Team (Typhlosion?) OU RMT

This is my first RMT Smogoners, but I've been on the site for a while so I know the basics.

Not too long ago I saw an all-steel RMT and someone noted that a scarfed Typlosion would wreck the team. I had never used or even seen a scarfed Typlosion, but it's speed and access to Eruption made me want to use it, and I based my team around it.

So here it is, Team Typhlosion! (crappy name, I know lol)

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP/216 Def/52 SAtk
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Beam
- Earthquake
- Roar

I've tried Suicide leads, anti-leads, Ninjasks leads, but nothing has worked like Swampy. Unless I'm up against Aerodactyl, Crobat Electrode or another taunter, I use SR, which is vital to the team's success. Earthquake and Surf are very useful stabs, covering many different enemies. And with Roar I can scout the other team while racking up SR that helps dearly. Swampert only seems to fall the enemies with Grass Knot, the most common being MixApe. The best part about swamper as opposed to other leads is that he comes back in the game to be a supporting player once again as a very good wall.

Flygon (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk/176 Spd/80 SAtk
Lonely nature (+Atk, -Def)
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- U-turn
- Fire Blast

People may think of Flygon as being outclassed by dragons like Salamence, Dragonite and the such, but Flygon can definetley hold his own. His stab EQ anhilates so many enemies, but with so many levitators and flying types it can be hard to use. Outrage is ever so powerful, but once again risky as a Skarmory or another steel type can come in and set up. U-turn is my #1 most used move, as it gives me the switch in-advantage. Fire Blast is for when I predict Skarmory and the bunch. Flygon is my main physical attacker, weakening threats for Typhlosion. He can come in many times and put a dent on an entire team.

Forretress (M) @ Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP/60 Atk/196 Def
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Explosion

In this spot I originaly had Roserade as he could spike and SubSeed, which was useful. But what Roserade lacks that Foretress has is the ability to Rapid Spin. I like to get in 2-3 layers of Spikes, and if I can a layer of toxic spikes. After he's done is duty, BOOM! Taunt really screws him over, but I'm not afraid of bringing him back in many times if I have to. I need rapid spin support because of Typhlosion. With Stealth Rock on the field he starts at 75% health, heavily weaking the power of Eruption.

Rotom-h @ Choice Scarf Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/ 152 Def/ 104
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
-Shadow Ball
-Discharge
-Overheat
-SleepTalk

With all my field hazards, rapid spinners would have a fun time ruining all my work, so I knew I had to have a spin-blocker. Rotom-h does this job oh so well. Apart from being a spin blocker, he is my sleep absorber. ShadowBall has stab and deals with Physics, namely Latias. Overheat is a check for Scizor, Lucario, ect.. Discharge over T-bolt because the Paralysis has saved me more than once. Plus he's not meant to dish out power.

Lucario (M) @ Life Orb Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spe, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Extremespeed
- Crunch

Swords Dance Lucario. I've seen a spike in usage as of late, and I'm really not sure why there'd be a spike, because it should always be sky-high. After a SD, his Close-Combat rips through anything that isn't a ghost. Extreme-speed has been my move of choice. Usually I find myself using this before a SD. Infact, Lucario's main role has been way different than I expected. I had him originaly to wipe though walls, but he's been much more of a revenge killer with extreme speed. I have only Swords Dance swept once in 10 matches. But through it all, Lucario has yet to fail me.

Typhlosion (M) @ Choice Scarf Ability: Blaze
EVs: 144 Atk/112 Spd/252 SAtk
Rash nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Eruption
- Focus Punch
- Overheat
- Earthquake

Oh yeah, it's Typlosion. My enemies should be shaking in fear at the sight of this mammoth, fire breathing porcupine. His scarf brings him to a speed of 396, outrunning a majority of the metagame. Eruption is the only move I've used so far, and even down towards 65% it scored OHKOs. Smogon has practical uses for the other moves. but Eruption is all I've needed. He's almost always the last guy I bring out. As I've said before, SR anad spikes are vital, because I'm not sure if I'd get the OHKO's that I get. But with them, Typhlosion has won me a game from a 4-1 dephecit. It's remarkable how underused he is.

So in 10 games of Shoddy, I am 8-2. One loss was to a BP chain where I thought the lead Smeargle was a Spore lead, but he trapped by Rotom and they had a ball setting up on me. But, this is my team, and I enjoy using it :). Credit to Arkeis.com for the pictures.

Building Process

As I stated before, I wanted to try out Scarfed-Eruption-Typhlosion.

Next, I wanted a physical attacking counterpart. I wanted him to be able to take EQ's, stone edges and water moves decently, and Flygon fit those categories.

Then it was time for a lead. I knew I needed rocks, and I didn't want him to share weaknesses, so I chose Swampert.

I knew my team would cause changes, and I wanted to make my Typhlosion sweep easier, so I chose Roserade to spike and SubSeed

With all of my hazards, I felt the need for a Spin Blocker. Rotom-F has my only Ice Move, plus I wanted a status absorber

Lastly, I wanted a Stat-booster that could sweep if Typhlosion is unable to, so I went with SD Lucario

Typhlosion was unable to sweep once because SR started him at 75%, so I needed a spinner. I appreciated the spikes roserade gave me, so I wanted a spinner/spiker. Fortress was the only one that came to mind.

Yeah, I love team-building process lol.

So Rate Away. Along with team help, I'd like to know how to make this prettier :)

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Your team is very lucario weak. He can switch into Forretress and Sword Dance up while forretress can't hurt him besides explosion. Every other pokes is then ko'd if rocks is on the field. Changing rotom-f to a scarfed rotom-h help deal with this and help give you some help versus Latias who also can be a problem.

Holy Shit. Editing my posts could be the most annoying thing ever.

I accidentaly had Roserade at the top in my team. It's fixed now.

Macle, I like swithing Rotom forms. Could I possibly run Rest-Talk-Shadowball-Overheat to deal with them and absorb status? I've only dealth with Luc once and mine was already SD'd, so I was able to OHKO him, but I guess I won in a speed tie. Should I change him to jolly and use Ice Punch over Crunch?

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You could run discharge / shadow ball / overheat / sleep talk rotom-h since forretress and lucario can switch into toxic, Flygon can switch into Twaves, and Typlosion can switch into wow so all you have to worry about then is sleep. Only problem is that rotom is still ohko'd by a boosted crunch but if you swich lucario from adamant to jolly, you are able to revenge kill it.

Bloo

Banned deucer.
I'll give a short rate. You really should invest some speed on Rotom, as otherwise it is pretty pointless using the Choice Scarf. Right now, Rotom is only hitting 312 Speed, meaning that even base 100s such as Salamence and Zapdos can outspeed it with a +Speed nature. If you want to retain durability and gain Speed as well, go for a spread of 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 Spe with the Bold nature. It is better to focus most of your EVs into Rotom's physical defense, as this is what it is better at taking hits from. The majority of Rotom's useful resistances are on the physical spectrum, so this allows Rotom to last out a bit longer. The 104 Spe EVs allow it to outspeed base 110s and below, namely Gengar, Latias, and Infernape, so you can hit them with Shadow Ball without having to take a hit yourself.

Also, Ice Beam is better then Surf on Swampert. Ice Beam allows Swampert to combat Dragon-types such as Salamence and Dragonite. Think about what Surf was htting; Ground-types and Fire-types mainly. Ice Beam retains the super effective hit on most Ground-types while Earthquake takes on Fire-types. Ice Beam also allows you to do something to Celebi when they switch-in. For those reasons, I'd use Ice Beam instead.

I would use Crunch in place of Ice Punch on Lucario. The Pokemon Ice Punch is supposed to be hitting, mainly Gliscor, usually run enough Speed EVs to outspeed Lucario, making Crunch the better option here since you will not be able to outspeed and kill with Ice Punch. Crunch allows Lucario to take care of bulky Ghost-types such as the Rotom formes in addition to Cresselia and various other Psychic-type Pokemon. Crunch also makes you have an easier time against stall teams, since they usually run Ghost-types and the like.

Crap, forgot about this lol.

Thank you tons Macle and Bloo. The only change I wasn't going to make was Surf to Ice Beam, but Surf isn't doing too much and Ice Beam does infact work better.

I playeed a rain dance team and lost badly. A Swampert was handing out boosted Waterfalls that were doing around 40% to Foretress, so I had no safe counter.

This team has been on a bit of a downfall latley and I need some help people!

Alright, I'm going to go ahead and suggest you keep Lucario with an Adamant nature. Outside the occasional speedy Rotom form I dont see a reason to run jolly. And with Adamant, Extreme Speed hits harder, pretty much solving speed problems. Thats just my 2 cents, so I may have overlooked something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)