Team "Wtf kind of moveset is th- Oh s*** i lost"

Hello smogoners! (you may skip this paragraph if you want) This is my second RMT and this team took some trial and error before it was as best as it could be. I was actually inspired to make this team when i played my friend and his agilirgross swept my team.

Team Building:

Okay so i needed something to outspeed agiligross so at first i thought of scarf latias but then i remembered how useless it was against scizor, so i went with zapdos, who resists all of scizors atks.

Next i looked at zapdos's SR weakness, i needed a rapid spinner, but i wanted one that can attack as well. So i used tentacruel, who nicely compliments zapdos.

Alright now i needed at way to take all the ice attacks aimed at zapdos so i used scizor and heatran besides scizor and heatran provide great synergy together.

Now needed something to setup SR and to take some hits. At first i used registeel, but it just didnt work out for me, so i decided on Bronzong.

Now all i needed was a lead, i wanted a non choiced hit and run lead. And believe it or not i used breloom because a 100% accurate sleep move appealed to me.

Insided Look:

EV's: 244Hp 252Atk 12Spe
Ability: Poison Heal
Nature: Jolly
Item: Toxic Orb
Moveset:

Spore
Seed Bomb
Stone Edge
Superpower

This is my lead. With this i can almost guarantee sleep on at least one of my opponents pokes. i usually spore my opponent then switch into bronzong and begin laying down SR. Seed bomb destroy swamperts who are dumb enough to stay in. Stone Edge hits aero. For some reason most azelf's don't taunt breloom because no one expects breloom as a lead. The Ev's are pretty straight forward, Max atk so i can hit as hard as possible, 244hp so he can take a few hits and the rest is put into speed to outspeed slower leads(ie: swampert hippow) Superpower lets me come in later on and destroy blissey. Breloom also works well as a mid-late game sleep inducer. All in all breloom makes and incredible lead.

How Breloom deals with other leads:

Aero: stone edge and take the taunt

azelf:this is a bit harder to predict, but attepmt to spore if taunted, go to bronzong. if hit by a fire move go to bronzong (you will see in a moment) or heatran

Metagross: Spore while it sets up

Swampert: See metagross

Heatran: switch to heatran

Infernape: switch to hetran to take the fake out, then switch to bronzong and take the close combat

Jirachi: Spore and take the scarf

T-Tar: See metagross

Gliscor: Go straight to bronzong to see what it does, if it taunts then switch to scizor and BP it if it doesnt carry fire fang. If it doesnt taunt then go straight to set up SR then blow up to eliminate it.

Roserade: Attempt to spore, if i fail go to bronzong and set up on it.

Heatran: Go to bronzong

EV's: 252Hp 86Atk 80Def 92SpD 0Spe IV
Ability: Heatproof
Nature: Sassy
Item: Shucca Berry
Moveset:

Stealth Rock
Earthquake
Gyro Ball
Explosion

Okay so this is a heatproof bronzong with shucca berry. No expects this out of the standard levitate zong. Shucca berry is incase they find out my zong in heatproof then i will usually blow up. Aside from bronzong upsetting heatrans, napes, and non-magnet rise magnetzone, zong sets up SR for my team. I like to keep zong until late game, so i can blow up in their face and eliminate their remainning pokes. Zong also makes up half of my kamikaze duo. Which consists of zong and heatran to blow up late game when their jobs are done. Zong makes a great wall and as mentioned sets up SR.

EV's: 4Atk 252Spe 252SpA
Ability: Flash Fire
Nautre: Naive
Item: Choice Scarf
Moveset:

Earth Power
Fire Blast
Dragon Pulse
Explosion

Choice scarf heatran is my revenge killer and also rips through grass and steel types with STAB fire blast. Earth power destroy t-tar and friends. Dragon pulse allows to hit water types and also hit dragon types, so im not a sitting duck while they switch in a dragon type and boost their stats up. Explosion is basically filter, as it allows me to destroy Blissey, the most annoying special wall ever. Heatran is also the second half of my kamikaze duo which is a duo exploding pokes.

EV's: 248Hp 252Atk 8Spe
Ability: Tecnician
Nature: Adamant
Item: Choice Band
Moveset:

Bullet Punch
Pursuit
Superpower
U-Turn

This is your standard CB zor and my how it tears through walls like nothing else. Base 130Atk is nothing to laugh at. And a techinician boosted STAB choice band BP is ridicoulously powerful and destroys anything that doesnt resist it. Pursuit takes care of physic types and ghost types. While superpower is for blissey and other scizors. U-turn is for scouting the opponent. Scizor works great on my team because it has a priority move and can take some hits along the way. All in all im satisfied by scizor.

EV's: 140Hp 116Spe 252SpA
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Modest
Item: Leftovers
Moveset:

Agility
Thunderbolt
Heat Wave
Hidden Power[Grass]

Here is the star of the team! Agilidos is awesome and he acts as my late game sweeper to clean up the mess. After agility agilidos outspeeds and revenge kills everything. Even a choice band mamo cannot OHKO me with ice shard while i will OHKO it back with heat wave same thing appplies to weavile. T-bolt lets me dent water types and hp grass is there for pert and ground type. I like to make sure all potential threats to zapdos are eliminated before i send him out.

EV's: 80Hp 252Atk 176Spe
Ability: Clear Body
Nature: Adamant
Item: Black Sludge
Moveset:

Rapid Spin
Swords Dance
Waterfall
Poison Jab

This set faks a defensive set when they see black sludge and rapid spin they will send out a special wall and then i can swords dance in their face and attack their shocked team who thought i was running a defensive set. RS is to clear the way for Zapdos to sweep while also packing some power itslef to attack other pokes. After a SD blissey is 2HKO y both the attacking moves. Tenta also gives a nice water typing to hit fire types.

Well this wraps up the RMT

I'm a little bit concerned with your Breloom lead. As you said, Azelf will be hard to predict and either Taunt, Fire Blast, or Psychic will all ruin your lead. All three of those moves are extremely common on lead Azelf as well. Gliscor will also outspeed Breloom and threaten it with a Taunt. Also, you have some problems with Infernape leads which you say you switch to Heatran for the Fake Out and then Bronzong for the Close Combat. The problem with this is that while Infernape will not OHKO your Bronzong because it has Heatproof, you will most likely not OHKO it back with Earthquake because lead Infernapes tend to carry Focus Sash. (This activates Blaze and will allow Infernape to KO your Bronzong.)

I think the best remedy for this without giving you a completely new lead would be to change Breloom to this:

Breloom @ Choice Scarf
4 HP / 252 Attack / 252 Speed
- Spore
- Superpower
- Seed Bomb
- Stone Edge

The Scarf will allow you to outspeed other leads and get that Spore off without fear of getting KO'd. (I know you didn't want a Choiced lead, but I really think this will help.)

Sorry I don't have a lot of time to look at the rest of your team, but I hope it helps.

I disagree with changing to a scarf breloom. when you see azelf, really fast change to bronzong and gyro ball or stealth rock.Scarf breloom opens some options to the opponent like DD gyarados. which under 2 DD's may be the end of the game for you. I really like your team. One of the problems you might have is a stall team with t-wave blissey. 6/10 for the team

He will not have a DD Gyarados problem because he has Bronzong who can switch in on the DD, survive the +1 Waterfall, and explode. He also has Zapdos for Gyarados who don't run Stone Edge.

Use Spore/Seed Bomb/Mach Punch/Protect for Breloom lead. Protect beats Roserade and Seed Bomb + Mach Punch beat Azelf and Aero. Spore for most others, except Infernape - you have to switch.

hmmm... these are not bad ideas, but i used to run a choiced scarfed breloom lead and i just can't outspeed aero which is why i decided for a bulkier set. I will think about the other moveset for breloom. thanx for the rate

Tentacruel wants Liquid Ooze imo, so that subseed Celebi and Roserade don't cause you problems by slowly draining your health as they outspeed you unless you go to a Jolly nature.

Also, on Breloom, you claim you would simply Spore Gliscor, when infact they run 216 Spe EVs and will be able to taunt you and will coincidentally wall you.

He will not have a DD Gyarados problem because he has Bronzong who can switch in on the DD, survive the +1 Waterfall, and explode. He also has Zapdos for Gyarados who don't run Stone Edge.
Umm how is that a good way to deal with something exactly? Since i mean switching a Bronzong into a Gyara is like the dumbest thing to do, dont you think any competent opponent will be like "well jee its totally not gonna go boom on my ass. >__>", switch, then you lose if it comes in on Scizor or Tran again ? Secondly non Bulky Zapdos takes fatal damage from even DD LO Waterfall (not to mention Ice Fang) so that is a horrible answer too.

Id lead with Zong (use lum berry) and then remove Breloom (since it really is a bad lead) for something to better deal with Gyarados as Breloom doesn't really do anything for this team. Id suggest some form of Rotom, not only does it help with Gyarados, but it also lets you take T-Bolts from the likes of Specs Jolt etc. A version of Rotom-W could be nice, as it cripples ScarfTar switch ins badly with Hydro Pump and this will give Zapdos a bit of breathing room later game. Rotom-W also helps with niggling weaks such as Taunt Gliscor who can actually threaten you rather badly.

before you lock i will say that you have a mixape wekaness. running CC, grass knot, HPICE, fire blast
That's not a problem.
Tentacruel can handle anything Infernape throws at his team. Not to mention Heatran is scarfed with Earth Power. Bronzong has the ability Heatproof. Mixape isn't that much of a threat.

Umm how is that a good way to deal with something exactly? Since i mean switching a Bronzong into a Gyara is like the dumbest thing to do, dont you think any competent opponent will be like "well jee its totally not gonna go boom on my ass. >__>", switch, then you lose if it comes in on Scizor or Tran again ? Secondly non Bulky Zapdos takes fatal damage from even DD LO Waterfall (not to mention Ice Fang) so that is a horrible answer too.
So according to you every player will switch when Bronzong is brought into a DD Gyarados. That obviously makes it a very good answer, and all he would need to do is set up SR on the switch rather than explode. Then he knows that his opponent has Gyarados and can play accordingly. Obviously Zapdos will take a lot of damage from a DD LO Waterfall, the point is to KO it before it sweeps the rest of his team. Clearly this won't work when Gyarados has Stone Edge or Ice Fang on its set, but if you know what attacks it has then you can come in without fear of the super effective attack. However, I do agree that Zapdos will probably not work as well simply because it will take 1/4th if the opponent sets up SR.

Hm, If you are going to have breloom as lead, do indeed scarf him.

I've had really good results from scarfloom as a lead. It puts everyone to sleep bar lum berry leads (most of which cannot outspeed and cannot ohko, so you get them the second turn) and aerodactyl whom I hit w stone edge as they taunt bringing him to 1 hp, then switch to ttar or priority attacker as they stealth rock and they die from sandstorm or bullet punch or so. He gets rocks up but that's all, and you do have a spinner.

Also, since he is not a suicide lead, he usually sticks around and is a decent revenge killer later on (spore/seed bomb/superpower/stone edge) and absolutely murders anything weak to fighting. Also, often, the sleeping lead wakes up or dies later on in the match, so you get to sleep another poke. Plus it adds an electricity resistance which you lack. Scarf breloom lead works for me.

Edit: against ttar leads I always superpower. They expect a spore and probably carry lum berry or something and always stay in. Bam, no more ttar. This works too vs swampert, though not consistently.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)