Team Super Awesome Dynamite Platinum Brothers (OU)

Note: This is not final, there may be mistakes with grammar and spelling. If so, please help me find them, so I can fix it fast.

I had a previous thread named exactly like this, but it was old and nothing was in it, not even my RTM. If this RTM is hard to understand/read, I am sorry. Without further ado, here is the team:

|Team at a Glace|

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Trick
- Stealth Rock
---

This Jirachi is a Anti-Lead variation, a variation which I love very much. This saved me bunches of times, even after the lead is gone. These EV's give 328 Atk and 448 Spd (With Choice Scarf), These EV's also give Iron Head a big boost, which makes Jirachi get massive kills on Steel-weak Pokemon (Such as Tyranitar, Rypherior, and most Rock/Ice types.) The Flinch rate is also appreciated (and hated by my opponents). U-Turn for determining my opponents moves, Trick for when I know a pokemon wont be able to use it correctly (Blissey, I'm looking at you.) Stealth Rock is usually after I Trick, but I can do it in the beginning of the match as well.

Flygon (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
---

This is my Physical Attacker, Flygon. The shear power of this set is unimaginable. Flygon has the strength to take down almost any wall I come in contact with (If I predict right, that is :P) Earthquake and Outrage are for STAB and Type Coverage. U-turn in case something else comes in, and for Scouting. Stone Edge is for those Gyarados's and other Flying Types. This set is the opposite of the Anti-Lead set. 328 Speed and 448 Atk beat down a lot of pokemon who are unprepared.

Gengar (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hypnosis
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Punch
- Thunderbolt
---

This is my Special Attacker. This set is to suprise those Special Walls (Blissey, and others, I'm looking at you, again.) with Focus Punch, expecting a special move instead of a physical. Hypnosis for that sleep we desperately need. Shadow Ball is for, of course, STAB and combined with Focus Punch, hits the entire metagame for neutral damage. Thunderbolt for those Starmies (Who I'll try to eliminate) and those weak to it.

Tangrowth (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP/228 Def/28 Spd
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Sleep Powder
- Power Whip
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed
---

This is my Physical Wall, and he does an awesome job of doing it. People should use this guy more often, and bump him up to OU tier, He's just that good. Sleep Power for when Gengar faints, and when Gengar's victim wakes up. Power Whip for a strong grass type attack, Knock off for those annoying pokemon, Leech Seed for HP restore.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def/80 SAtk/176 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Aromatherapy
- Softboiled
- Flamethrower
- Toxic
---

After testing with this many Blisseys, I believe this one fits the bill to my needs. Too many times have I got poisoned, burned, and para-haxed. I needed Aroma to fix all that. Softboiled and Toxic for that stalling strat that makes everyone go crazy. I picked Flamethrower, but it can be changed to Ice Beam.

Infernape (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 64 Atk/192 Spd/252 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Close Combat
- Hidden Power [Ice]
---

This is my Mixed Sweeper, also known as the MixApe. This set has done little to me (Probably because I couldn't use it correctly.) so I may switch to something else. Fire Blast over Flamethrower for power, Close Combat for STAB and Power, Hidden Power (Ice) is for dragons, but I wouldn't survive for that.

|Final Glance|

NOTE: This is not final, therefore this might be full of spelling and grammical errors. Please help me fix it, as my Spell Checker isnt working.

i really dont see why you have focus punch on gengar, i know that its a physical attack to suprise sp. walls, but it usually doesnt work unless its on a pokemon with substitue or a 100% accuracy sleep move such as spore.
gengar will get damaged when its using focus punch making it useless, i would just go with focus blast instead, just because of the much lower accuracy of hypnosis

Grass Knot > HP Ice on Infernape. Since you have Fire Blast, dragons, with the exception of Latias and Dragonite, are no longer a problem, and the latter will beat you 100% of the time even with HP Ice. The latter is not nearly as common as bulky waters like Swampert and Gyarados, who are both OHKOed by Grass Knot(the latter needs a NP boost).

The team look decent although you really have no way of handling DD Salamence, with your only dragon resist being trapped by Magnezone, not having an ice move, and likely 2HKOed by Outrage. I think a support Registeel w/Expert Belt(look at analysis) could work well > Jirachi, who is becoming outclassed with all of the other steel leads around, who can hit you SE. Registeel can also set up Stealth Rock early game, while checking Salamence late game, OHKOing with Ice Punch + 1 round of Life Orb recoil.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)