Team thunda

I made this team today, and won a few battles with it. No team is perfect though so you guys can help me improve it.

It's Like A Little Prayer (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 240 HP/132 Def/136 Spd
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Wish
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Zen Headbutt

Jirachi. This is used to get Stealth Rock up first turn (hopefully) in order to aid Heracross and Salamence in their destruction. I was thinking of putting a Lum Berry on it in order to take out Gengars turn one. I'm not sure Zen Headbutt OHKOs though.
---

Love Is All That I Want (Salamence) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 120 Atk/136 Spd/252 SAtk
Mild nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast

I thought of this myself. It's similar to ChainChomp, but Salamence actually has good Special Attack. With Stealth Rock up Draco Meteor always KOs Vaporeon and Starmie (who I outspeed after a DD). Fire Blast always KOs Skarmory, who may try and Whirlwind. I'm not sure about Bronzong though.
---

How Did It End Up Like This? (Gyarados) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 216 HP/16 Atk/176 Def/100 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Taunt
- Earthquake
- Waterfall

Just the standard Gyarados. He resists both of Jirachi's weaknesses, so he is easy to heal using Wish and U-turn.
---

You Keep Me Coming Back For More (Heracross) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Guts
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Sleep Talk
- Stone Edge

This seemed like a good idea, and it payed off in one match where I switched it in on Toxic Spikes and it killed two pokemon before needing to be switched.
---

Hold Me In Your Arms (Blissey) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 148 HP/252 Def/108 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect
- Flamethrower

I dont feel safe against Azelfs or Heatrans without Blissey. I looked at the analysis and I wanted to try this set out, and it worked well against a Choice banded Weavile.
---

Open Up My Eager Eyes (Donphan) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Def
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Roar
---
I love Ninjask leads! Jirachi gets a free stealth rock, u-turns to Donphan who blows all their boosts away. And with Rocks up Ninjask wont like switching in again. Rapid Spin gets rid of enemy rocks who harm Gyarados and Salamence.

Just to nitpick a little here, as I am quite tired.

Almost every other BulkyGyara or DDGyara for that matter you see is going to outspeed you. Yes, that is the set listed for BulkyGyara on the analysis page, but if you look around, almost every single Gyarados (except the Rest Talkers) have more than 100 Speed EVs. The common spread I see for DDGyara now is 252 Atk / 184 Spe / 72 HP.
Not a very bulky spread especially in comparison to the standard, but it outspeeds other Gyarados, allowing you to Taunt before they do, and believe me, that's a very important thing. A spread I used before was 200 HP / 84 Atk / 36 Def / 188 Spe. A bulky spread that allows you to outspeed opponent Gyarados all the time without fail, except if they are Scarfed, which is pretty .__.
Feel free to experiment and switch around the values for HP and Attack, depending on what you want in your Gyara; Bulkiness or power.

On the same pokemon, Waterfall+Stone Edge is usually preferred, as Waterfall+Earthquake gets you walled by Salamence and co., and notably, other Gyara.

Malfunction

nice desu ne
^^good point, switch to standard hera. Also, I suggest you put change hera's ev spread to 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spe.
You don't really need that much speed.

I like this team alot. Here are some suggestions...

I would lead with Gyarados or Salamence.

Gyarados EVs:
148 HP / 172 Def / 188 Spe - Try that out for a bulky sweeping Gyarados, I suggested it to Dormin, and he's used it since. Also use Stone-Edge > Earthquake, to help you with other Gyarados.

I actually tried that Salamence before. I would lead with it, and "fake" a Mixmence early in the battle. Bring it out later to sweep.

I never liked dry Sleep Talk on any Choice user... It's only good for one attack. Go with pursuit, to make sure Gengar and Starmie bite the dust, which will help your own Gyarados.

This team is very good, but has an ALARMING DD Gyarados weakness, as it will run through your whole team with little effort. I recommend something to counter it.

This team is very good, but has an ALARMING DD Gyarados weakness, as it will run through your whole team with little effort. I recommend something to counter it.

With proper prediction Donphan can roar back gyarados, And you could always give salamense lightning fang(need to check on this one) if not, hidden power. Most of your team has big issues with special attackers but luckily Blissey's there to block. With proper prediction, you could poison common blissey switch-ins, except metagross, who i oddly never see in RMTs these days....

Um using Donphan to Roar back Gyrados is one of the dumbest ideas I've seen in a RMT. Seriously, it gets a free, possibly boosted, STAB SE Waterfall on you. Nobody's going to get that greedy and go for the extra DD.

I suggest Starmie over Donphan to combat that DDGyara weak and Rapid Spin at the same time. It is a much better spinner with Natural Cure and a recovery move. As for those Ninjask leads, just go directly to Gyrados, then Taunt.

Heatran has some major fun against your Blissey, as you can't touch it, so that's not a very good counter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)