Gen 6 The "Are my Pokémon IVs and Nature good?" Thread

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Outspeeding stuff like Terrakion and Keldeo and tying with Lat@s is a pretty big deal. Also, it's in the analysis. http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/pokemon/diancie
That analysis is not official and was quickly made as a placeholder (the "Ubers" set doesn't even have text lol). Terrakion, Keldeo and Lati@s are all irrelevant in XY Ubers, and will probably continue to be in ORAS (we'll see about Mega Lati@s). I've probably used Mega Diance more than anyone in ORAS Ubers right now and I see little benefit in having a Spe+ nature since you are still slower than Mega Ray / Mega Mence / Arceus-Ground / everything relevant.

That analysis is not official and was quickly made as a placeholder (the "Ubers" set doesn't even have text lol). Terrakion, Keldeo and Lati@s are all irrelevant in XY Ubers, and will probably continue to be in ORAS (we'll see about Mega Lati@s). I've probably used Mega Diance more than anyone in ORAS Ubers right now and I see little benefit in having a Spe+ nature since you are still slower than Mega Ray / Mega Mence / Arceus-Ground / everything relevant.
You outspeed Palkia with a +Speed nature.

I resetted for myself a Timid Diancie 22,23/13/31/31/31/31 IVs and now I am wondering, should I keep it and use it for OU, or should I still reset for a nature where I could abuse Diamant Storm.

Edit: I want to use a Mega Diancie.

I'm kind of late, but in case you're still wondering: Those are pretty good IVs (HP is borderline, but still good).

According to the Strategy Dex entry (which, I must stress, is tentative), OU Diancie wants Hasty or Naive, whereas Ubers can run Timid. I'm not sure if that changes anything.

Just got myself a 16-17/31/31/30/16-17/31 Rash Diancie. Rash and Naive are universally accepted as the best OU natures, which is what I plan to use mega Diancie in as a late game cleaner. It's been incredibly tedious and 2 days of resetting to get one that's even remotely acceptable due to the fact the nature can't be set. Can't decide if that HP kills it or not, but I am considering accepting this one. Any thoughts?

Oh right, you can't set the Nature. XD I wouldn't accept those IVs on a stationary, but this is different.

The best thing to do would be to see if those deficiencies change OHKOs and 2HKOs for common targets and counters.

Decided to drop it. Here is a new one, Diancie, naive nature:

6-7 / 31 / 23 / 26 / 31 / 31

The nature is great, but that bad HP IV makes me really hesistate to keep it.

Decided to drop it. Here is a new one, Diancie, naive nature:

6-7 / 31 / 23 / 26 / 31 / 31

The nature is great, but that bad HP IV makes me really hesistate to keep it.
I wouldn't. Here's a tip, try to check only the ones with 31 HP. The probability that you will encounter a good one will be much higher with that method. I use that kind of method when doing my own soft resets, anything below a certain HP IV is not gonna get checked. I also use a one under pokemon, if that one under pokemon outspeeds, the legendary I am trying to capture is not gonna get checked at all, in fact, not even captured.

I just got done RNGing a shiny Groudon, Adamant nature. Any ideas for an EV spread to make it work as a Primal? I was thinking 252 HP / 252 Attack / 4 Sp. Defense but let me know if there's a better spread.

yohoE

I'm jus Here for da memes r wateva dem shits called
I just got done RNGing a shiny Groudon, Adamant nature. Any ideas for an EV spread to make it work as a Primal? I was thinking 252 HP / 252 Attack / 4 Sp. Defense but let me know if there's a better spread.
I edit'd my post in other thread to late :(

But, like I said in the other thread, 252 attack/Speed would probably be better since ORAS is looking to be a more offensive meta. Also, depending on if you want to speed-tie/out-run other base 90s, Jolly could be better

I edit'd my post in other thread to late :(

But, like I said in the other thread, 252 attack/Speed would probably be better since ORAS is looking to be a more offensive meta. Also, depending on if you want to speed-tie/out-run other base 90s, Jolly could be better
I'm pretty much stuck with Adamant now, so I need to do something along those lines. Groudon could also benefit from being slower, as the slowest weather remains. This means that Groudon could potentially counter Kyogre on turn 1, assuming it is slower than ogre.

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm pretty much stuck with Adamant now, so I need to do something along those lines. Groudon could also benefit from being slower, as the slowest weather remains. This means that Groudon could potentially counter Kyogre on turn 1, assuming it is slower than ogre.
This one situation is not at all worth having a slow Groudon, unless it's a defensive set.

yohoE

Hmm, okay. It also depends on what kind of set you're looking to run.

If you want a SR set, I'd do the max Attack/Speed spread, same with a SD + 3 attacks set.

If you wan't a Rock Polish set, I'd say 136 HP, 252 Attack and 120 Speed.

That's true, but Groudon definitely also needs to run 252 Attack. I'm just not sure whether to invest the rest in HP, Speed, or a mix.

EDIT: Rock Polish seems pretty cool. I'll try that out, but what's the HP EVs trying to live?

yohoE

That's true, but Groudon definitely also needs to run 252 Attack. I'm just not sure whether to invest the rest in HP, Speed, or a mix.

EDIT: Rock Polish seems pretty cool. I'll try that out, but what's the HP EVs trying to live?
It's not really trying to live anything, rather just adding more bulk. Also, it's 120 hp and 136 speed, my bad. 136 speed is used to outrun base 108 scarfers.

edit: though you may not need to outrun base 108s anymore.. you could probably tone it down to outspeed base 102s (garchomp) and then add the rest into hp

How is this Diancie? It's Quirky, but IV's are 31/8,9/28,29/31/31/31

SOOO close that I'm really tempted not to reset for a Naive nature...

yohoE

How is this Diancie? It's Quirky, but IV's are 31/8,9/28,29/31/31/31

SOOO close that I'm really tempted not to reset for a Naive nature...
the 8/9 atk IV isn't really much to worry about, but you could definitely do better than quirky :x

Womp. Now that look back, I don't know why I went for Timid Xerneas when I first got the game. Base 99 speed is such an awkward number, and it's not like the base 90s ever run extra speed. What a waste :/, but no use resetting the game now since I should move on to Mewtwo first I guess.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)