Team Very Good (A Rain Hyper Offensive team)

Hello everyone! I am Sweep of Pokemon Showdown. I felt like putting my best team up for a rate because I don't really use it much anymore, so I don't mind spilling its secrets. However, I am still willing to listen to suggestions for improvements.

The goal of this team is to get up two quick hazards with Deoxys-S and proceed to decimate everything with immensly powerful attacks. Most of my pokemon are very fast, so I will often outrun other offensive teams. I have a couple of dedicated wallbreakers as well, so I hardly ever lose to stall teams. The trickiest teams I have encountered (aside from smashpass) are balanced rain teams, which do a solid job surviving hits from my pokemon and KOing back. As for teams that rely on two or more scarfers? I have a couple of sneaky ways to deal with those, too.

The team at a glance:

Note: Will not lie about EV spreads

Dave Wannstedt (Deoxys-Speed) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EV's: 4 HP, 252 Attack, 252 Speed
Nature: Jolly​

-Fire Punch
-Taunt
-Stealth Rock
-Spikes​

To win games, you have to run faster (I apologize to any Buffalo Bills or Pittsburgh Panther fans that get this reference). That's where Deoxys-Speed comes in. It does a tremendous job getting SR and a layer of spikes up most of the time. Very little can stomach the attack of my pokemon after hazards are on the field. The given EV's are simple: reach 504 speed to tie most other Deoxys-S, and 252 attack EV's are to OHKO Genesect leads most of the time, as well as heavily damage stuff like Excadrill and Forretress that try to sit in front of you and spin away your hazards. In fact, Fire Punch 2HKO's Exca, Ferrothorn, and Forry!

If I see another lead Deoxys-S, I use Fire Punch to break its sash instead of dealing with the possibility of losing a Taunt speed tie or getting Magic Coated. I then switch out to Ghostceus and either kill it with Judgment or set up a Calm Mind, depending on whether or not the opponent used Magic Coat or Taunt. Against lead EKiller, I set up SR instead of desperately switching out. If it attacked, I switch out to Ghostceus to absorb the Extremespeed. If it set up a Swords Dance, I use Taunt so it cannot further set up. Lead Arceus are a pain, but since it cannot OHKO Ghostceus with Shadow Claw even at +2, my Arceus has ~50% of beating it with two Focus Blasts. If Arceus gets off a Swords Dance and I only land one Focus Blast, I send in Kyogre and immediately fodder Deoxys-S, at which point Omastar easily revenge with Surf. So yeah, lead EKiller are a pain but I can usually beat it without taking too much damage.

I don't lead Deoxys-S if I see something like Thundurus or Tornadus. I instead use Ghostceus or Latios to take a Thunder Wave/Taunt and kill it off. I also lead with Ghostceus (or Genesect) if I know the opponent will lead with a Magic Bouncer, Tyranitar, or an EKiller. Apart from that, Deoxys-S is one of the best leads in the game.

Threatening (Kyogre) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Drizzle
EV's: 200 HP, 252 Special Attack, 56 Speed (0 attack IV's)
Nature: Modest​

-Water Spout
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Thunder​

Kyogre is a beautiful creature. It is also great at luring out Ferrothorn, Chansey, and other things that think they can take a Scarfed Water Spout, only to realize that this thing runs Specs. Water Spout cleanly OHKO's almost anything that doesn't resist it in rain, Surf is great for consistency later on in battles, Thunder severely damages Palkia switchins, and Ice Beam is for Latias and Grassceus switchins. Speaking of which, my team even handles Specially Defensive Latias: after Ice Beam and SR, it'll be sitting at ~38% health, at which point it will likely Light Screen. I switch out to Genesect on the screen and either kill Latias or force it to switch out, at which point the UTurn will allow me to switch to the appropriate counter for whatever my opponent sends in, continuing my momentum. So basically, it's almost impossible to even check Kyogre, forget counter it. Only Gastrodon and Shedinja pose major problems, and the latter is destroyed by SR anyway.

The given EV's allow it to outspeed practically every lightly invested base 90, including most Ho-Oh which are usually capped at ~48 speed EV's. Speed creeping this thing has paid off big-time. 438 Special Attack helps Kyogre annihilate almost anything Water Spout touches. 200 Health EV's provide Kyogre with enough bulk to survive a +2 Extremespeed from Arceus lacking Silk Scarf or Life Orb, while striking back with Surf for an OHKO after SR. The extra bulk is helpful in general for winning weather wars.

Michael Bay (Genesect) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Download
EV's: 252 Attack, 4 Special Attack, 252 Speed
Nature: Naive​

-Iron Head
-U-Turn
-Explosion
-Ice Beam​

Genesect is an excellent revenge killer/scout for this team. It disposes of Darkrai, the Lati twins, and Grassceus after a Calm Mind. It can also explode out of desperation if I need it to on something like Chansey. If the opponent tries to protect a pokemon from getting revenge killed by Genesect, U-Turn allows me to switch to the appropriate counter to the switch-in while the opponent racks up entry hazard damage. Genesect is also important in removing DD Rayquaza.

Max Attack allows Genesect to hit fairly hard (though not always as hard as I'd like), and 252 Speed + Naive ensures that I speed tie with other max speed Genesect. I am using a nature that lowers Special Defense so that Genesect takes physical priority well without lowering Genesect's Special Attack. Genesect is solid at all points in the game, especially mid-game. Finally, I am not afraid to lead with it against Tyranitar.

Death Star (Omastar) @ Life Orb
Trait: Swift Swim
EV's: 4 HP, 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed (0 Attack IV's)
Nature: Modest​

-Hydro Pump
-Shell Smash
-Surf
-Ice Beam​

Say hello to one of the most devastating revenge killers in Ubers. If an opponent is Choice-Locked into the wrong move -- for instance, a Scarf Kyogre revenge killed Latios with Ice Beam, or Kingdra revenge killed Ghostceus with Outrage -- Omastar jumps in, sets up a free Shell Smash and most likely destroys the opponent's team due to hazards. Nothing can take a +2 Hydro Pump or Ice Beam after SR and Spikes, apart from specially defensive Kyogre, Chansey, and specially defense Latias. Hydro Pump tends to miss a lot, which is why it is only used on stuff like max HP Dialga and Ferrothorn (who can take Surf, but will likely die to Hydro Pump). Surf is used otherwise for consistency purposes.

Omastar can also smash on stuff like Forretress, though Omastar will lose its hazard support while doing so. In my experience, Omastar only gets off a smash around 30-35% of the time though. Against teams where it cannot get a smash off, it is still extremely useful, revenge killing stuff like Darkrai, Mewtwo, and Shaymin-S. It also serves as a terrific Ho-Oh check since most turkeys do not run Earthquake. Basically, Omastar holds opposing pokemon hostage in a prediction game. Suppose you bring in Omastar to revenge kill a Mewtwo. The opponent can either hide Mewtwo and risk his entire team getting swept, or keep Mewtwo in to take a Surf. Note how quick your opponent is to save something before choosing Shell Smash or an attacking move. One note on the Kabutops/Omastar debate: as good as it is, I do think Kabutops is better, but Kabutops is walled to hell and back by Groudon. Omastar is not, heavily damaging the beast as it switches in to spoil Omastar's rain. And I prefer Omastar over Kingdra due to Omastar's much stronger attacking power.

A Timid nature allows Omastar to reach 458 speed in rain, but the power loss is noticeable. Earth Power can be used over Surf, but you are only hitting Tentacruel. HP Dragon can OHKO Palkia after a smash; otherwise is is useless. HP Rock is Omastar's best option if you don't want to run both Surf and Hydro Pump, and helps it tear apart the Kyurems.

Wallbreaker (Latios) @ Soul Dew
Trait: Levitate
4 HP, 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed (0 Attack IV's)
Nature: Timid​

-Psyshock
-Draco Meteor
-Thunder
-Roost​

This is the best wallbreaker in all of Ubers in my opinion, due to a variety of factors. First of all, its Special Attack stat reaches 539 unboosted thanks to Soul Dew. With this SpA, Latios can wreck Blissey, Tentacruel, Giratina, defensive Kyogre, Support Groudon, and Lugia. Only Wallceus and Ferrothorn can really shut it down (Chansey and specially defensive Dialga have a shot, but after hazards they are in trouble). Because of Latios, I usually don't struggle much with Stall teams.

Its high speed allows it to perform against Offensive teams as well. Timid max speed allows Latios to speed tie other max base 110's, and the like of Espeon and the Lati twins often run a speed-hindering Hidden Power, which plays into my hands nicely. The downside to running Latios over Latias is that Latios cannot check offensive Kyogre (though it can revenge kill it). The upside to running Latios? An absolutely brutal Draco Meteor, which nukes just about anything that doesn't resist it after hazards (except Blissey and Chansey). If you expect a pink blob switchin, just Psyshock and they are cleanly 2HKO'ed after SR. In my opinion, Latios is ridiculously underrated and should see much more usage than it currently does in Ubers.

Not Arceus-Dragon (Arceus-Ghost) @ Spooky Plate
Trait: Multitype
4 HP, 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed (0 Attack IV's)
Nature: Timid​

-Calm Mind
-Judgment
-Focus Blast
-Recover​

One of my two loose EKiller checks, along with Omastar. This is an offensive spinblocker that can set up and sweep unprepared teams easily. It also trolls Scarf Terrakion that try to Close Combat, giving Ghostceus a free Calm Mind. Its major checks (Ho-Oh, Darkrai, Mandibuzz, Darkceus) are all handled by Omastar after hazards, though the fossil cannot switch in on Darkrai. Ghostceus is one of the 6-7 best pokemon in the game thanks to its offensive potential, bulk, and high speed.​

The given EV's allow it to hit stuff like Lugia hard right off the bat while outrunning all but max speed EKiller. Focus Blast 2HKO's even bulky EKiller. Judgment's power is boosted due to Spooky Plate, as you probably know. I love this thing!​

Changes I am considering:​

-Mystic Water over Life Orb on Omastar (Ice Beam no longer 2HKO's Palkia after SR and Spikes though)​

-Physical Ghostceus over Special Ghostceus (gives me another physical presence)​

-Anything over Roost on Latios (I have no idea what else it could run. I do NOT want to use HP Fire on a Rain team)​

Threat List:​

Palkia: A pain. Scarf Palkia is easy to deal with on my other teams but it annoys the hell out of this one. Lustrous Orb is really dangerous.)​

Substitute Darkrai: Annoying. It is no longer easy to revenge kill.​

Gastrodon: Walls Kyogre, Omastar, and can Recover after a Genesect U-Turn. Gastro is a terrible pokemon but gives me problems.​

Thunder Wave Kyogre: Ugh. All of my pokemon hate paralysis.​

Shout-outs:​

Hack He Must: Thanks for the help & suggestions for this team! Omastar is so much better with Surf for consistency.​

Immafly: Suggested I speed creep Kyogre. Again, a change that has paid off.​

AnikRahman1995, Devlind, HackHeMust, Shrang, and anyone else whose teams I have borrowed/stolen: Thanks for the cool teams.​

Importable:

Threatening (Kyogre) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 SAtk / 56 Spd / 200 HP
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Water Spout
- Thunder
- Surf
- Ice Beam

Death Star (Omastar) @ Life Orb
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Shell Smash
- Ice Beam
- Surf

Wall Breaker (Latios) (M) @ Soul Dew
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 4 HP / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Thunder

Not Arceus-Dragon (Arceus-Ghost) @ Spooky Plate
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 252 Spd / 4 HP / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Judgment
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Claw

Dave Wannstedt (Deoxys-Speed) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Fire Punch

Michael Bay (Genesect) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Download
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Explosion

Nice team there's not much I can suggest since it seems pretty solid although when I came in I thought you were using Normal Arceus and was wondering why you would use a Spiker and no ghost. Entry hazards can really wear your important Pokemon down specially if paired up with Dragon Tail Giratina. That's really the only weakness I can see.. Maybe Grass Knot over Thunder on Latios not as weather dependent and you don't have to resort to using Draco Meteor for Groudon and would also help against the rare Gastrodon. Scarf Shaymin-S or Leech Seed set can really do a number to your team but there's not much you can do about it without probably making it worse. Consider Giratina over Arceus-Ghost much more bulk and doesn't mind entry hazards because of Rest, it also let's you handle Arceus, Ho-oh, Thunder Wave Kyogre, Gastrodon, Excadrill (if you lose weather war) better.

will rate this tmr, there's too much to be write so using phone is inconvenient
ok couldn't get on com
dialga seems to be a problem, no? earth power on omastar prevents dialga from stopping its sweep. consider it, since dialga is like top 10 in usage.

+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Omastar Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 200 SpD Dialga in rain: 318-374 (78.71 - 92.57%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

not good enough and any priority or ttar limits you to sr only.
you could also consider hp grass for gastrodon which walls your entire team and stalls to death.

also there's nothing wrong with HP fire under rain, but you could use surf if you want.

on that note, once ferrothorn gets in, you're in for a hard time. it can stall out every member with leech seed and power whip, while setting up spikes happily.
hence I suggest using scarfed terrakion over scarfed genesect, since you have omastar for m2, while terrakion takes care of ferrothorn and forms a great offensive core with latios, taking care of latios' counters and checks.
your importable has shadow claw on ghostceus

Maybe try Memento over Roost on Latios. It could give Omastar an unexpected opportunity to Shell Smash, plus you could troll Ekillers that try to set up after you kill something with Draco Meteor.

Maybe try Memento over Roost on Latios. It could give Omastar an unexpected opportunity to Shell Smash, plus you could troll Ekillers that try to set up after you kill something with Draco Meteor.
Hmm...I will test that. That sounds intriguing. Thanks.

yeah, deoxys is better doing what its supposed to do, not a single forme does nasty plot well:
  • speed prefers setting hazards
  • attack prefers hitting right off the bat since after np its gonna be getting one hit off anyway due to no bulk
  • defense is slow, and if using agility, strapped for moveslots
  • normal is worse than attack

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)