he is, because he just doesn't seem to fit very well.

SlottedPig

sem feio
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
If your thinking of replacing Crobat, Gliscor is definetely the Pokemon to choose. Although it lacks Crobat's insanely fast Roosts and strong Brave Birds, it is very bulky, puts resistances to better use, and gives a 2nd STAB Earthquake to nail those pesky steels. Not to mention U-Turn.

Edit: It's redundant to bold your Pokemon descriptions.

Okay, but can Gliscor be a reliable way of taking care of Infernape?

Infernape outspeeds and kills with HP Ice, right? Should I use one with a Yache Berry?

Also, thanks Jigo, didn't notice that.

I don't have much to say regarding the team members themselves, but while you may be "scouting" your opponent, chances are you'll be showing a good lot of your hand as well. It's an interesting concept, however, once your opponent catches on, they'll probably be able to poke a few holes in your plan. Also, Mean Look, Dugtrio, and anything other trapping moves/Pokemon could hamper your entire team, depending on the match-up.

I'm liking your Celebi, though. I have a bit of a soft spot for "wierd" sets.

I don't have much to say regarding the team members themselves, but while you may be "scouting" your opponent, chances are you'll be showing a good lot of your hand as well. It's an interesting concept, however, once your opponent catches on, they'll probably be able to poke a few holes in your plan. Also, Mean Look, Dugtrio, and anything other trapping moves/Pokemon could hamper your entire team, depending on the match-up.

I'm liking your Celebi, though. I have a bit of a soft spot for "wierd" sets.
lol wtf?

U-turn allows the user to switch out of Mean look/Arena Trap/etc.
Dugtrio/Magnezone doesn't pose much of a threat this team.

EDIT: Dugtrio only poses a threat to Iinfernape, and magnezone only poses a threat to Scizor. The team as a whole isn't threatened that much by trappers. Also, a smart u-turn can prevent both pokemon from being trapped in the first place.

lol wtf?

Well, scarfzone will still kill scizor before it u-turns out, and dugtrio is faster than everyone it can trap; but it's easy enough to revenge kill both of them after those situations, and that's all any team really needs since you really can't "counter" a trapper.

lol wtf?

EDIT: Dugtrio only poses a threat to Iinfernape, and magnezone only poses a threat to Scizor. The team as a whole isn't threatened that much by trappers. Also, a smart u-turn can prevent both pokemon from being trapped in the first place.
Oh, opps.

The rest of my statement still stands, though. This team looks good on paper, but it would be interesting to see how you use it in battle.

Most of the time as I'm U-turning I only try to show a certain combination of Pokemon.

Jirachi and Crobat form a nice combination of real fast not-too-hard hitting U-turns, and Crobat can work with Jirachi as an anti-lead combo that taunts and damages and the like.

Scizor and Flygon is a nice combo that protect each other's weaknesses, and their combination is more damage dealing than any other.

Infernape and Celebi don't share a single weakness other than flying, and Infernape is really good at taking down the pursuiters that scare Celebi. Not to mention that Celebi can trick the flame orb onto a would-be MixApe counter.

Celebi makes a really good flame/toxic orb tricker because if it encounters something that's not worth tricking, it can just U-turn/switch to get rid of the burn it gets from the orb.

august

you’re a voice that never sings
is a Community Leaderis a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Smogon Classic Winnerwon the 5th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
OGC Leader
Hello.

I think you are really overlooking the damage Lucario can do to this team. The same thing can easily be said about Skarmory or Forretress, particularly Skarm who won't even take care about Flame Orb. If you're going to use a U turn team then at least exploit something that can trap shit that can sit and take U turns all day long. I can't really find anywhere to fit Magnezone in but Zapdos (as mentioned before) would be a welcomed addition to your team over Celebi. Zapdos still resists fighting and can actually scare off Skarmory and Forretress and take fighting attacks pretty solidly. Zapdos also actually counters Lucario, whereas your generally forced to revenge kill it.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP/228 Def/32 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- U-turn
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Heat Wave

I'm kind of curious what the Attack EVs are doing for you on Crobat as well. When I find myself using Crobat (when it was UU) I much perfer 104 HP / 152 Defense / 252 Speed. Here are some examples where it can prove useful:

Adamant +2 Lucario Extreme Speed does 66.17% - 78.04% with 104 HP / 152 Def, whereas 104/0 takes 78.93% - 93.18%. This can help lategame against Luke since X Speed will only OHKO 20% of the time.

Skarmory's Brave Bird does 32.05% - 37.98% with 104/152 and with 104/0 it does 38.58% - 45.40%.

I also don't really see any need for Attack EVs since most Defensive mons are easily outstalled once you Taunt them.

Run Max Speed on Flygon also. Without Max Speed you have no chance at outrunning +1 Salamence, Standard Scarf Jirachi, or possibly the most scary of all; Jolly Gyarados. As it is now, even if you used Zapdos, you'd have huge headaches from Max Speed Jolly Gyara. After a Dragon Dance every one of your mons can be OHKO'd even without residual damage (iirc). Use Stone Edge / U turn / Outrage / Earthquake @ Jolly 252/252. It will help loads against the above mentioned mons. Gyarados can still cause troubles though since Flygon still gives it a free DD while locked into Earthquake but it shouldn;t be too hard to handle.

Good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)