ORAS UU Thank You (My 1k Post)

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
Thank You.jpg

Artwork by the cool and awesome Sobi.

Hello everybody, and welcome to my 1,000th post RMT. This is a very special day for me, as today is also my 1 year anniversary on Pokemon Showdown! If you don't know me, hi, I'm BrandonBeast, but I think you should probably know me, I have a bit of a reputation around here! But I'll explain that at the end of this post. So, back to Pokemon. Today I will showcase a very weird team that I've been using on an alt, and it features one of the coolest mons I have ever seen: Clamperl! You might say that Clamperl is just a Little Cup mon and shouldn't be used in UU, but with it's item, DeepSeaTooth, it actually has potential as a strong attacker in Trick Room, as this RMT showcases! So, I shall now reveal to you, one of the greatest teams I have ever made (And possibly the most memey), welcome to TR with Clamperl.

The Squad:

GOD (Clamperl) @ DeepSeaTooth
Ability: Rattled
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Shell Smash

This mon is my pride and joy, I've actually grown attached to using this thing. So while Clamperl does look very underwhelming with it's poor stats, it makes up for it with DeepSeaTooth, which boosts it's Special Attack up to 542. This Special Attack is actually higher than a Deoxys-Attack's Special Attack, just to show you how powerful Clamperl is. While the Speed EVs and Modest Nature do look weird on a Trick Room team, Clamperl is slow as fuck anyways, so most offensive mons will outspeed it. Surf is the STAB move since Clamperl can't learn Hydro Pump, but it still hits extremely hard and has good neutral coverage. Ice Beam is for Grass types and Dragon types, and Hidden Power Grass is mainly for Swampert, although Hidden Power Electric is an option to hit Gyarados. Shell Smash may look out-of-place on a TR team, but it allows Clamperl to be a threat outside of Trick Room if it can set up (Usually on the last turn on TR when something like Mega Beedrill uses Protect to stall out TR turns), and Clamperl has like no movepool other than these moves anyways (lol). Clamperl does have a ton of flaws, though. It's basically unusable outside of TR unless you run like 5 other mons with Dual Screens, and it has bad bulk as well. But overall, with the right support, Clamperl can be an absolute monster in Trick Room, and I hope you all acknowledge it's beauty and elegance, or else Clamperl will come down from the heavens and destroy all.

Thanks Obama (Abomasnow-Mega) @ Abomasite
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 8 HP / 248 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Blizzard
- Wood Hammer
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake

Mega Abomasnow is an excellent partner for Clamperl, as it takes on the Grass and Electric types that Clamperl hates to fight, and it's also a complete monster in Trick Room, spamming Blizzards left and right, and picking off weakened foes with Ice Shard, and striking bulky waters with his Hammer of Wood. It can cause Earthquakes to strike down Fire-types! Basically, Mega Abomasnow is a great Water check for the team, and is a boss in TR. The EVs are to get a Stealth Rock number, then dump all the remaining EVs in Attack and Special Attack to maximize Mega Abomasnow's attacking potential. Overall, Mega Abomasnow is a great partner for Clamperl and an awesome Pokemon in general, so I'm happy to have it on here!

Taunt Me Bro (Cresselia) @ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Reflect
- Moonblast
- Magic Coat

Probably the weirdest set aside from Clamperl, Cresselia brings me a reliable Trick Room setter and even a Screens setter (Well, only one Screen.) Now, you may ask me why run only Reflect and not run both Reflect and Light Screen? Now, basically the answer is: I don't wanna be Dark bait. Also UU is a pretty physically-oriented meta right now in my opinion, so that's why Moonblast is on the set over Light Screen, to not be Dark bait. Magic Coat is really awesome on Cresselia, as it can bounce back Taunts, Stealth Rocks, all sorts of goodies. I like to use Cresselia as my lead usually, as it helps set up Trick Room easily with it's insane bulk, and also maybe set up Reflect, and bounce back Taunts and Stealth Rocks. Overall, Cresselia is probably the best supportive Pokemon of the team, and I'm glad to have it on here!

Scrooge (Porygon2) @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Recover
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

The second Trick Room setter of the team is Porygon2. As we all know, Porygon2 is pretty damn bulky with Eviolite, and has recovery in Recover and access to Trick Room, so it makes a good setter of the move. With BoltBeam coverage and decent Special Attack, it can even damage the opposing team pretty well inside Trick Room. Honestly, that's all I have to say about P2, it's a really simple mon really, Trick Room setter/abuser, and I'm happy to have it on the team!

Bell Pepper (Bronzong) @ Mental Herb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Trick Room
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion

The third and last Trick Room setter of the team, here is Bronzong, here to check Fairy types, set up Trick Room, and set up Stealth Rock. It also has a strong Gyro Ball to use inside of Trick Room and Explosion to get an abuser in safely and do some damage to the foe. Bronzong is really awesome to stop Slurpuff sweeps and also pick off faster Pokemon like Mega Beedrill and Hydreigon with Gyro Ball. Mental Herb is for avoiding Taunts and Encores from the likes of Pokemon such as Whimsicott. Overall, Bronzong is a really cool Pokemon on the team, and I'm happy to have it on here!

FFXIII-Lightning (Machamp) @ Choice Band
Ability: Guts
Brave Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Heavy Slam

Machamp finishes off the team with having a nice Dark resist, and being an extremely powerful and amazing Trick Room abuser. Originally I had Crawdaunt in this slot for filler TR Abuser, but I found that I wanted a better Dark answer, so here's Machamp. With a Choice Band equipped, Machamp hits very hard with Close Combat, and with good coverage, it can hit most of the tier for super effective damage. Close Combat is easy to spam and hits a lot of foes for hard damage, and Knock Off hits Psychics and Ghosts. Stone Edges hits Flying-types like Crobat and Zapdos, and Heavy Slam hits Fairy types such as Florges and Whimsicott (Although offensive Whimsicott takes like 70% from Close Combat) Machamp also has decent bulk, so it can take a hit outside of Trick Room and retaliate. Overall, Machamp is a really awesome Trick Room abuser, and I'm glad to have it on the team! The nickname is for user gopackgo, as I sort of copied his Cresselia nickname.

Dark-types: Dark-types such as Mega Absol can threaten this team immensely, as two of my mons are weak to them, Clamperl's frail as fuck without Reflect up, and Machamp is my only resist. Mega Sharpedo is also really deadly without Trick Room up, as it can clean pretty easily late-game if Machamp or Mega Abomasnow is gone.
Slow Mons: They take advantage of Trick Room and can proceed to fuck my team over. Escavalier and Mega Ampharos are probably the real threats to my team though, and Escavalier can Knock Off Clamperl's item, leaving it useless.

GOD (Clamperl) @ DeepSeaTooth
Ability: Rattled
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Shell Smash

Thanks Obama (Abomasnow-Mega) @ Abomasite
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 8 HP / 248 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Blizzard
- Wood Hammer
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake

Taunt Me Bro (Cresselia) @ Mental Herb / Light Clay
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Moonlight / Reflect
- Moonblast / Psyshock
- Lunar Dance

IN DA SKY (Diancie) @ Life Orb
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Explosion

Bell Pepper (Bronzong) @ Mental Herb
Brave Nature
- Trick Room
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion

FFXIII-Lightning (Machamp) @ Choice Band
Ability: Guts
Brave Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Heavy Slam

Now I will shoutout all my friends who have been here through this journey and then rant for a bit.
UU Room:
Nightingales: One of my best friends on the website, Nightingales is always up for a fight and has a great personality. She also uses cool mons like Ursaring, making her the Creativity Queen. Definitely should get voice in the UU room imo, awesome person.
LittleRunnerXC: The nicest person on Pokemon Showdown!, and an awesome person in general, always willing to help out and battle, and while he does do some weird shit (Search up fanfiction on Pastebin o_o), running is cool, and so is he.
Rattled Snakes: An awesome friend, always happy to help and is an awesome user.
TSR: An awesome user and a great friend.
Auchae: Doesn't come on much anymore, but was my partner in crime back in the days, and is still an awesome (and weird) friend. Love u Auch.
Lilligant for OU: Oh Lilligant, how memorable you are. Always willing to call someone a racist American pig, or a fat commie, so expressive. But yeah, if I didn't S/O you, you would murder me, so yeah.
Threw: A relatively new friend, but still an awesome one at that. Plays Middle Cup as well, which is a plus. Also is the UU room's own commie. How cool. :D
horsehead3: Cool guy, wins tours and shit.
Mazz: Really cool guy, also plays Middle Cup, which is awesome.
King UU: Awesome guy.
Merlouvynis: Awesome friend.
YABO: Cool guy, grats on Room Owner.
Pearl: Awesome teambuilder, grats on making it to DPP UU Tourney finals, sad you lost tho ;(

NU Room:
nv: One of the coolest people on PS and Smogon imo, always nice and willing to help, hosts a bunch of threads, was and is a nice person to me.
Shadestep: Awesome friend, always happy to help and is an awesome person in general.
boltsandbombers: Really cool user.
Prince Lucian: One of the coolest friends on PS, really nice and makes super awesome NU teams.
Teddeh: Should've gotten manager smh. But yeah, a really cool user overall.
Sir Kay: Really cool user.
Based Loser: Awesome friend.
Watchog

RU Room:
Kableye: One of the coolest guys on the website, always nice to everyone.
Chakra: Not only does he have an awesome name, he's an awesome friend as well.
Gatorboy: One of the only people I know who uses Ambipom effectively, so that makes him cool. (Ambipom is still shit tho e_e)
Feliburn: Cool user.
MrAldo: Awesome friend, makes great teams as well.
slurmz: Awesome friend who's always nice, makes awesome teams too!
Esidisi: Awesome friend.
EonX: One of my favorite RU peeps, introduced me to the boss that is CB Scrafty, and makes awesome posts.
passion: Awesome user.

Little Cup Room:
H&MBerkeley: Probably one of the coolest LC users, great friend who is always nice.
Tahu: Master of BP, cool user.
Jac: Cool user, always argues with yppiks23 or whatever.
Merritt: Cool user.

MIDDLE CUP IS THE BEST
unfixable
Mazz
Threw
Maysoon
Aubisio

Also Sobi for the awesome banner and being an awesome guy.

If I forgot anyone, just tell me and I'll add you!

Now, time to rant, about my time at Smogon...

March 24th, 2015. I join Smogon. I'm just a 13 year-old boy, looking for fun and Pokemon. I didn't know all the stuff of Smogon, I just wanted to post and shit. You might've called me a "troll" back then, and looking back at it, I was definitely an asshole, causing trouble, I was even banned from Smogon like 3 times. (Hot Spicy Boner anyone?) Even on PS I was causing trouble, getting muted, banned, even locked. (I was blacklisted from the OU room for a while as well) I still had some friends, but let's say I did have some enemies. You could also say I was a meme as well, and I guess I still am, making UU teams with Clamperl! Then I decided to take a break from mons in September of 2015, then came back and got another ICBB. Then, you could say I gradually started getting more better as a user. I started to make better posts, listen to mods and stuff. And now look where I am now, writing my 1,000th post, a good user, a council member of Middle Cup (GO PLAY IT), winner of a NU Sweet Potato award, and I've gotten a ton of friends as well. I now sit at my computer, 14 years old, having a good day, having a girlfriend, having an awesome life, saying "Thank You" to Smogon. Thank You to my Smogonite friends, Thank You for Pokemon Showdown!, Thank You for having a place to talk about competitive mons, Thank You for all you have given me, new friends, new adventures, and I'm still just getting ready for the ride! Thank You, Smogon.

And remember,
meatwad_dancing.gif
Keep on Dancing ;)
meatwad_dancing.gif

Last edited:

Pearl

Romance は風のまま
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the 7th Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Champion
gonna go out of my way to give this a quick rate 'cause why not

fire-type answers are looking quite shaky IMO; running clamperl as your sole fire resist and p2 as your blanket check to most threats won't work on this squad (i mean, it's nearly impossible to make clamperl work anyway but you get the point) because that means you lose a metric fuckton of momentum trying to get tr up + a sweeper in.

my 2 suggestions are the following: otr diancie > porygon2 (still gives you a blanket check to dragon-types altho it makes it a little harder to play around some threats but you have cress + zong anyway, those mons just don't die) and lunar dance on cresselia because that's sick with clamperl and you can slap a mental herb on it to make up for the loss of magic coat

here are the sets:
Diancie @ Life Orb
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Explosion
Cresselia (F) @ Mental Herb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Lunar Dance
- Psyshock
- Moonlight

mental herb on cress and boom diancie means you can probably afford to run macho brace on bronzong but that's a matter of preference i guess

still chill beast

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
Thanks for the suggestions Pearl! I've tested out Diancie and Lunar Dance Cresselia and they've been doing really well for me, and Diancie lets me not have to sacrifice momentum and stuff in order to check Entei, and Explosion is nice as well. Lunar Dance and Mental Herb is awesome, and it helps get my TR sweepers in safely as well! I'll be sure to implement these changes into the importable soon!

EDIT: Implemented in import

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)